AzAmazing evenings no more?

fruitmachine

3 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

With upcoming voyages, it seems to vary.

Of our 7 booked sailings, some are the more typical "get on a bus and go to a venue" and some are onboard.

If they are going to stop them, then they should make the change to the pre-sales material first - which is what I think they have done.  But your experience perhaps indicates that it's already started.

• Like 1

I have very much enjoyed the onboard ones and recognise the off ship ones tied up staff in so much logistics to make it happen that it maybe deflected their attention from other things on the day of the event.  Never mind some of the quality control issues they had ashore - (Im thinking the cigarette smoking servers in Aquaba and the singer in Columbia who was clearly high and we heard back stage "stank" 🙂 )

I loved many of the offshore events but maybe life has just got too complicated for them.

I noted last cruise we had one "Destination Celebration" plus two local groups onboard on other nights so maybe a new focus would give us even more

I think we may see quite a few minor changes coming through on the new website as Azamara strike out on their own

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, uktog said:

I have very much enjoyed the onboard ones and recognise the off ship ones tied up staff in so much logistics to make it happen that it maybe deflected their attention from other things on the day of the event.  Never mind some of the quality control issues they had ashore - (Im thinking the cigarette smoking servers in Aquaba and the singer in Columbia who was clearly high and we heard back stage "stank" 🙂 )

I loved many of the offshore events but maybe life has just got too complicated for them.

I noted last cruise we had one "Destination Celebration" plus two local groups onboard on other nights so maybe a new focus would give us even more

I think we may see quite a few minor changes coming through on the new website as Azamara strike out on their own

I agree.

We've had some wonderful experiences with both the onboard and outside events.  And, if an onboard event makes more logistic sense, completely support that rather than just saying "oh, we did an Azamazing evening off the ship" for what could be a sub-standard experience.

As I said above, our upcoming sailings have a mix of both onboard and off-ship events, and I think that is the result of Azamara making the determination for what fits best for pax enjoyment.

• Like 3

One past Azamara cruise and one starting next week.

We really enjoyed our Azamazing evening's entertainment, but consistently felt rushed to get in the venue and seated, then didn't want to miss the bus afterwards.  Walking was on dark pathways and walking much faster than I thought prudent for me.  Also, since it was dark, didn't get to see any thing going to or from the event.

Will see how we feel after the upcoming evening in Seville, excited to see the entertainment which is flamingo dancing.

If there is good entertainment brought onboard I can see how that can be just as enjoyable.

• Like 5

On 3/17/2023 at 4:38 AM, fruitmachine said:

I may be jumping the gun, but noted this on the new website... 

image.thumb.png.d53195c51178a86f2267ea74c3c65fc3.png

... and a search on the new website turns up no mentions of the word "AzAmazing" other than in old blog posts and similar.

Yes you are jumping the gun.  Please wait until the new website is completed.  Oh, and as long as we’ve been cruising with Azamara, they have often brought on local , cultural, entertainment along with providing the Azamazing Evening.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jkhneuber said:

Why should they start Azamazing Evenings again after pandemic and cancle them a few month later?

Because they haven't.

See my what I wrote 3 posts above.  On our 7 sailings, we DO have Azamazing Evenings booked on about half of them.

Like this:

DAY 8
16-Dec-2023
Durban, South Africa

AzAmazing Evening: Zulu Dance and Live Jazz
07:00 PM

Total Cost: 0.00 USD

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 2

Go to the Azamara  website and to the very bottom of the page where there are links to various sites such as ships, ship and shore , booked, about Azamara, etc.  Under About Azamara,  click Why Azamara .   Scroll to the bottom of that page and you will see AZAMAZING Evenings.   Click  View Flyer.   That brings up a list of the AZAMAZING evenings for every cruise through April 2024.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, KY Deb said:

Go to the Azamara  website and to the very bottom of the page where there are links to various sites such as ships, ship and shore , booked, about Azamara, etc.  Under About Azamara,  click Why Azamara .   Scroll to the bottom of that page and you will see AZAMAZING Evenings.   Click  View Flyer.   That brings up a list of the AZAMAZING evenings for every cruise through April 2024.  

That takes you to the travel agent support pages, and the onward link to the flyer is now broken, I assume because of the revamp.

I just checked the link on my website and it’s still available and brings up the list.  Maybe because it’s the US site?   I’ll be happy to check for anyone who can’t bring up the site for the date and place of the AMAMAZING evening on your cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KY Deb said:

I just checked the link on my website and it’s still available and brings up the list.  Maybe because it’s the US site?   I’ll be happy to check for anyone who can’t bring up the site for the date and place of the AMAMAZING evening on your cruise. 

I found it (by changing the country at the bottom of the page).

The metadata of that flyer shows that it was last updated nearly a year ago, and from comments elsewhere I gather it includes cruises that have since been cancelled.  So I'd hold back on putting too much reliance on it for now.

• Like 1

Just now, fruitmachine said:

I found it (by changing the country at the bottom of the page).

The metadata of that flyer shows that it was last updated nearly a year ago, and from comments elsewhere I gather it includes cruises that have since been cancelled.  So I'd hold back on putting too much reliance on it for now.

I can only tell you that the AzAmazing evenings we have booked and on our cruise personalizers are on the list.

• Like 1

The Azamazing Evening flyer lists Duo Violins in Rhodes, Greece. We saw them in October 2022 onboard the Pursuit.  They were fantastic!  Very energetic and engaging with the audience.  I highly recommend their show.  

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

I believe there is a disclaimer for transatlantic and repositioning cruises, that there will not be one.

I have read that even pre Covid. 

on Quest now..one country..Japan..on ship ..others we used buses.

a very good one was to short and bus RT was longer.

8 hours ago, laurieb said:

I believe there is a disclaimer for transatlantic and repositioning cruises, that there will not be one.

There was.

But with AzAmazing evenings now not mentioned in the details for any cruise, I guess there is no reason for that disclaimer.

• Like 1

Cultural Evenings
Cultural Evenings

Experience new cultures with onboard or onshore performances by locals, while enjoying cocktails and light snacks.

This is on the guest page when looking at individual cruises.  Looks like all of the talk about discontinued Azamazing evenings was premature!

• Like 6