Mariner of the Seas

I am booked on the April 24th voyage and was wondering if anyone has sailed her before and their observations? I think she is dry docked and the APril 1st voyage was cancelled. Hoping they get her back on water before my cruise. 

38 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

Per her cruise director’s Facebook account, she is back in the water and having her lifeboats loaded. They are floating out on Saturday morning. Should be back from Spain shortly. 

Actually he said they leave for trials tomorrow (presumably because of the new propellors that were added).    I've heard everything from 9 to 10 days for the trip back across to Port Canaveral.   So as long as they're out of Spain by Monday or Tuesday coming up, she should make it back in time for the 4/6 sailing .. which I'm booked on ... so kk my fingers & toes are crossed!!!

• Like 2

I have been on Mariner twice and booked again in August. I love that ship. We are early 50's and voyager class works great for us. Good restaurants and bars. Lots of ocean views. My favorite place on any RC ship to spend the afternoon is the Viking Lounge. 

• Like 2

We were on her in July.  Actually really liked the ship.  I wasn't crazy about the production shows, but still went.  They weren't bad, just not my style.  

I think I have a link to the post-cruise video in my signature (if not, I'll add it soon).

WE have sailed her 17 times since the startup after pandemic. Our last on her were two btb on Jan9 and she was still in excellent shape before the visit to Candes  Spain. We have her again april 20th and two BTB on may 8th. Enjoy she is a great ship .  Bob & Nancy

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Anyone have any inside info if Jamie’s restaurant is still onboard or if it was changed to a Giovanni’s/Giovanni’s Table

Thanks. 

It was still Jamie's when we were on her in September, and it still shows in the app as Jamie's so unless they changed it during the current dry dock (highly doubtful) and haven't updated their systems yet, it should still be Jamie's.

3 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Last year Mariner was still Jamie’s

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

It was still Jamie's when we were on her in September, and it still shows in the app as Jamie's so unless they changed it during the current dry dock (highly doubtful) and haven't updated their systems yet, it should still be Jamie's.

I should have been more specific  as I was wondering if there was any change during the dry dock. 

thank you both for your replies. 
m

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I should have been more specific  as I was wondering if there was any change during the dry dock. 

thank you both for your replies. 
m

Doubtful. This was mostly a maritime safety/maintenance dry dock.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:46 PM, molly361 said:

I hope she is back by  April 6😇

According to Cruise Director BingBong Marc Walker, they are expected on the 5th.  Follow him on the social media of face to keep updated.

Edited by flamingos
  • Thanks 1