Aussie Road Signs

On a road trip from GC to Canberra these are road signs which caught my eye.

Don't be a tosser

Don't trust your Tired Self

wrong way go back (an old favourite which always makes me smile)

Enjoying the National Folk Festival in Canberra despite the wet and cold weather!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am always saddened by the number of signs along the Great Ocean Road telling people to keep left not only in English but also in other languages. Saddened because the number of signs increase over the years after more accidents and fatalities occur.

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

On a road trip from GC to Canberra these are road signs which caught my eye.

Don't be a tosser

Don't trust your Tired Self

wrong way go back (an old favourite which always makes me smile)

Enjoying the National Folk Festival in Canberra despite the wet and cold weather!! 

The third one. Lots of cars going the wrong way eh?

17 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

The third one. Lots of cars going the wrong way eh?

The dual lane divided highways confuse people entering them from a side road sometimes. We were coming back from Melbourne one year and a car came down going the wrong way in the right hand lane of the section of dual highway we were on, between Melbourne and Euroa. Luckily there wasn't much traffic at that point but it gave me a bit of a fright. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The dual lane divided highways confuse people entering them from a side road sometimes. We were coming back from Melbourne one year and a car came down going the wrong way in the right hand lane of the section of dual highway we were on, between Melbourne and Euroa. Luckily there wasn't much traffic at that point but it gave me a bit of a fright. 

What do you mean, ONE car.

There were hundreds of them.

🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

My old favourite. I spent a couple of years growing up in Branxton, and for a teenager, this sign was one of few highlights.

branxton.thumb.jpg.de0a98df952f232b1ed1dcb67f1b77cb.jpg

I remember seeing that sign.

Do you remember the Bikini Tree? I often wonder if it's still there after the highway was re-aligned.

Edited by lyndarra

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I remember seeing that sign.

Do you remember the Bikini Tree? I often wonder if it's still there after the highway was re-aligned.

I had forgotten that the bikini tree existed until you mentioned it. I believe it is still there, but hasn't been painted for decades.

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I had forgotten that the bikini tree existed until you mentioned it. I believe it is still there, but hasn't been painted for decades.

Yep still there.

12 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Our boys used to look forward to seeing it everytime we went up the New England highway on holidays to see what colour it would be each year. As you know gum trees drop their bark each year and someone would repaint it. I think it was an old scribbly gum. It can still be found on Google.

the-bikini-tree-in-nsw.jpg

6 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Our boys used to look forward to seeing it everytime we went up the New England highway on holidays to see what colour it would be each year. As you know gum trees drop their bark each year and someone would repaint it. I think it was an old scribbly gum. It can still be found on Google.

the-bikini-tree-in-nsw.jpg

I think this is a different tree but same theme. I have a photo in an album somewhere taken in the early 80s. Gut has the right tree.

20 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I think this is a different tree but same theme. I have a photo in an album somewhere taken in the early 80s. Gut has the right tree.

That would be the Warialda tree.

• Thanks 1

The interesting thing about this sign is that I took it in Central Australia and one would have had to have been driving for hours before seeing the sign. Hopefully, of course, on the correct side of the road.
image.thumb.jpeg.8067bbfc379223fe2f308c09cbef13b8.jpeg

Saw a new sign which I didn’t get.  after waiting until I saw it twice I Mentioned this to my daughter how good is a sign which you don’t get.  She replied “you’re not the target audience, mum!”  About speeding yeh yah or

Similiar!! 😀

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Saw a new sign which I didn’t get.  after waiting until I saw it twice I Mentioned this to my daughter how good is a sign which you don’t get.  She replied “you’re not the target audience, mum!”  About speeding yeh yah or

Similiar!! 😀

Yeah, nah and nah, yeah are a think now. The last one is what they mean.