The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 3rd, 2023

Good afternoon from a rainy day in WI.  Happy Opening Day for our Brewers!  Today is like a national holiday here.  The parking lots didn't open till 10 AM, but cars were lined up at 3 AM to get their special tailgate party spots!  And, they won!  

I'll skip the meal today, and we haven't been to Boston.  Would like to do a Boston to Canada cruise though.  The porcupine meatballs sound good!  I also need "easy!"  

@ger_77What a heartwarming story about your family from Ukraine.  Prayers that all goes well for them and everyone else struggling there.  

Now, DH is excited for the NCAA championship game tonight.  

Have a good rest of your day!  K

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Made it aboard about 1:45. We are pretty beat! Got up at 3:20 am! Trip was fine, no problems encountered. Resting up for dinner in the Pinnacle with Ann, Pat, Martha, and Tony. Might sleep in tomorrow!

Have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to mention: the Zoom meeting yesterday had a change of speaker and was not as tedious as I had feared it would be.

My doctor's appointment was a different story. A nurse took me into the examining room approximately on time but it was another 50 minutes before the doctor was ready. However, he said that the condition I was seeing him for is no longer a concern and that no follow-up is required.

blinking.thumb.jpg.e4635541b893d3c8cc9240a4ba559401.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 3

We weren't able to watch this afternoon's first game for FC Dallas but got info from DS.  At halftime it was 2-0 Dallas.  Then they allowed Ren to go in and he did well, scoring goal 3.  The sidelines were very impressed with his speed!  The game ended 4-0 Dallas.  I'm glad the team has been so accepting of this latest recruit.  Hoping the next game goes their way too.  It was hot there today - 90F.  Tomorrow should be somewhat cooler - 84 predicted.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Since I don’t contribute photos very often here is one I took from my office this afternoon.  You can see the Custom House, the Old North Church and the USS Constitution (Old Ironsides) in the distance.  0866CB6D-BF1C-46AC-A691-AF4F757A127F.thumb.jpeg.10d7ecc30ad3c7e728a9d11446ca3dc5.jpeg

So happy you shared your photo of the big city of Boston!  Our July cruise sails from, and returns to, your city.  Looking forward to it!

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

At halftime it was 2-0 Dallas.  Then they allowed Ren to go in and he did well, scoring goal 3.  The sidelines were very impressed with his speed!  The game ended 4-0 Dallas.  I'm glad the team has been so accepting of this latest recruit.

That’s wonderful and very exciting! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Late to the party!  @ger_77 I have tears, we have so much, bless you.  And bless that little girl who has so little yet wanted to thank you! Truly special!

@dfish that cod looks great!  Glad you got your flights straightened out! 
@Cruising-along I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister, not sure how I missed this!  Hugs!  

A65A74D5-51DC-4ADF-83AB-3BBDC6FE3721.jpeg

2AB34408-7DE1-47E4-A93F-EF09D9F99AFA.jpeg

E9EAF424-88B3-4DED-92D5-5A1FC0AC1E5C.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

@ger_77I started crying when reading about the gift you received.  Not only the gesture, but for her to give you something that was from home, her old home just tore my heart!  You are a wonderful person for reaching out to the unknown person, and changing so many lives with one action.

Well you all know that I dont really use recipes.  I use taste buds and imagination and draw on what I have eaten, and what looks good.  One thing I do is buy corn bread...I know, it's in a box, you add milk, oil  and an egg-the extent of my baking, but I throw in a cup of blueberries, and cut down a little on the milk.  Yummy!  Great for breakfast.  And now that jiffy mix makes honey cornbread, my baking skills are set for life.  However @dfish has turned me into a roasted veggie fiend!  

DH's appointment was a repeat of six months ago, he did remind DH about seeing a pain doctor, and Dh didn't make a follow up appointment with them, and he cant remember who that doc was, so when we meet with the oncologist we will regroup and create a new circle of options for his pain.  The upper part of the right side of his jaw in his mouth hurts all the time, and because they wanted all the teeth pulled before they started the proton radiation, they are not sure if the pain is from the teeth being pulled causing scarring or  the radiation.  Thing is, as I pointed out to him this evening, is that the pain seem to mysteriously disappear when he is at the beach, or on a ship.  But because he cant think of anything to do other than complain at home, the more he complains the more it hurts, and oddly he thought about this and agreed, how true he said.  Wow.  So, it's obviously time for that cruise.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Darn it!  Try as I might I can't find DM's porcupine meatball recipe.  I even went through her recipe box one by one thinking it had been misfiled.  She had a crazy system.  But no, it wasn't there.  Sorry everyone.  I'm going to ask her about it on Sunday when we go to lunch for Easter at her retirement center and see if she remembers.  She'll just probably say it was meat and rice mixed together, formed into balls, and cooked with a tomato sauce.  We had it frequently and I vividly remember seeing the rice poke out from the meatballs like a porcupine!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@ger_77I started crying when reading about the gift you received.  Not only the gesture, but for her to give you something that was from home, her old home just tore my heart!  You are a wonderful person for reaching out to the unknown person, and changing so many lives with one action.

Well you all know that I dont really use recipes.  I use taste buds and imagination and draw on what I have eaten, and what looks good.  One thing I do is buy corn bread...I know, it's in a box, you add milk, oil  and an egg-the extent of my baking, but I throw in a cup of blueberries, and cut down a little on the milk.  Yummy!  Great for breakfast.  And now that jiffy mix makes honey cornbread, my baking skills are set for life.  However @dfish has turned me into a roasted veggie fiend!  

DH's appointment was a repeat of six months ago, he did remind DH about seeing a pain doctor, and Dh didn't make a follow up appointment with them, and he cant remember who that doc was, so when we meet with the oncologist we will regroup and create a new circle of options for his pain.  The upper part of the right side of his jaw in his mouth hurts all the time, and because they wanted all the teeth pulled before they started the proton radiation, they are not sure if the pain is from the teeth being pulled causing scarring or  the radiation.  Thing is, as I pointed out to him this evening, is that the pain seem to mysteriously disappear when he is at the beach, or on a ship.  But because he cant think of anything to do other than complain at home, the more he complains the more it hurts, and oddly he thought about this and agreed, how true he said.  Wow.  So, it's obviously time for that cruise.

Sound like the Mind-Body Connection!  I do hope you and DH can find a path to alleviate the pain, and lift the spirits. I have benefited from Dr John Sarno’s Mind-Body Connection book, and given away several copies to friends. I did other things too because, for me, healing had to take place on multiple levels, so no magic pill or exercise but a combination of approaches. Your mileage may vary. m—

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Aw, thank you Brenda.  But it wasn't recently, she passed 13 years ago.  But I do appreciate your thoughts!

It doesn’t really matter how long,  it can still hit us years later. Hugs! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 2:56 PM, StLouisCruisers said:

Jane, I have another recipe for porcupine meatballs that was taken from a 1969 General Mills publication called "Betty Crocker's Ways With Hamburger".   

Thank you very much!

Jane

• Like 1