The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 23rd, 2023

StLouisCruisers

@seagarsmoker Hoping you had a lovely day to celebrate your birthday. And a memorable PG dinner in your suite. Perfect!  

We were in Punta Arenas but all I remember is the huge cross monument we watched for on the way out down the channel in the twilight. 

Blessings to all in need of healing (🙏 to @mamaofami) comfort or hope. Cheers to all celebrating, and Bon Voyage to friends on Noordam sailing away out of Auckland tonight,; smooth sailing to all our cruisers. 

Tired.  Calls today were with dental office about payments we received directly from insurance… nothing adds up… no bill, invoices don’t match Explanation of Benefits… offices wants us to endorse over to them. I’m confused! And tired. Will revisit next week after eye surgery🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I got a custom splint that is hotter than blazes. I just ordered a liner that should come tomorrow.

In the meantime you might use an old sock and just cut off the toe part.  It really worked for me when I broke my hand.  The splint was hot and I was always sweaty and sticky, yuck.  I never got a liner, just started using old socks.

• Like 7

I got an interesting text from my Hollywood Bowl boss this evening.  He wanted to let me know that I was doing great, that I was just out of the top 10, and he wants me to sneak into 10th or 9th for next year. And he loves having me on his team.  The only way to "sneak" into that top 10 is to be on team A, I'm on team B, and DH is on Team C.

I also got to text with my hiring boss, he said that regardless of what happens with me this year, he was pretty sure that since he no longer runs any campaigns, that I would be able to get a job with anyone I want to work for.  I love all three of my bosses that I will have this spring, it's the winter months that kill me.  Sales campaigns are done for the year by November and December, and lets be honest, I am a terrible Fund raiser, and my next campaign?  Fund raising.  Selling for us usually starts in late April and May. 

Tomorrow we are taking our day off.  Going to hear a piano recital at Emory University.  Have lunch out, and maybe get a walk in.  Which would be so nice before the rain comes in.  And before we have to hit the phones again on Saturday. Today we were off by 6, I called a friend, I fixed dinner, and we finally,  for the first time all week,  had a meal together at home.  I need a cruise.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 11

Good evening!  I had a full day with DM and then tried to catch up with the Daily, but it took until now to read all 5 pages.  DM had a 6 month follow up with her radiation oncologist for her lung cancer and everything looks great.  He was going to have her come back in 6 months again but she wanted to do a year so he compromised at a 9 months follow up.  Then we went out to one of her favorite restaurants and our dear friend Kim Crawford showed up.  Tonight I had a Zoom meeting with my faith sisters.

Happy Birthday @seagarsmoker!  Your cruise sounds like a fabulous way to celebrate and with a Pinnacle Suite too!

A comment about yesterday's conversation about bending after eye surgery......  Yes, eye surgeons request no bending because it puts severe strain on the face and eyes, especially if there is an incision.  Some really enforce it, the doctor I worked for was a stickler. 

I made today's meal of the day during the lockdown and the whole internet craze.  I need to make it again because I really enjoyed it and it's so very easy.  Thank you for the recipes @0106 Tina, the first recipe looked more like the one I made.  BTW, Boursin cheese is delightful.  We use it a lot, especially in mashed potatoes, yum!

Tomorrow will be another late day for me because DM has another appointment.  This is her hair appointment, she does like to look her best!

I'm on our desktop so no puppy photo from me today.  Have a great evening!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening!  I had a full day with DM and then tried to catch up with the Daily, but it took until now to read all 5 pages.  DM had a 6 month follow up with her radiation oncologist for her lung cancer and everything looks great.  

A comment about yesterday's conversation about bending after eye surgery......  Yes, eye surgeons request no bending because it puts severe strain on the face and eyes, especially if there is an incision.  Some really enforce it, the doctor I worked for was a stickler. 

Sharon, good news about DM. When I had my 2nd cataract surgery, the doctor said my cornea was "floppy" so I had actual stitches in the incision and she put a contact lens in so the sutures wouldn't irritate my inner lid. It was weird getting the stitches out, when someone comes at your eye with tweezers!

• Like 7

Goodnight everyone!

I chose Chinese takeout tonight because of our early church group study tonight. The food was so bad I ate 1/4 plate and threw the rest of the $ 20.00 meal + tip in trash. 

I’m hungry. Popcorn or a fasting day for Lent. Lent wins.

Now that I’m here;  one more time for our late Daily or our earliest  European posters…….many of you can relate to these days.

image.jpeg.84c56dd557a5f39f4baade6b455c3b05.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2