Have you done Unusual Things in Hawaii

mcrcruiser

43 minutes ago, boulders said:

Do you mean unique? What might be unusual on the mainland isn't necessarily unusual in Hawaii. I lived in Hawaii for several years up until recently. What did you have in mind? 

Out of the ordinary or unique type activities

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Has any one done unusual things while visiting the islands in Hawaii ?

We just returned from Kauai last month . The door off , circle Kauai helicopter flight was unique and our favorite thing there .

image.thumb.jpeg.863c522b83346f06e5fa80553769e398.jpeg

I used to work on the Air Rescue for Miami Dade Fire Rescue and it's more fun riding and photographing in the chopper than working on it . I was very comfortable hanging out of the chopper as we banked a steep turn in the Waimea Grand Canyon .

Please check out our new thread that we are currently writing about San Francisco and the port of Nawiliwili in Kauai . Hello Nancy . It's still blazing hot here in South Florida but we hope to get some much needed rain and cooler temps here the next 5 days .

The Na Pali coast as part of our 1 hour flight .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We just returned from Kauai last month . The door off , circle Kauai helicopter flight was unique and our favorite thing there .

image.thumb.jpeg.863c522b83346f06e5fa80553769e398.jpeg

I used to work on the Air Rescue for Miami Dade Fire Rescue and it's more fun riding and photographing in the chopper than working on it . I was very comfortable hanging out of the chopper as we banked a steep turn in the Waimea Grand Canyon .

Please check out our new thread that we are currently writing about San Francisco and the port of Nawiliwili in Kauai . Hello Nancy . It's still blazing hot here in South Florida but we hope to get some much needed rain and cooler temps here the next 5 days .

The Na Pali coast as part of our 1 hour flight .

The helicopter ride is  awesome  . Now that is unique

4 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Define "unusual".

We've done Geo-caching.  

My mom and her husband geo-cache. They travel to a lot of the events. They have been into it for years. Such a great hobby especially for retired folks.

I can speak to Maui. Have you considered volunteer tourism? I just helped to plant 800 Koa trees in an abandoned pineapple field as part of a a water shed restoration project. There are also beach clean-up dates that happen frequently. I lead a beach clean up here in Kapalua last month. It's a great way to make a positive contribution to the islands.

If you are interested in more typical tourist things, I also highly recommend a Helicopter. Either of Molokai (from Maui), NaPalii,, (from Kauai), or a volcano on the big island. Check out trip advisor for activities that maybe atypical.