Premier Pass package

WVU-79

45 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I think anyone with half a mind knew how this would turnout.  Not offered on any of my cruises, but would have booked if it was, just in case the 1 in 100 chance they honored it.

Since this only started yesterday, I would think all the charges are pending on everyone's cc.  Wonder if they will disappear or turn into actual charges they have to credit.  

It actually was on sale starting on the 10th.

• Like 1

Just now, coaster said:

You would think after the $18 drink package thing that some more checks and balances would of been implemented. At least a procedure to take down erroneous information from the website in a timely manner. This situation lasted into two different days.

Probably someone doing a 'weekend update' to things, and come tomorrow, someone will NOT be having a good day at work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zoepipes said:

The drink package debacle would have cost them a lot more than this mistake - but then Covid came along and they didn't have to honor a lot of those purchases. It's interesting how things work out. 

and also, back then, a good sale on a drink package was in the neighborhood of $40 per person, per day.  Not a 'good sale' is $70 per day like it is now.  

8 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

Has anyone from the UK been offered the package?

I'm have 2 up coming sailing on the Anthem, out of Southampton, and I have not been offered the package

Yes, we have booked it for our Caribbean sailing on Wonder in December

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

Sorry, I don't understand - what was the vastly different financial environment back then?  Not that I'm saying you're right or wrong, I'm just not sure what that means.

In 2019, the cruise line was flush with cash, the entire company was very liquid and could easily absorb the hit in the name of goodwill. Currently, the entire company is in the red, and struggling financially, they just aren't in the position to eat this mistake.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, coaster said:

You would think after the $18 drink package thing that some more checks and balances would of been implemented. At least a procedure to take down erroneous information from the website in a timely manner. This situation lasted into two different days.

I could not agree more with your assessment; if I ran my business as lackadaisacal as RC, I would be out of business.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

Their IT department is the worst!

This isnt an IT issue.   They put it on sale on the 10th, sold it all day the 10th, and the 11th.   then sometime this morning they shut it down.  I have seen reports of people who said that they spoke to RCI reps this morning and they were talking about the features of the package.    It is a sales issue and I'm sure that all of the Senior Management team will be all over this in the morning.   In my mind it's between a financial problem or a PR nightmare....   IMHO I think they will allow us to keep it, or some semblance of it.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

This isnt an IT issue.   They put it on sale on the 10th, sold it all day the 10th, and the 11th.   then sometime this morning they shut it down.  I have seen reports of people who said that they spoke to RCI reps this morning and they were talking about the features of the package.    It is a sales issue and I'm sure that all of the Senior Management team will be all over this in the morning.   In my mind it's between a financial problem or a PR nightmare....   IMHO I think they will allow us to keep it, or some semblance of it.   

The RC reps on the phone just read off the same computer screen you see at home, if someone hadn't loaded the package into "the system" they wouldn't have it on their screen.

Now, was that a sales and marketing error (I doubt it as the narrative now from the company is "this is a Celebrity product") ; this leads me to believe it was an IT issue that loaded a product into the wrong portal on the RCG servers.

(please pardon any lingo errors, I don't know a portal from a page)

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The RC reps on the phone just read off the same computer screen you see at home, if someone hadn't loaded the package into "the system" they wouldn't have it on their screen.

Now, was that a sales and marketing error (I doubt it as the narrative now from the company is "this is a Celebrity product"; this leads me to believe it was an IT issue that loaded a product into the wrong portal on the RCG servers.

(please pardon any lingo errors, I don't know a portal from a page)

Unfortunately, they do not use the same screens that you see at home.   They use one that is similar to the one that I use as  TA, but it is still different and has a lot of company confidential and marketing info on it.  I figure that senior management has a dilemma on their hands and will resolve it tomorrow (1- do I cancel everyone and get the bad press or 2- do I honor it, or some semblance of it, for those who purchased it). 

