Magician Attacked During Show By Guest!

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

First mentioned here: 

Then, dedicated thread:

A simple search for "magician" would have done the trick.

Well aren't you helpful and a ray of sunshine.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, SakeDad said:

I hope RCCL does the right thing and stands by this entertainer who was violently attacked during his show and so far nothing has been done. Check the link out for video and more info. https://www.queerty.com/watch-jealous-man-attacks-gay-magician-for-getting-too-close-to-his-female-partner-20230323

and what do you expect RCCL to do for the entertainer?  

Edited by Buckeyefrank100
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 10:03 AM, BecciBoo said:

The perp shoulda been thrown off the ship at the earliest opportunity and made to find his/and her own way home.   Period.  Intolerable behavior.

>>>>BINGO

Zero violence policy ... what a joke

If you don't throw this guy off , you aint throwin noone off !

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 4:00 AM, Biker19 said:

First mentioned here: 

Then, dedicated thread:

A simple search for "magician" would have done the trick.

I did do a search....it didn't come up.....thanks for your "helpful" responses

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SakeDad said:

I did do a search....it didn't come up.....thanks for your "helpful" responses

It sometimes helps to limit the search to titles only - very few thread titles in the RCI section with “magician” in it.  

Wow shocking, should be arrested and punished, immediately removed at the next port and banned for life from any royal royal ship and their partner ships. Anti social behaviour is becoming the norm and companies need to clamp it down before it gets too out of hand. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It sometimes helps to limit the search to titles only - very few thread titles in the RCI section with “magician” in it.  

It sometimes helps to realize a new post addressing the same topic doesn't have the same theme thereby deserving a new thread. My topic isn't the attack, it's the poor response from RCCL to the artist. 

• Like 2

On 3/24/2023 at 6:03 AM, BecciBoo said:

The perp shoulda been thrown off the ship at the earliest opportunity and made to find his/and her own way home.   Period.  Intolerable behavior.

Wonder what Pinnacle Level he is to walk away?? Suite guest? 

• Like 1

This happened the beginning of March.   Unfortunately jealousy get the best of the passenger as he thought the magician was going to kiss his wife/girlfriend during the card trick.

He Wife was furious, but I do agree he should have been punished.   Royal may have punished but didn't make it a public announcement.

1 hour ago, SakeDad said:

It sometimes helps to realize a new post addressing the same topic doesn't have the same theme thereby deserving a new thread. My topic isn't the attack, it's the poor response from RCCL to the artist. 

The same topic could be sliced endlessly into different threads but folks tend to post the same stuff no matter how you slice it. BTW, no one here or in the other two threads knows what exactly happened to the attacker.

Biker, who is surprised the "usual" lawyer has not weighed in on this.

Edited by Biker19

In order for us all to feel safe cruising on Royal’s ships, they should have taken him off the ship, and they should have announced it.  If I had been there for that show and not known if he was removed, it may have may have made me less comfortable anywhere in the ship, and who knows if he would have taken it out on the woman later in the cabin.

why bother having the security guards walking around then?

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 1:56 AM, SakeDad said:

I hope RCCL does the right thing and stands by this entertainer who was violently attacked during his show and so far nothing has been done. Check the link out for video and more info. https://www.queerty.com/watch-jealous-man-attacks-gay-magician-for-getting-too-close-to-his-female-partner-20230323

So what do you want Royal to do for the aggrieved magician? Get him his own Netflix special? 

This guy has probably had more publicity in the past few weeks then he ever had in his entire career. Maybe Royal should take 10% of his increased earnings he will generate because of this publicity. 😁

BTW I missed all the other threads about this so thanks for posting. I guess I avoid cruise ship magicians on land as well as at sea. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

So what do you want Royal to do for the aggrieved magician? Get him his own Netflix special? 

Not the poster you quoted, but *I* would want the passenger confined to his cabin until put off in the next port at the bare minimum.  Suspending/banning him would be acceptable also.  

Do YOU think there should be no repercussions against the assailant? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Not the poster you quoted, but *I* would want the passenger confined to his cabin until put off in the next port at the bare minimum.  Suspending/banning him would be acceptable also.  

Do YOU think there should be no repercussions against the assailant? 

Of course not. I was responding to the poster who said their major concern was with Royal was doing for the magician. So I addressed that issue. Just because I didn't deal with the assailant doesn't mean "there should be no repercussions against the assailant".

If you really have to know, I'm no lawyer but it looked like assault and battery to me. Hopefully some jurisdiction will throw the book at him. I couldn't care less what Royal does/did to him. That's their business and since I don't own any Royal stock, it's not my business. But if I owned Royal, I'd want the Captain to pick a crew member who most resembled Dick Butkus and have him (or her) to tackle the jerk right off the stern of the ship. 💪🏈 😁

Just now, DirtyDawg said:

Of course not. I was responding to the poster who said their major concern was with Royal was doing for the magician. So I addressed that issue. Just because I didn't deal with the assailant doesn't mean "there should be no repercussions against the assailant".

If you really have to know, I'm no lawyer but it looked like assault and battery to me. Hopefully some jurisdiction will throw the book at him. I couldn't care less what Royal does/did to him. That's their business and since I don't own any Royal stock, it's not my business. But if I owned Royal, I'd want the Captain to pick a crew member who most resembled Dick Butkus and have him (or her) to tackle the jerk right off the stern of the ship. 💪🏈 😁

IMO, taking action against the passenger is doing something FOR the magician.  If Royal DOESN'T take some kind of action against the pax, that shows they don't care for their employees (and yes, I consider an entertainer an employee). 

36 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

IMO, taking action against the passenger is doing something FOR the magician.  If Royal DOESN'T take some kind of action against the pax, that shows they don't care for their employees (and yes, I consider an entertainer an employee). 

OK. you are free to think that. And I'm free to think the way I do. In the end, nobody cares what you or I think about this issue.  CC is just a way to waist time. 😊

• Like 1