Just Off Beyond, Holy Ship,What A Ship!

Wakepatrol

Just got off Beyond this morning and will now suffer the cruise blues for a good week. The ship was jaw dropping beautiful, the entertainment was incredible and the other lines seem so outdated compared to this ship. I will write a review in a few days but this ship was a stunner 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Wakepatrol said:

Just got off Beyond this morning and will now suffer the cruise blues for a good week. The ship was jaw dropping beautiful, the entertainment was incredible and the other lines seem so outdated compared to this ship. I will write a review in a few days but this ship was a stunner 

yay. Glad you had a great holiday.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wakepatrol said:

Hi, 

I cruised aboard the Beyond the week of Feb. 19 and had a similar experience. The Beyond has the best production shows that I have ever seen aboard a ship. I agree that this ship is stunning.

Chuck

19 hours ago, Wakepatrol said:

Just got off Beyond this morning  The ship was jaw dropping beautiful, the entertainment was incredible and the other lines seem so outdated compared to this ship. 

We agree.  Beyond was the most beautiful ship we have ever sailed on.  😊

Look at what you just did..... Cruise envy going on right now over here! I can't wait to board the Ascent on January 7th of next year to get a feel of what all you have been talking about with the Beyond.

I guess I will have to suffer thru my April 30th cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas (going with our two 19 year old sons) and then soldier through our Halloween Cruise on the Eclipse. but after that, I finally get to experience all that is Edge Class.

• Like 1

We also agree. We were on her in December, and after over 25 cruises, this ship blows everything else out of the water. I was shocked at the beauty, and especially the entertainment, which, in my opinion, is better that Royal's current shows.

Wow!  Great to hear. I read a thread a while back about random noises made by the ship that interfered with sleep. I kinda let Beyond sink to the bottom of my list and booked the Edge instead. What are some of the things that separate Beyond, in terms of beauty, from the other E class ships?  May need to take another look. 

21 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wow!  Great to hear. I read a thread a while back about random noises made by the ship that interfered with sleep. I kinda let Beyond sink to the bottom of my list and booked the Edge instead. What are some of the things that separate Beyond, in terms of beauty, from the other E class ships?  May need to take another look. 

In the non-suite areas, I would say the Sunset Bar on Beyond is a wonderful upgrade from Edge/Apex. Very well done. The Grand Plaza on Beyond has the Martini Bar in the middle as opposed to off to one side— allows more bar seating at the expense of a bit of the dance floor. 

In the suite areas, everything is a bit bigger. Retreat Lounge is completely inside on Beyond while Edge and Apex have an outdoor seating area. 

The ships are still very similar and I’m sure you will enjoy Edge!!

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

We loved the Beyond as well and I can't wait to get back to her next March. The entire ship is beautiful but the Sunset bar area during the day and Eden at night are two of our favorite areas anywhere.

The ship is beautiful and the service and entertainment were a class "beyond". LOL.

Yes, we had an IV room that creaked a lot, but to be fair to the engineers and designers of the ship, we were also experiencing very large, long swells that couldn't really be compensated for by the stabilizers. So our poor captain was very apologetic as the ship swayed almost the entire voyage. I expect that will not be the norm as our last night the sea was cooperating and our room was perfectly silent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am very excited for my upcoming TA/b2b on Beyond.  We had to cancel our January cruise, so my anticipation keeps growing, along with being so ready to return to Europe.  Honestly, I feel like the best of both worlds are coming together and my anticipation has gotten me through this awful and never-ending winter.  

Of course, weather is just another element that can be exciting with a little rock’n roll of the ship.  I have had the continual creaking for no apparent reason that robs your sleep and makes you cranky.  Having said that, the excitement is a huge part of preparing and looking forward to the experience.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

Hi, 

The Celebrity Beyond also has an additional specialty restaurant, Le Voyage, which was excellent. Because the Beyond is about 60 feet longer than Apex/Edge, the pool area also has been enlarged.

I cruised aboard the Celebrity Apex last year and loved the ship. I think the Celebrity Beyond is even better.

During my cruise on the Celebrity Beyond last month, I did not experience any noise in my infinite veranda stateroom on Deck 11. However, the ocean was extremely smooth throughout my cruise.

Chuck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I am very excited for my upcoming TA/b2b on Beyond.  We had to cancel our January cruise, so my anticipation keeps growing, along with being so ready to return to Europe.  Honestly, I feel like the best of both worlds are coming together and my anticipation has gotten me through this awful and never-ending winter.  

Of course, weather is just another element that can be exciting with a little rock’n roll of the ship.  I have had the continual creaking for no apparent reason that robs your sleep and makes you cranky.  Having said that, the excitement is a huge part of preparing and looking forward to the experience.

This is the second time I've heard about continual creaking. Are you also talking about the Infinite Veranda? We were on a cruise once on a different line during a hurricane and experienced very rough seas and a horrible clanging sound from either the window or the balcony door that they had blocked off. (Cove Balcony room on Carnival) 

Has anyone else experienced this creaking with the Infinity veranda? We have one booked for a transatlantic next year on Ascent. 

20 minutes ago, jules815 said:

This is the second time I've heard about continual creaking. Are you also talking about the Infinite Veranda? We were on a cruise once on a different line during a hurricane and experienced very rough seas and a horrible clanging sound from either the window or the balcony door that they had blocked off. (Cove Balcony room on Carnival) 

Has anyone else experienced this creaking with the Infinity veranda? We have one booked for a transatlantic next year on Ascent. 

An S class ship for continual creaking.  Never on E class!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Texed said:

Or, maybe, even better.  😉

We will be sailing on Ascent on January 7th, 2024. Hopefully, after the Christmas and New Year's Cruises and the 4 prior cruises, the crew will be firing on all cylinders and in the grove.

I try to not do a new ship too close to an inauguration cruise mainly because there are kinks and things every new crew needs to work out. I don't feel like paying too much coin to be a lab rat. 

And I hope to see if there is anything "special" about Ascent vs Beyond.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, binro01 said:

I can't wait to board the Ascent

Ditto but I have to wait longer...boohiss. Until Sept. 2025...will look for your review😉  Also on Allure this September but she is one of my faves so I will not suffer in the least.  In between we have ICON of the Seas Sept '24  Now that one is one I am anticipating with relish!

Edited by BecciBoo

We are also just off the Beyond and it was the best cruise ever...been on over 20 and nothing ever like this.  The service was fantastic and the ship is stunning.  Highly recommend the Retreat.   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, florida23 said:

Is there someplace on Beyond to get coffee early in the morning like around 5 am? (early risers) We're in a Sky Suite if that matters.

The buffet should have a drink station open 24/7 with basic drip coffee and tea. That is how it was on the Edge and Equinox.

We had our butler bring us morning coffee-- but not that early!   I believe the daily planner said the Oceanview Buffet had coffee 24/7.   I think Cafe Albaccio might open early too - but not that early.