HAL ground transportation from Trieste to Venice Marco Polo Airport

beenthereonce

Hello there, our Greek islands cruise on the Oosterdam, docks at 07:00 on Sept 2nd in Trieste, I have been trying to find out what time the bus ground transportation to Venice airport leaves the Trieste Cruise port. My flight leaves at 12:40PM

HAL cannot give a time the ground transportation leaves the port, only it will take approx. 2 hours, they suggest flights after 1:00 PM

Has anybody used this service and advise what time it traditionally departs the port?

Many Thanks

I do not know for this coming summer.  However, last summer we used the HAL transfers from Trieste to VCE.  Our bus left Trieste at 6:51AM and we got to VCE at 8:40AM.  We were also booked on a 12:40PM flight on Air France.  We were kind of irked that AF didn't allow us to check-in until 2 hours before our flight, so we had to just stand around in the check-in area and could not go to the business class lounge until much later in the morning.

We were in Trieste last year (not on a cruise) - the ships park right in the middle of town - you are literally 5 min flat walk from the train station. There are very regular trains to the airport - every 30 min or so from memory). You buy tickets in the machines at the station and get on the next train. 

2 hours ago, lissie said:

There are very regular trains to the airport -

Yes, to Trieste Airport.  For VCE Venice Marco Polo, it is necessary to take a train to Venice Mestre and then transfer to bus or taxi.  There is no direct train service to VCE airport.

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes, to Trieste Airport.  For VCE Venice Marco Polo, it is necessary to take a train to Venice Mestre and then transfer to bus or taxi.  There is no direct train service to VCE airport.

Nope to VCE Venice Marco Polo is a stop on the way to Venice - we were going to Venice but I noted  how close the airport was to the train. 

7 hours ago, beenthereonce said:

Hello there, our Greek islands cruise on the Oosterdam, docks at 07:00 on Sept 2nd in Trieste, I have been trying to find out what time the bus ground transportation to Venice airport leaves the Trieste Cruise port. My flight leaves at 12:40PM

HAL cannot give a time the ground transportation leaves the port, only it will take approx. 2 hours, they suggest flights after 1:00 PM

Has anybody used this service and advise what time it traditionally departs the port?

Many Thanks

We did the Greek cruise last year from Trieste on the Oosterdam and we used a private transfer for our group of 4. No way we wanted to spend 2 hours in a crowded bus with 30 or more strangers.

7 hours ago, lissie said:

Nope to VCE Venice Marco Polo is a stop on the way to Venice - we were going to Venice but I noted  how close the airport was to the train. 

There is no train station at Venice Marco Polo airport.  The airport may be close to the train but the stations are located at Venice Mestre (10 kms) or Venice Santa Lucia (14 kms). https://www.veneziaairport.it/en/transport/train.html

7 hours ago, lissie said:

Marco Polo has never been a stop on the Trieste - Venice line. 

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We did the Greek cruise last year from Trieste on the Oosterdam and we used a private transfer for our group of 4. No way we wanted to spend 2 hours in a crowded bus with 30 or more strangers.

We used the HAL transfer & got to the airport in time. You just spent two weeks on the ship with these strangers, why would you not ride on a bus with them.

Hi There just a small update to my post. As Canadians, HAL converts currency to CAD, the cost for 3 people on HAL bus ground transportation is $386.10 CAD .

After googling private companies prices and reviews, private transportation for 3 is $489.00 CAD, with arrivals meet. We will go this route.

Thanks to all for your information and points of view.

Cheers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iaae22 said:

Hello - for those who is doing private transfers please share what company you are using.

Thanks!

This is who we used last year and he was awesome. He also can do a private tour in Venice area if you want.

Venice Private Cars, Van & Transfers | GoWithGuide

Edited by terrydtx