Signing In to Celebrity Website

NJ Gal

Over the last few weeks, I have had trouble signing in.  Every time, it says my email or password is incorrect.  I know that both are correct. I even have the password written down so I know that it is the right one.  I change my password and then it happens again.  Anyone else having this probem?  I am not sure which department to call to address this issue?? 

Evelyn

17 minutes ago, NJ Gal said:

Over the last few weeks, I have had trouble signing in.  Every time, it says my email or password is incorrect.  I know that both are correct. I even have the password written down so I know that it is the right one.  I change my password and then it happens again.  Anyone else having this probem?  I am not sure which department to call to address this issue?? 

Evelyn

Maybe try clearing the Celebrity "cookies" on your browser.

In the not-so-recent past, I was having issues with logging into the Celebrity website and found that switching web browsers solved my problem.  Sometime later the problem mysteriously disappeared and I then switched back.

Haven't experienced a incorrect password issue yet did have some issues where you click login, it appears you're logged in but you really aren't.  Clearing cookies solved the problem, google how to clear them with the name of the browser you're using to see how

2 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

Evelyn

By posting here on CC you've reached it. 😉

• Like 2

Actually, I am having the same problem with the Royal Caribbean site.  I do clear all cookies regularly and did it again yesterday.  I still had the same problem.  I will try another browser.

• Celebrity Website Assistance       1-800-722-5941
  • Website Assistance Email Address:      cec@celebrity.com

I've had the same problem a couple months ago.   The solution as suggested was to clear your cache and cookies.  

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:
  • Celebrity Website Assistance       1-800-722-5941
  • Website Assistance Email Address:      cec@celebrity.com

I've had the same problem a couple months ago.   The solution as suggested was to clear your cache and cookies.  

Exactly what a lot have suggested here on CC. 

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No, the OP was looking for a number to call at Celebrity, as I read it.

davekathy's post is similar to the suggestion I occasionally make that Celebrity Cruises phone reps should be researching Cruise Critic to answer any questions they receive.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

Actually, I am having the same problem with the Royal Caribbean site.  I do clear all cookies regularly and did it again yesterday.  I still had the same problem.  I will try another browser.

Do you have matching usernames and passwords for both sites? A few years ago I had the same problem. I was using the same email as my username on both sites and finally gave both sites matching passwords and it resolved the issue.

I think there is only one password shared by both RCI and Celebrity. If you change the password at one brand's site, you need to use that password at the other. This is not intuitive, especially when following generally accepted security advice to never use the same password across sites.

20 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

Make sure after clearing cookies you immediately close your browser and then restart your computer (or phone). Then open your browser to see if you can log in. The restarting of the computer dumps the cache that might be retaining information about any websites you have been in, and sometimes the cookies get reinstalled.

I also use CCleaner on my PC, a free program that I run every time I close my desktop browser. It clears everything from your browsing session that your browser leaves open. Make sure if you get it that you understand the settings--I don't ever let it or anything else do registry cleaning!

Edited by mayleeman