Nespresso Coffee Machine in every Sun Princess cabin!

startedwithamouse

I would just like to pop in to say that when Carnival first revealed the Mardi Gras, all staterooms had a coffee maker appear in the renderings.  Then, just right before the ship launched, they disappeared.  Of course on the entire Excel class now, there are no coffee makers in the staterooms, not even in suites.

This past occurrence by another CCL corp cruise line makes me skeptical to believe the renderings.  I guess we will all find out early next year when Sun is launched.

• Like 1

Make sense to include a Nespresso in the Forward facing Suites on the higher decks because they are so far away from everything. 

We are close to the Concierge Lounge and will not need a coffee making machine in our Suite.  We will enjoy sitting in a table with amazing view and be asked "decaf or regular?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I would like to see that video but the picture that is posted is exactly that: a picture. How about a link to the video, please?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3VvJlyphD7/?igsh=c280MjBheTN1emlq

The above photo is a screen grab from this reel from Princess.

The cabin ***** is right after the Signature Lounge shots. Cabin shown is a suite. Blink and you missed it . 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

I hate Nespresso. As a coffee fan I rate Nespresso coffee near the bottom of all coffee I have drunk.

I will be taking my own beans, hand grinder and Aeropress on all my cruises from now on.

PS Apologies to all Nespresso lovers. Just my personal taste 🙂 

12 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Princess Instagram today.

Ahhh... The closest I come to "social media" is Cruise Critic. Not surprising I wouldn't see something from Instagram.

With apologies to Obi-Wan Kenobi:

image.jpeg.37de1b1c1b65f563ee431319536239e5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dides said:

Here's the setup from a suite:

May be an image of coffee cup, tea maker, coffee maker and text

Are these Lavazza refills the usual standard K cup format, IOW can we bring other refills if we prefer to bring our own?  They do appear to be the same size...

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Are these Lavazza refills the usual standard K cup format, IOW can we bring other refills if we prefer to bring our own?  They do appear to be the same size...

Looking at the Lavazza site, the machine in above pics looks like this model and it would be a specific size capsule that would only fit this espresso machine (not k-cup or Nespresso size):

image.thumb.png.78c6b2a5348ab8d8d2db120c97b3ba2d.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

Looking at the Lavazza site, the machine in above pics looks like this model and it would be a specific size capsule that would only fit this espresso machine (not k-cup or Nespresso size):

image.thumb.png.78c6b2a5348ab8d8d2db120c97b3ba2d.png

Looks like there's an adapter after all. That model takes a "Lavazza Blue" cartridge, and Amazon sells this fancy adapter:

https://www.amazon.ca/Coffee-Filter-Refillable-Stainless-Lavazza/dp/B0CFK58D4Q/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3UH883AJPGEH3&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.XEq3L55DhL_nylN90dgPEI1vWRYItuTerK_y7mXhdc_7N0CccQveMS_7KkaRL05rw0nDMY2_5WCkWAfW3tT3SjET19Mp7PjAP8tNGp_BdrqG6x1aUHIZx1xb7gTNyEnRhDKyIBCyj3Ea5QPWqntedOCSwfy2KL-xLNMOquPVFFvsAP7yT8rHFz9KqJhQ5Wemr6yhFYct1f344bQmT79t0xmAn8tBmvVkKYjavoLde-5YH89ibwbA3DN1b7cqdsijx_iK_RPxARkQROgWNVYn4biM2xfYK3TgKQ40CD12DL8.toBk9AoyJYTDfKeW-VeA7BhEmzI4kvLRsRk1a-zYFOI&dib_tag=se&keywords=lavazza+blue+capsules&qid=1709757468&sprefix=lavazza+blue%2Caps%2C124&sr=8-8

Presumably there's a cheaper plastic option somewhere

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though the renderings showed the coffee machines in all cabins, from the videos I've seen so far of actual cabins, it seems like they are actually only in the full suites????

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rebeccac said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though the renderings showed the coffee machines in all cabins, from the videos I've seen so far of actual cabins, it seems like they are actually only in the full suites????

Yes, as I said all along... 🙄

• Like 3

I saw the original rendering and it showed a coffee maker in all cabins but now it's just in suites which is fine with me I have plus booked for my first Sun cruise so why would I make my own coffee when I can have it made and delivered to the cabin a little time to wait but I'm fine with that.😊

• Like 2