The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 1st, 2023

10 minutes ago, ktbraun said:

Happy Saturday, it's dreary here today.  Had flurries this morning and bad thunderstorms last night.  There were some tornado warnings not too far away, but we were good.  Sad to see all of the very bad weather these last few days and weeks.  I have cousins in the mountains in CA, and the snow there has been terrible.  

@Crazy For CatsHappy Birthday to Amelia!  I've been reading Amelia Bedilia books with my little reading buddy friends, is that where she got her name?  That Amelia is a hoot!  

Cheers to all celebrating, and prayers for all who need them.  We're off to see the play our school kids are doing this evening.  They always do a very good job!  K.

Both Amelia’s and River’s names came from Dr Who characters.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

A friend had posted this on her FB page and initially I thought it hysterically funny, but then reality set in . . . . .   what on earth would you do???

May be an illustration of text that says 'Imagine you're traveling and opening your passport at the airport and boom!!!....Qr boom!!!....'

About all you could do is look at the representative and hope that they have children, then you may have a chance if they also still have a sense of humor.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon.  Our mostly sunny skies are now cloudy, but with the breeze and 72F it's not bad outside.  I'll head out for my walk in a few minutes.

6 hours ago, GTVCRUISER said:

Happy Saturday 🙂 cruising to Mexico tomorrow🙂

caboarchbigboat10-16.JPG

Bon Voyage, tomorrow!

BonVoyage.png.c5a161108a260ad8553934643afa011e.png

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

Hopefully no one is getting pranked today. I tried to learn tatting years ago, but gave up. Not an atheist. I'm retired, but used to have some fun times at work. Interesting quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and wine (above my budget).

I haven't been to Hammerfest.

We had hard rain, lightning and high winds last night. Now that has passed, and it's sunny, but the weather people say that's not good as it will fuel the storms this afternoon, again with very high winds. I had a bad night. I felt like my heart was beating fast. I also had GI upset, and had to get up several times. And I was concerned about that area on my leg, as it seemed to be bulging as well as the skin discoloration. So, I got up and out to an Urgent Care this morning, between storms. The PA thought it might be a hematoma, and suggested heat applications, taking it easy, and an ultrasound on Monday. I can't imagine this came from my injection on Wednesday, but I guess it's possible. 

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up today in @richwmn Rich's absence. I hope your new gutters work well and prevent any leaks. Great Hammerfest photos.

@Crazy For Cats Happy 4th Birthday to Amelia! She's very pretty.

@aliaschief Thanks for the memes.

@cat shepard Thank you for the wine info. Your social life is quite busy today!

@rafinmd Two desserts? 🙂

@Vict0riann Enjoy HMC tomorrow.

@dfish Those recipes look good.

@smitty34877 Prayers that DH doesn't have to go through much for the aorta problem. Continued prayers for Tana.

@ottahand7 Hugs to you as you reflect on this date.

@marshhawk Quite the menagerie at your house with all those critters. 

@ger_77 So wonderful of you to do that for the Ukrainian couple.

@superoma I'm glad DD and DSIL got home safely.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you had a rough night last night, and hope you feel better now.  I hope the heat and taking it easy helps with the hemotoma.

5 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

I wish this was an April Fool's joke!

We got about 8 inches of wet heavy snow last night - 

20230401_101953.thumb.jpg.fd441cf18e155f8940aa89531a609ddb.jpg

20230401_102150.thumb.jpg.7f52138ce5bf901142d694dd0375c39e.jpg

Hopefully, everything will be clear for our 7:30 AM flight to FLL on Monday for our cruise! 

Fred, I hope you are able to get to FLL on Monday.  As I've said before, the snow is beautiful -- from a distance of many miles.  😉

5 hours ago, luvteaching said:

rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit, 

Good morning everyone, 

It's a cloudy day here but no rain at the moment. April is a busy month. Easter Sunday is our 46th wedding anniversary (same as @ger_77) and my 70th birthday. Why do I know we'll be celebrating in a hospital room? 

