One passenger platinum; the other elite classification

jamesbauer

We are soon to embark on a Princess cruise on which my wife is platinum class (one cruise shy of elite) and I am elite class (first cruise after reaching elite).

Assuming that the free laundry perk will still be available next month, does anyone know if my wife will also get free laundry service?

Thank you.

• Haha 1

Just make sure the elite name is on the paper that goes out. I have had to go down and have the charges remove from my fiancé's account because she had put her name on the laundry bags instead of mine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

Just make sure the elite name is on the paper that goes out. I have had to go down and have the charges remove from my fiancé's account because she had put her name on the laundry bags instead of mine.

Yes be sure and use the elite name on the bag

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Technically:  She will reach Elite AFTER this cruise.  You are "entitled" to free laundry, she is not.  

That is like saying the person who is not

elite cannot drink from the mini bar

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, memoak said:

That is like saying the person who is not

elite cannot drink from the mini bar

There is a huge difference between laundry and mini-bar.  I am not going to get involved with this argument.  I was simply stating the rules.

I just returned from a 9 day + 3 days on land with my cabin mate who is not Elite.  I didn't not share my perk.  She used the laundry room.  

There are many who skirt the boundaries.  Everyone has to live by their beliefs.  I am not judging.  OP asked a question.  I merely stated my interpretation of the policy.

Watch your onboard folio carefully too.  I had my name on the laundry bag.  It was charged to my cabin mate.  I had to ask them (politely) to apply the charges/credit to my folio.  She did not have any clothing articles in the bag.  Second send out was accurately charged.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jamesbauer said:

We are soon to embark on a Princess cruise on which my wife is platinum class (one cruise shy of elite) and I am elite class (first cruise after reaching elite).

Assuming that the free laundry perk will still be available next month, does anyone know if my wife will also get free laundry service?

Thank you.

It's obvious that you now know what to do. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There is a huge difference between laundry and mini-bar.  I am not going to get involved with this argument.  I was simply stating the rules.

I just returned from a 9 day + 3 days on land with my cabin mate who is not Elite.  I didn't not share my perk.  She used the laundry room.  

There are many who skirt the boundaries.  Everyone has to live by their beliefs.  I am not judging.  OP asked a question.  I merely stated my interpretation of the policy.

Watch your onboard folio carefully too.  I had my name on the laundry bag.  It was charged to my cabin mate.  I had to ask them (politely) to apply the charges/credit to my folio.  She did not have any clothing articles in the bag.  Second send out was accurately charged.

I guess if you have kids who are not elite you make them wash their own clothes ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I guess if you have kids who are not elite you make them wash their own clothes ?

Now you are getting very personal.  NO...I do not travel with kids.  YES...my daughters learned to do their own laundry when they became adults.  You can do whatever your little heart tells you to do.  I was just answering a simple question with a simple policy answer.  

Please save us both some time on CC...you needn't reply/quote me again.  Thank you.

• Like 3

JamesBauer,

Let's hope the laundry perk is still available.  Fingers crossed for you.  Princess has been taking away a lot of the perks that made being Elite precious.  I wonder if we still get the blue bags.  Just a tip, make sure that you include very clear and precise instructions with your bag.  I made the mistake travelling with one of my sons (Hawaii 15 days) not to tell the steward to avoid using FABRIC SOFTNER on my guy's workout tops and my son was not happy with the result.   Lesson learned. Now I am very clear with my instructions.  

On 4/4/2023 at 2:47 PM, fpsphil said:

I reached elite before my husband, but I put our clothes in a bag with my name and never had a problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pink845 said:

JamesBauer,

Let's hope the laundry perk is still available.  Fingers crossed for you.  Princess has been taking away a lot of the perks that made being Elite precious.  I wonder if we still get the blue bags.  Just a tip, make sure that you include very clear and precise instructions with your bag.  I made the mistake travelling with one of my sons (Hawaii 15 days) not to tell the steward to avoid using FABRIC SOFTNER on my guy's workout tops and my son was not happy with the result.   Lesson learned. Now I am very clear with my instructions.  

Yes, the laundry perk is still available for Elites as is the minibar setup. We also got a blue bag on our recent Grand cruise.

• Like 1

I've been elite for a couple of years, while none of my travelmates are.  

We put our combined laundry in bags and I don't think a thing of it.  Never been asked not to, never even been questioned.  

Heck, I've even gone and gotten free tokens and used them for stuff I didn't potentially want to shrink. 

I don't feel bad about utilizing this perk for both of us.   

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, justafem said:

I don't feel bad about utilizing this perk for both of us.   

I'm sure their intent wasn't to let your cabinmates also have free laundry but there's really no way to control the situation. They could even send in laundry from other cabins if they so chose to. 

Edited by MissP22

36 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'm sure their intent wasn't to let your cabinmates also have free laundry but there's really no way to control the situation. They could even send in laundry from other cabins if they so chose to. 

Thanks for the public chastising.  Always nice to know there are people who disagree with another's opinion.  

4 minutes ago, justafem said:

Thanks for the public chastising.  Always nice to know there are people who disagree with another's opinion.  

I wasn't chastising you by any means but simply pointing out that many people do send in laundry for their cabin mates and even friends on the ship. 

Can you get free laundry tokens if you are Elite? I’ve got one more cruise to go but I’m not sure I’ll ever use the free laundry benefit as I really prefer to do my own. For me if would be great if they offered free laundry tokens instead. Or maybe I’ll just start taking clothes that can take hot water/hot dryer that’s used by Princess with the free perk.

10 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Can you get free laundry tokens if you are Elite? I’ve got one more cruise to go but I’m not sure I’ll ever use the free laundry benefit as I really prefer to do my own. For me if would be great if they offered free laundry tokens instead. Or maybe I’ll just start taking clothes that can take hot water/hot dryer that’s used by Princess with the free perk.

I've always been given laundry tokens (while elite).  Never seen a charge for them.  I bet I have about 50 of them in the bottom of my suitcase!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, justafem said:

I've always been given laundry tokens (while elite).  Never seen a charge for them.  I bet I have about 50 of them in the bottom of my suitcase!

I guess I'll have to start asking for more of them just in case they start charging the elite's for laundry.

1 hour ago, justafem said:

Did not know this!  Where do you ask — Guest Services?