Crocs and Tevas in the hot tub---GROSS

Coolcruise02

I'm not sure where the people are from that think it is acceptable to wear Crocs and Tevas in the hot tub but it is gross. And, they also walked through pool water with their shoes on to get in the hot tubs. On the Koningsdam there is 4-5 inches of water you have to walk through to get into the hot tubs. Am I out of touch? Is this acceptable in some countries? Yuck!

PS..I am not talking about water shoes. The folks I saw that wore those put them on at the pool. They hadn't walked all over the ship with them on.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lissie said:

Why? I get wear shoes to the pool as the deck can get very, very hot - but in the pool is just stupid - and that includes watershoes 

Watershoes are not stupid if you are a diabetic. Not stupid at all. 

• Like 6

Good reasoning why some people wear watershoes. 
But Teva’s or crocs??? Indeed a good question, why?

probably my mouth would be quicker than my brain, and I would say something….😊

Edited by Greebo
Typo

9 hours ago, Coolcruise02 said:

I'm not sure where the people are from that think it is acceptable to wear Crocs and Tevas in the hot tub but it is gross. And, they also walked through pool water with their shoes on to get in the hot tubs. On the Koningsdam there is 4-5 inches of water you have to walk through to get into the hot tubs. Am I out of touch? Is this acceptable in some countries? Yuck!

PS..I am not talking about water shoes. The folks I saw that wore those put them on at the pool. They hadn't walked all over the ship with them on.

That is not the grossest thing in that hot tub by a long shot. Enjoy

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Laminator said:

Watershoes are not stupid if you are a diabetic. Not stupid at all. 

I don't get it - my partner is diabetic - he wears water shoes at the beach and is conservative to ensure he doesn't end up with injuries - but  in a pool on a ship - nope - never

1 hour ago, lissie said:

I don't get it - my partner is diabetic - he wears water shoes at the beach and is conservative to ensure he doesn't end up with injuries - but  in a pool on a ship - nope - never

I'm curious as well.  Don't think I've ever seen anybody wear shoes in a pool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lissie said:

I got off the NS Feb 18th and am still nursing a small scrape on my foot that came from the backend of a small earring that was in the Seaview Pool. My DR was all over me. It was one of the first things she discussed at length with me when I was diagnosed. Never go barefoot. Did I listen? Hell no. I will listen now. I am just glad it wasn't worse. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coolcruise02 said:

Actually, I don't use the hot tub but I do swim and they were walking through pool water to get in the hot tubs.

I’m not sure what you are trying to say here. The last time I checked the pools don’t have a foot washing station. If they did I would imagine they would be as utilized as the showers. If dirty shoes gross you out I would suggest you just stay out of the water. Honestly your disdain for such a small thing is perplexing to me. It is a cruise. Enjoy yourself

• Like 3

You mentioned the shoes that worn were not used to walk around in.  I really don't see a problem if they are clean.  Maybe the person felt safer walking with something that had some grip to it. Personally, I get the ick feeling from people not showering off if asked.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Honestly your disdain for such a small thing is perplexing to me.

Me too.  But judging by the number of posts piling on about how ridiculously disgusting this behavior is, I think you and I must be the outliers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

You mentioned the shoes that worn were not used to walk around in.  I really don't see a problem if they are clean.  Maybe the person felt safer walking with something that had some grip to it. Personally, I get the ick feeling from people not showering off if asked.

Yes, I said the watershoes that people put on at the pool were NOT a problem. It's the people that get into the pool or hot tubs in crocs/shoes that are worn all over the ship. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Denversail said:

I’m not sure what you are trying to say here. The last time I checked the pools don’t have a foot washing station. If they did I would imagine they would be as utilized as the showers. If dirty shoes gross you out I would suggest you just stay out of the water. Honestly your disdain for such a small thing is perplexing to me. It is a cruise. Enjoy yourself

I'm sorry this is perplexing to you but to me it is just plain gross to wear shoes into the pool or hot tubs! Most people have flip flops on their feet and leave them at the step before entering the pool or hot tub. They have not gone barefoot around the ship and then jump into the pool.

• Like 1

What is the theoretical item/contaminant/whatever that people are afraid will be tracked from a flip-flop "worn all over the ship" into the hot tub, and what will be the ultimate impact of said item getting into the temperature- and chemical-controlled water?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, iceman93 said:

What is the theoretical item/contaminant/whatever that people are afraid will be tracked from a flip-flop "worn all over the ship" into the hot tub, and what will be the ultimate impact of said item getting into the temperature- and chemical-controlled water?

I mean, the birds never poop in those pools...never! And people never pee in them either. Nope.....

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:35 AM, PACD_JG said:

I'm curious as well.  Don't think I've ever seen anybody wear shoes in a pool.

People wear water shoes in a pool for exercise. Water walking, barefoot, for 30 minutes will likely irritate and cause calluses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, iceman93 said:

Me too.  But judging by the number of posts piling on about how ridiculously disgusting this behavior is, I think you and I must be the outliers.

I'm with you, too. Crocs and some Tevas are waterproof and meant to wear in dry and wet conditions. They are washable and dry quickly. Why are they different from water shoes? Or bare feet, for that matter. Would it be bothersome if someone walked through the pool barefoot and then entered the hot tub?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marelaine said:

I'm with you, too. Crocs and some Tevas are waterproof and meant to wear in dry and wet conditions. They are washable and dry quickly. Why are they different from water shoes? Or bare feet, for that matter. Would it be bothersome if someone walked through the pool barefoot and then entered the hot tub?

Although I think Crocs are clunky (I have narrow feet) for walking, especially in water, the fact that they're solid plastic means they don't absorb water or dirt. My water shoes get wet and stay wet for a while, so they would probably be more of a source of dirt or whatever I had stepped in. I rarely use the hot tubs, but I do use the spa pool, barefoot. I wear my flipflops everywhere in the thermal suite.. I take them off just before I walk into the pool and set them aside until I get out. 

• Like 1