DH continues to slowly improve. Yesterday they got the feeding tube in and the MRI taken care of. The MRI showed nothing new and didn't show what the infectious disease doctor was looking for so that's good news. We still don't know why he keeps getting these UTI's and the different bacteria though. Yesterday he was alert, waving at people, clenched my hand, gave me the ok sign, and was vocalizing a lot but not many actual words. He was also quite restless in the bed and trying to get his legs over the edge so I'm going to ask about PT today. He's not ready for much at all but he could be ready to sit on the edge of the bed with assistance. Any little thing is good! 

I have a baby shower to stop by to this evening and the hospital today so I'll get busy this morning. 

Karen

Karen, it's good to know your DH is improving everyday.

4 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

It is wicked reading of all the storms everywhere. It is not our time yet.

Havent been to todays port but it is on my list.  I had fun at work but am now retired. 

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes for my son.  He was amazed. The golf outing turned out great. We all had a really good time. 

I got some rather crummy news yesterday. I have been having a few issues and went to my Doctor on Wednesday. She did some tests and called me yesterday to tell me I need surgery.  So I will be running around the next few weeks doing additional testing before the surgery on 5/3.  Dont put me on the care list because I will be fine and there are others that have worse problems than me.

Going to go sit on the beach and watch the ships leave.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, I'm sorry you will have to have surgery.  Sending positive thoughts for an easy procedure and a quick recovery.

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!   Need all the luck I can get!  

What wonderful luck @ger_77 for that new couple.   We have also a large Ukrainian population and a lot of new immigrants some sponsored by our church.  A heartwarming story is when a young child saw some blue and yellow construction paper at Michael’s, he yelled Ukraine! 

@JazzyV yikes on the possible hematoma.  Hope it disappears quickly, although they can take quite sometime to reabsorb.  Last time I needed a biopsy they hit a blood vessel which caused a rather large hematoma, which is why I am rather nervous about this week. 

Alberta has the worlds largest Ukrainian Easter egg

image.jpeg.04e02ada114804191bbb1297c88275f1.jpeg

Brenda, thanks for the picture.  The Ukrainian Easter eggs are incredible.

27 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. This is my first time in years not saying it to a cat.

My mother knew how to tat, but didn't enjoy it. Atheists are OK but atheist missionaries are just like any other missionaries. I think that fun at work is against the rules.

I'm actually having tacos for dinner, but the filling will be vegan and there isn't any avocado. "Bourbon Renewal" sounded to me like a band, and a search reveals that the drink is named for one. I would probably like the drink and would make one now if I had any bourbon. I don't know the wine.

I added the last of the ratatouille to last night's dinner as a starter, and opened a bottle of Gewürztraminer from Alsace to go with the fish. There's also some Lindeman Shiraz from Australia, a loyalty benefit on NCL, remaining that will probably go better with the tacos.

My doctor changed my blood-pressure medication at the last visit and I don't think it's working well enough, as my blood pressure is higher with it, not lower. I'll check it again tomorrow and Monday and then let him know.

dogliness.jpg.26fa181b07f97477cd2a207b2e2abf96.jpg

Paul, I hope the doctor can adjust the BP medicine.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, travelnap said:

About all you could do is look at the representative and hope that they have children, then you may have a chance if they also still have a sense of humor.

My friend said she's take out a marker and do her best to make herself look like the photo!  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sharon, getting the new key has been different over the years.  In the past, they would send the key with the letter about disembarkation day and changing cabins.  In 2021 on Koningsdam, we waited in our cabin for them to come get our things.  After we moved, we needed to go to Guest Services and pick up the knew key cards.  This may have been because they were short staffed.  Also, we had to ask a few times when they were going to move us, since cleaning the cabins seemed to take priority.  

If you want to do ashore that day, double check that they will move your things while you are off the ship.  

Since things seem to be more normal now, the process could have changed, and also different ships can handle moves differently.

Lenda

Thank you for the info. I will try just go with the flow and not worry too much. I’m not planning anything that day since Craig will be joining the ship that day. 

BTW, I got my cabin assignment today so Jane @lazey1, you should be getting yours soon. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Fred, I hope you are able to get to FLL on Monday.  As I've said before, the snow is beautiful -- from a distance of many miles.  😉

We should be fine, things are melting already

• Like 8