March 14 2024 ABC cruise on Equinox - Port change, now two days in Curacao instead of Bonaire?

Jezo

It's still listed as an ABC cruise but instead of the B it's spending two days in Curacao, an overnight and then headed back.

Does anyone know about this one?

I attached the image showing it titled as an ABC cruise but the itinerary has changed.

abc.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jezo said:

It's still listed as an ABC cruise but instead of the B it's spending two days in Curacao, an overnight and then headed back.

Does anyone know about this one?

I attached the image showing it titled as an ABC cruise but the itinerary has changed.

abc.jpg

Looks like it's a temporary thing, as Bonaire is back as a port stop on the very next trip, on March 23, 2024. Maybe Celebrity was too late in applying for access and was shut out of the limited dock space?  IIRC, space is limited there.

• Like 1

This has been discussed since January. Bonaire has a new 2023 law limiting the number if cruise guests allowed per day. Basically, it translates to just one ship. 

In Feb,  my trip on a HAL ship showed another ship in Bonaire with us on the original schedule. Later, the other ship was bumped to somewhere else (cannot now remember), but we docked. 

If there are two ships scheduled on a particular day, it seems to be the luck of the draw (from a passenger standpoint - I'm sure they have a system) which ship stays and which one gets re-directed. 

Sorry you got bumped, I know many book ABC specifically for B, as it is the nicest one. 

I see it's March 2024.  Can you change dates?  The itinerary change is a big downgrade.

If you haven't been to Bonaire, it's so worth a visit.  Great snorkeling and from these boards I hear the golf carts are lots of fun.  Aruba has excellent beaches.....Curacao - we weren't impressed. 

Frankly IMHO, C is the least of the ABCs.

30 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Not sure how reliable but on Cruise Time Tables, Bonaire has no ships listed at all for March 14th 2024 

Patty 

I believe the OP was referring to the March 14, 2024 SAILING of the Equinox, where it would have arrived a few days later on Bonaire, now sadly off the schedule. We're on the Equinox for the same route in late May this year and fortunately Bonaire still shows our arrival on June 1.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I believe the OP was referring to the March 14, 2024 SAILING of the Equinox, where it would have arrived a few days later on Bonaire, now sadly off the schedule. We're on the Equinox for the same route in late May this year and fortunately Bonaire still shows our arrival on June 1.

Ohhh I see! OOPS! 

Patty 

• Haha 1

Frankly this would be fine with me.   We loved Curaçao but Bonaire was just ok.  Bonaire we did the golf carts which was fine, but it was very obvious that unless you are a diver there aren’t a lot of options.  The beaches are small (where you can find them) and mostly rocky.  The water is pretty rough near shore.  Curaçao was the complete opposite.  Much nicer beaches and a variety of things to see and do. 

Since you have an extended time in Curaçao I HIGHLY recommend you look up Gone Caribe and take a private tour.  It's an excellent way to see the island and then you can plan to go back to your favorites the next day.  They are very experienced with ship schedules so need to worry about missing the ship.  They will meet you just outside the port and return you to the gates.  Very friendly.  Super clean cars.  Very knowledgeable.  Worth every penny and then some!

• Like 1

I’m sorry you lost Bonaire as it is an awesome diving and snorkeling destination.

We liked Curaçao however. Snorkeling and diving is good (better than Aruba, not as good as Bonaire) and the island is more commercially developed with more things to do than Bonaire.

I know the Dutch crew on Reflection (the last time we went to the ABC islands in 2019) liked Curaçao the best because it was the most Dutch. Aruba was too American and Bonaire was too boring. 

• Like 1

Similar thing happened to the Feb. 15th, 2024  Equinox cruise except it's two days in Aruba instead of Bonaire.

I just checked and it is also still called a "9 night Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao cruise".

I feel badly for the private tour operators.

Edited by chamima

Reflection on Feb 3, 2024, has apparently reversed the days in Bonaire and Curacao. Woodwind notified us they show Reflection on Feb 8 from 7 to 4, but Celeb still shows Feb 7th from 8 to 8. I checked BonaireInfo and Cruisemapper and both show Feb 8. Apparently conflicted with Rhapsody of the Seas on Feb 7.

The shorter time means we won't be doing the Woodwind after all b/c we have a couple other things we want to do.

Sorry you will miss BONAIRE.. a natural wonder and  much less commercial than other islands.

Curacao..eh   Been there, done that many times...one day would be more than enough for us, but hoping OP finds some nice things to do..

Disappointing when itins change but we all have to go with the flow.