• Like 1

I will be gullible for the moment and believe the Celebrity spin for the error. It was loaded on the wrong portal. Price of $89.99 came out of thin air? Why would the price be incorrect if the details just were loaded into the wrong portal? The Celebrity connection is very suspect.

• Like 2

The indignation of some on here is quite astounding.  

People jumped on this because they KNEW it was too good to be true.  One of the first replies estimated out a minimum value of this and it was clear that this had to be a mistake.  

Now people are making all sorts of demands on what RC should do to appease them. 

PLEASE!!!  Get real. 

If they refund your money, then you have no loss.  Move on.  If you bought this and cancelled something else (internet package) that will cost you more now, well, maybe they'll do something for you, but I'd chalk that up to a life lesson. 

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS NOT TRUE.

• Like 10

Just now, coaster said:

I will be gullible for the moment and believe the Celebrity spin for the error. It was loaded on the wrong portal. Price of $89.99 came out of thin air? Why would the price be incorrect if the details just were loaded into the wrong portal? The Celebrity connection is very suspect.

I think not only was it the wrong portal, but that price should have been per day.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

Unfortunately, they do not use the same screens that you see at home.   They use one that is similar to the one that I use as  TA, but it is still different and has a lot of company confidential and marketing info on it.  I figure that senior management has a dilemma on their hands and will resolve it tomorrow (1- do I cancel everyone and get the bad press or 2- do I honor it, or some semblance of it, for those who purchased it). 

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I have had the phone reps repeat back to me erroneous information verbatim to that I am seeing on my computer at home.

If indeed they are reading off a separate screen, and you may be 100% correct, then that just adds validity to my opinion that this is an IT issue.  How else would the same information get onto two different platforms.

Not that any of this matters or amounts to a hill of beans.  It is what it is; its an error or it isn't, they will honor it or they won't.

Are we out of denial yet or are people still hoping?  They dont even have the infrastructure set up to give you the tour. I am on wonder now and they know nothing about it.   Zero.  

i do have have a bridge for sale!!!

• Haha 2

Sorry I am late to this party. For some reason i could not get into cruise critic. Kept getting an error. I noticed the premier pass saturday morning. I tried logging into cruise critic for answers. Unable to log in i started googling it. Saw it offered on celebrity. Hey royal owns that, maybe it's true. Message royal, was unclear about how many needed to buy it. As you can see royal told 1 package 2 people. And the proof is a screen shot. Then i went on fb and posted there. I have not been contacted by royal about any cancellations. And i was specific on my ship and sail date. 

The $18 bev pkg was up for maybe 8-12 hours. I remember them giving up and honoring it, basically because they have no way to look across all bookings and just search deluxe bev pkg. They would have had to go thru every booking and physically look to see what each person paid. 

So until royal contacts me about a refund, i will hold out hope. 

Screenshot_20230311_134819_Messenger.jpg

• Like 1

As I said on the other thread. I believe the only response we’ll get from this is an “oops” email and a full refund. IMO, anyone thinking they’ll get some kind of compensation or the full package is delusional.  Stomping your feet and emailing Bayley will just be a waste of time and contribute to your own frustration.  

I’ll just say “oh well” and move on. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

As I said on the other thread. I believe the only response we’ll get from this is an “oops” email and a full refund. IMO, anyone thinking they’ll get some kind of compensation or the full package is delusional.  Stomping your feet and emailing Bayley will just be a waste of time and contribute to your own frustration.  

I feel so sorry for the team that has to respond to every ridiculous message that goes to that email address. And for the people that believe that he is personally responding...ROFLMAO

Just now, HicksRA said:

Actually, I can stomp my feet and email whoever the heck I would like to and it really won’t impact my day for any more time than I waste here already!  I like it here but I know most of the threads do little for me…I will take five minutes of that time and send an e-mail stomping my feet.

Then I will go on about the day not ever expecting an answer or anything else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3