Personal Cornhole game boards on board???

mnobbe

Has anyone taken cornhole boards as a carry on? We are thinking about it since there is a group of 30 of us going but is it allowed? It will be a pain to get on and off ship but wanted to see if it is allowed.

going on MSC Mervaviglia

Edited by mnobbe

• mnobbe changed the title to Personal Cornhole game boards on board???

Some thoughts:  1) a "regular" sized cornhole would likely not fit through the Xray scanner so carrying on would be a "no" and 2) I'm not really sure where you think you'd be allowed to set it up to play as you'd be taking up space and blocking something (or moving furniture) and 3) um, it's April 2nd so this can't be an April Fool's Joke and 4) might I suggest moving over to Carnival?  (Kidding, not kidding.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, mnobbe said:

Has anyone taken or seen someone take cornhole boards onto the ship? Not sure if it is allowed but the group of us would sure love it. Any suggestions?

I have seen ship supplied Cornhole on some cruise lines, can’t remember which though.

Sort of reminds me of the guy asking about taking a grill on some post a long time ago!!

Every Carnival ship has cornhole boards, usually set up by the pool.  Not sure if cornhole is a traditional activity in Europe, but you might ask onboard if they have it…agree that finding a place to set it up might be a problem.  EM

10 hours ago, mnobbe said:

Has anyone taken cornhole boards as a carry on? We are thinking about it since there is a group of 30 of us going but is it allowed? It will be a pain to get on and off ship but wanted to see if it is allowed.

going on MSC Mervaviglia

For me, a bigger issue would be a group of 30 passengers taking over a public area with a private cornhole game. 😉 

• Like 5

My initial thought was, NO WAY.  I was thinking of the huge, heavy wooden set we have.  But then I thought, "I have seen portable sets", and I looked on Amazon.  You can get portable cornhole sets.  

If you're going to do this, I'd suggest finding an empty space towards the front of the ship ... often the areas beyond Johnny Rockets are pretty empty.  

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

My initial thought was, NO WAY.  I was thinking of the huge, heavy wooden set we have.  But then I thought, "I have seen portable sets", and I looked on Amazon.  You can get portable cornhole sets.  

If you're going to do this, I'd suggest finding an empty space towards the front of the ship ... often the areas beyond Johnny Rockets are pretty empty.  

Unfortunately there is no Johnny Rockets on MSC Meraviglia.  And the forward areas above the regular cabins are Yacht Club territory.  The OP has also posted on the MSC board.  EM

5 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Even "portable " boards, flying with them? Really?

15 hours ago, mnobbe said:

going on MSC Mervaviglia

I mean this with all due respect.  Do yourself a favor and don't lug them with you.  There's plenty of activities on board....possibly even cornhole...to keep y'all occupied.  

I don’t recall seeing Cornhole. Every shop we have been on thus far do have shuffleboard. We enjoy that game and always play a few time on a cruise. I’ve never been on MSC so don’t know what they have to offer.