Elite & Tuscan Grill Question

pbrady

In the past, if you were Elite or higher you could get a continental breakfast in the Tuscan Grill & could take your Cabin mate even if they weren't Elite or higher.  I am seeing / getting conflicting info.  I asked as we waited to disembark the Eclipse a couple weeks ago & the employee there said you could not take a cabin mate in.  Yet, there are still fairly recent (Jan 2023) articles on Celebrity that say you can.  Anyone know the real answer?   

My understanding is that if the cabin mate is a spouse or  family member, there is no problem. However, if the guest is not a relative or family member, then all bets are off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Well the spouse would presumably also be Elite.  Its the non-spousal cabin mates who may or may not be allowed in for the breakfast.

For our upcoming  cruise, I will be Elite Plus and spouse will be Elite.  I was told that spouse would be entitled to all Elite Plus privileges by the Captain's Club Host on our last cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, keesar said:

For our upcoming  cruise, I will be Elite Plus and spouse will be Elite.  I was told that spouse would be entitled to all Elite Plus privileges by the Captain's Club Host on our last cruise.  

I am one cruise and all the power up points ahead of my husband. Before we cruised in Dec. I looked and his points suddenly matched mine. This is normal policy so check. We move to Elite plus together in January!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I am one cruise and all the power up points ahead of my husband. Before we cruised in Dec. I looked and his points suddenly matched mine. This is normal policy so check. We move to Elite plus together in January!

That would be nice and thank you for the tip.   One of us at the next tier is better than neither of us there. 2 bags of laundry is more than sufficient.  

21 hours ago, keesar said:

If you are Elite+ you need to contact the Captain's Club with your and your wife's CClub numbers.  They will give her the same number of points and make her Elite+.

Much better that way. Once and done 

On 3/25/2023 at 2:15 PM, pbrady said:

In the past, if you were Elite or higher you could get a continental breakfast in the Tuscan Grill & could take your Cabin mate even if they weren't Elite or higher.  I am seeing / getting conflicting info.  I asked as we waited to disembark the Eclipse a couple weeks ago & the employee there said you could not take a cabin mate in.  Yet, there are still fairly recent (Jan 2023) articles on Celebrity that say you can.  Anyone know the real answer?   

What Celebrity articles? If you are talking about CC threads/posts they don't count. The real answer can only come from the CC host for that specific cruise. The CC host will check your Seapass cards until she/he recognizes you. 

I have sometimes seen utter and complete nonsense posted on line, even here on Cruise Critic.  I don’t mean member’s posts, I mean the articles about ships and cruising.  I sometimes wonder if the staff who write them have ever been on a ship. 

As far as I understand it ,and I am open to being wrong, all guests in a the state room regardsless of relationship, marital status etc will be treated and regaurded for the cruise as the same CC status as the status of the highest level guest in that cabin . So if a Zenith brings a select guest on in the same cabin they will both be given Zenith privaliges for the duration of the cruise. Guests can also if married or partners apply to have their CC status matched. 

On 3/27/2023 at 10:48 AM, groryjm said:

As far as I understand it ,and I am open to being wrong, all guests in a the state room regardsless of relationship, marital status etc will be treated and regaurded for the cruise as the same CC status as the status of the highest level guest in that cabin . So if a Zenith brings a select guest on in the same cabin they will both be given Zenith privaliges for the duration of the cruise. Guests can also if married or partners apply to have their CC status matched. 

That should be so for social events but not for other Zenith benefits like internet and bev package

9 minutes ago, tenmile said:

I recently acquired Elite status, so forgive my ignorance about the Elite breakfast. Does every ship and itinerary offer it? Is it held in Tuscan Grill? 

Our recent Apex cruise (18 March) the CC breakfast was in the Le Grand Bistro. 

When I contacted CC I was informed that as long as the other person(s) lived in the same household their CC account numbers would be linked together for the highest number of points available.  Those points could come from sailing and PUPs.

21 minutes ago, peanut head said:

When I contacted CC I was informed that as long as the other person(s) lived in the same household their CC account numbers would be linked together for the highest number of points available.  Those points could come from sailing and PUPs.

Nothing new.  It's those that are hitchhiking off another's CC tier level for staying in the same stateroom that needs to be eliminated. IMO, unless married you are the tier level that your CC cruise points reflect. If divorced you are the tier level your cruise points reflect. 

Edited by davekathy

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

Nothing new.  It's those that are hitchhiking off another's CC tier level for staying in the same stateroom that needs to be eliminated. IMO, unless married you are the tier level that your CC cruise points reflect. If divorced you are the tier level your cruise points reflect. 

So you would exclude cohabitants and only accept married couples?   

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

No. I was going to add living together when I first posted but the edit time frame ran out. 

How could they possibly verify that? I also wonder how many "spouses" an elite member can elevate to the lofty ranks of E/E+/Z before the cruise line cuts it off.

Drawing the line with marriage is probably a bit antiquated in this age where even governments recognize common law partnerships for purposes of tax, inheritance, and other legal ramifications.

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

How could they possibly verify that? I also wonder how many "spouses" an elite member can elevate to the lofty ranks of E/E+/Z before the cruise line cuts it off.

Drawing the line with marriage is probably a bit antiquated in this age where even governments recognize common law partnerships for purposes of tax, inheritance, and other legal ramifications.

Way above my pay grade.