That age old E Doc Question.......

Lois R

Hi, I know there have been many questions on here about when folks get their cruise documents. I just wanted to post that I am 26 days from my next cruise and received my documents this morning. So that is just over 3 weeks.  I have received my past few documents about 15 days out so it looks like they moved the date up, well, for this sailing anyway🙂 And I had booked a guaranty and they have my cabin number on there too!  It was not showing up on My Silversea before this so now it is........deck 6 mid ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For my Moon cruise embarking tomorrow, I had not received docs by ten days prior so I asked my TA to call and they arrived that afternoon. Then a duplicate arrived unsolicited at six days pre-cruise.

I suspect that if I had not asked for them, the only docs I received would have been six days pre-cruise.

I know one hardly needs a cruise ticket unless for getting into the port, but still that was cutting it a bit close for comfort - I'm a dinosaur, I want all my docs on paper, in hand, well before I begin my journey.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 3

We got our e-docs for our January Dawn cruise about three weeks before the cruise.  Not sure if Silversea is getting better or not but it’s not been a problem so far.  Still miss the Silver Box but very few cruise lines mail out documents anymore.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

For my Moon cruise embarking tomorrow, I had not received docs by ten days prior so I asked my TA to call and they arrived that afternoon. Then a duplicate arrived unsolicited at six days pre-cruise.

I suspect that if I had not asked for them, the only docs I received would have been six days pre-cruise.

I know one hardly needs a cruise ticket unless for getting into the port, but still that was cutting it a bit close for comfort - I'm a dinosaur, I want all my docs on paper, in hand, well before I begin my journey.

I like having the paper documents with me as well.🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jollyjones said:

I would propose a cross ship Triv completion via Zoom conference, then realise how preposterous that would be! lol

We never received any docs apart from what was in my.silversea (ie the GIF, Covid docs we provided and flight details which were all there 2 months ago. Our SS consultant assured us they don’t issue anything anymore and we certainly didn’t receive anything. I wasn’t bothered for this one but it’s certainly needed for Japan in a months time as we know we need a negative test to board and that still hasn’t officially been told to us. We are also intending to ignore transfers and make our our via (via bullet train in the morning), so we need a few snippets off info like location of boarding.

Happy sailing.

7 hours ago, jollyjones said:

You are not alone. Hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

We received our docs for our Moon 28th March cruise yesterday which was 13 days from cruising. Just made it as tomorrow we fly out as spending some time in portugal before the cruise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drron29 said:

We received our docs for our Moon 28th March cruise yesterday which was 13 days from cruising. Just made it as tomorrow we fly out as spending some time in portugal before the cruise.

Wishing you a wonderful time......I love Portugal!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, drron29 said:

We're also on the Mar 28 Moon sailing. One of 3 couples from Texas. We haven't received anything other than what was populated in MySilversea. According to my TA, additional info is coming. 

Edited by Desperate to Sail

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Have a fabulous time drron

And I need to thank you @Daveywavey70 because we are now considering a trip to India using the Travel Agency you used. Rojaan is a very determined lady and long ago decided she would never eat Indian food because to her it is always too spicy. but the fellow will put together a trip using only Oberoi hotels. Sure it won't have the atmosphere of the places you stayed and will miss some places but they all have a western restaurant so 2 meals a day is assured for her. Plus those restaurants also have some Indian selections which will suit me.

• Like 2

He’ll do you proud drron. He offered several options, heritage hotels, taj hotels, Oberoi hotels. There may be a couple of pointers I could offer gladly whilst you’re planning. Unfortunately travelling solo, the Oberoi supplements were just ridiculous. Had I been travelling with my partner it might have been worthwhile. I Chose the option to stay where I could in Heritage properties to absorb as much as I could of the incredible people, places and culture and spend my money locally. I Sincerely hope you get there and “Incredible India” imbeds itself in your heart like it did mine. In the meantime have a fabulous time on the Moon. We should have been on her for my 50th in Oct 20 but it wasn’t to be. I Did however at least get to see her when she delivered some precious cargo to Liverpool pier head last May!

• Like 3