A question about the Emerald Princess

gottagocit

We’ve sailed on the Emerald 3 times I believe and will be on her again in April.

Has she had the modification done where the cabins have the auto nightlights located at the outlets on the way to the bathrooms? Anything else changed on her since around 2018?

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

We’ve sailed on the Emerald 3 times I believe and will be on her again in April.

Has she had the modification done where the cabins have the auto nightlights located at the outlets on the way to the bathrooms? Anything else changed on her since around 2018?

Thanks 

Yes, just sailed Emerald last month, and we had nightlights beneath the bedside tables and also in the closet area. We took the throw pillows and placed them on the floor to block the room ones, but the closet was the best. Loved not having to put on a light when getting items from the closet.

All venues on the Lido deck have been remodeled and are gorgeous and up-to-date. Steamers is beautiful to sit and relax in while having a meal.  We brought drinks and items from Skywalkers elite lounge down to Steamers to enjoy because it was more relaxing. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Steamers is beautiful to sit and relax in while having a meal.  We brought drinks and items from Skywalkers elite lounge down to Steamers to enjoy because it was more relaxing. 

Great to hear.
I don’t recall Steamers. Is it part of the updated Lido deck you mentioned? What is it and where?

1 hour ago, gottagocit said:

Great to hear.
I don’t recall Steamers. Is it part of the updated Lido deck you mentioned? What is it and where?

When I was on the ship in November - there was no food. It was just extra area for seating from the buffet. Both Steamers and Planks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

When I was on the ship in November - there was no food. It was just extra area for seating from the buffet. Both Steamers and Planks.

Breakfast was open in Steamers and Planks. As mentioned above, we brought food and drinks down from elite lounge to enjoy in Steamers to enjoy the chill vibe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Looking at an aft suite doing the Panama Canal next spring, are any balcony’s uncovered or 1/2 covered?  And any info about the aft vents?..Thanks

We had a premium balcony on Caribe deck, which was half covered, which came in handy when we hit a huge rain shower on canal transit day.  Not sure about the aft suites. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We had a premium balcony on Caribe deck, which was half covered, which came in handy when we hit a huge rain shower on canal transit day.  Not sure about the aft suites. 

Thanks!! I'm in C238 for 3 weeks (B2B) this spring. Love the 1/2 covered ones

I have to agree with not liking the night lights they now have. A softer light would be much better. LED lights near the beds only need to be one of two on a strip. And that one in the closet is  like an airport runway at 3 am. We covered them and I have a small night light for the bathroom of my own.  It's bright enough to wake whomever is in the room. Great idea, bad execution. Less is more.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Breakfast was open in Steamers and Planks. As mentioned above, we brought food and drinks down from elite lounge to enjoy in Steamers to enjoy the chill vibe.

Though Steamers and Planks is also not open as their original intended use.

I know Steamers and Planks was not open for breakfast on my sailing. It may depend on staffing and how many passengers on the ship.

2 hours ago, jinpasco said:

I have to agree with not liking the night lights they now have. A softer light would be much better. LED lights near the beds only need to be one of two on a strip. And that one in the closet is  like an airport runway at 3 am. We covered them and I have a small night light for the bathroom of my own.  It's bright enough to wake whomever is in the room. Great idea, bad execution. Less is more.

They may turn out to be too bright for us also as we haven’t sailed since they were installed. We’ll find out in April. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Looking at an aft suite doing the Panama Canal next spring, are any balcony’s uncovered or 1/2 covered?  And any info about the aft vents?..Thanks

I am currently in a Vista suite on Caribe and the balcony is fully covered. 

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Though Steamers and Planks is also not open as their original intended use.

I know Steamers and Planks was not open for breakfast on my sailing. It may depend on staffing and how many passengers on the ship.

And we're happy they're not!  It's nice and quiet and relaxing watching the sunset. 

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

And we're happy they're not!  It's nice and quiet and relaxing watching the sunset. 

I never ate at Steamers and Planks when it was operational. I did eat at the area in Nov. on TA to avoid crowds. I didn't think it was that great of an area though. Nothing to write home about.

We never had food operational there (I did carry my food there). Maybe I will use the area on the Crown for scenery - time will tell.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I never ate at Steamers and Planks when it was operational. I did eat at the area in Nov. on TA to avoid crowds. I didn't think it was that great of an area though. Nothing to write home about.

We never had food operational there (I did carry my food there). Maybe I will use the area on the Crown for scenery - time will tell.

The Steamers decor is beautiful and relaxing.  It was relaxing and reminded us of our home, which we just completed a full remodel with emphasis on a coastal aesthetic vibe. We liked it much better than Skywalkers to enjoy our elite lounge appetizers. 

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

The Steamers decor is beautiful and relaxing.  It was relaxing and reminded us of our home, which we just completed a full remodel with emphasis on a coastal aesthetic vibe. We liked it much better than Skywalkers to enjoy our elite lounge appetizers. 

Sort of funny - I do have a coastal vibe in my current place. I was reading that is "out" for 2022 and 2023..... Ughh.

Steamers just represented empty tables and chairs to me. And I sailed right after the refurb. I wondered why they didn't take the signs down as I don't see Steamers and Planks returning.

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Sort of funny - I do have a coastal vibe in my current place. I was reading that is "out" for 2022 and 2023..... Ughh.

Steamers just represented empty tables and chairs to me. And I sailed right after the refurb. I wondered why they didn't take the signs down as I don't see Steamers and Planks returning.

We worked with a designer, and believe me, it's refreshing and timeless. 😉 

Our group didn't feel that way in Steamers, we loved the chill and made some good memories. 

17 hours ago, Ombud said:

Oh thank goodness!! I'm spending 3 weeks on her (5/27-6/17) and love those motion sensor lights!

That is the real issue, some love them, but some hate them. I do not like being blinded and waking my DW if I get up at night. And sometimes the closet one would come on for no apparent reason in the middle of the night (hanger movement?). The other one would come on if you dropped a pillow or blanket edge over the bedside. It would have been so simple to install them on a switch so as to be an option, but no, that would have made too much sense.  Now I need to pack electrical or painters tape to cover the sensors.

• Like 1