Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.   Iain is the Scotch version of Ian.    

I can tell you, I always know when a telephone solicitor calls.   Three vowels in a row leave them tongue tied. 

Now, I'll have to go back and look to see what he had on.   LOL

How's this for vowels in a row Ruairidh. Our son's name.  I'm sure Iain can pronounce it! BTW and being cheeky 😜 Scotch comes out of a bottle, the people and language are Scots/Scottish.

So looking forward to following your wonderful trip. Thank you for taking us along, especially as I now know how much effort it takes. Kim.

• Like 4

Julie and I are currently at a resort in Aruba, haven't read this entire thread.  Do you know what you have planned for Key West?  We're heading there in June.  

I came to the boards to see if anyone on Equinox was vlogging.  She is expected here on Thursday.  Weather is gorgeous. 

16 hours ago, DisneyJen said:

Good evening Jim!

Wondering if you can shed some light on the menus in Luminae versus what is on the app?

@DJ's DH and I will be sailing on Equinox next month. When I look at the first night's dinner menu it is different than what I am seeing on the app. I thought the Luminae menus were the same fleet wide but I could be wrong😄

TIA🥂

I'm told that it is ship specific and at the Discretion of the Restaurant Manager.    He said they often shift it around especially so the last Chic night falls on a Sea Night.

I was doing a posting on my unpublished blog of the Menus and a picture of each dish and desert.   The menu from last week is different that this week with the same itinerary.   Why?   Unknown.

For Apex the Menus were not loaded until the day we set sail and the App is same as the Menu -

Well almost.      We went to Eden last night and the App did not show the Lobster dish.   I wasn't going to go if it was pulled so asked.    They said it was on but they don't list it on the App because they only offer fresh ingredients and if there is a supply chain issue with getting the Live Nova Scotia Lobsters they don't offer it.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha.  So glad you two are back at sea. Always enjoy reading your posts and of course the food pictures! Have a wonderful time.

Thanks --- Good to see you back for another rambling Live Post.

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

Julie and I are currently at a resort in Aruba, haven't read this entire thread.  Do you know what you have planned for Key West?  We're heading there in June.  

I came to the boards to see if anyone on Equinox was vlogging.  She is expected here on Thursday.  Weather is gorgeous. 

If you're up for adventure, SkyDive Key West is a lot of fun!!

14 hours ago, garyl62 said:

When I saw your photos I was surprised, our guide told us we could not take photos and didn't add anything about the Secret Service 😉 She did offer to take one of the two of us as we left, and I did manage to lag behind our group in a few places and snap a few quick ones as we left a room or two.  Glad you enjoyed it also, we enjoy history and this is a place with stories you don't hear about often.

I love the photo of Iain at the bar!!

Our guide was a really laid back Key West guy and I felt lucky to take pictures.  

Thanks so much for recommending it.    Iain  wasn't too hot on the idea at first but afterwards said he REALLY enjoyed it.   The guide really had a good sense of humor as well as of course being very lax with the rules.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

@GenerationX has been teaching me well.😂😂😂

We do of course have an advantage.    Men just don't have to accessorize the way @GenerationX does.    Also she has such a fantastic fashion sense and we can get by with just one Jacket each and being a male couple can swap out clothing to give a lot of different looks.    I just couldn't see Jeremy wearing the Red Dress from her last cruise.  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

14 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I can’t remember, are you in the same cabin for all the cruises ? 

We are indeed -  unless of course we win an Upgrade.    The TA is pretty much sold out bu maybe UK

13 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Oh my gosh Jim, as usual your pictures are all fabulous!!!  (for some reason I always love the pics of doors that you post).  Like everyone else here, am thoroughly enjoying following along.  😊  Continue to enjoy your cruise and looking forward to continuing to cruise vicariously through you and Iain until it's my turn to head to FLL and sail lol

I have to agree... especially in non-US countries doors are really interesting.    I got addicted to them when we lived in Dublin.    Every door is painted bright and no two alike.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That would be a big NO.  We are planning on taking the yankee clipper to the dry tortugas and going snorkeling.  That is about enough adventure for me. 

13 hours ago, Redking said:

How's this for vowels in a row Ruairidh. Our son's name.  I'm sure Iain can pronounce it! BTW and being cheeky 😜 Scotch comes out of a bottle, the people and language are Scots/Scottish.

So looking forward to following your wonderful trip. Thank you for taking us along, especially as I now know how much effort it takes. Kim.

Yikes Kim... are you Welch or is that another Scotch name.    I'm sure he could pronounce.  

I find it amazing that he can even tell what area a person is from in Scotland and UK.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mark.Jules said:

@Jim_Iain Who is the cruise director on Apex, and will they be the CD for entire trip? Thanks, and I am enjoying the photos.

Britney from Canada -     She should be the same as she just came back about 3 weeks ago.   Really high energy

https://www.instagram.com/brittanyfromcanada/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

BTW.  The guide said we aren’t supposed to allow photos inside but the Secret Service wasn’t there so shoot away.   Not sure if he was kidding or not.  I obviously took a few. 

Here is an article about 11 places where you aren’t allowed to take photos and the reason. It is very interesting.   I am sure there are many more places that aren’t listed

https://www.rd.com/list/places-forbid-taking-pictures/

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
Added the link
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

We just went wandering.    We use to spend Thanksgiving Week (my Birthday) in KW at Big Ruby's.   It was a really nice Guest House with free breakfast and cocktails in the evening.   Unfortunately it is no longer in existence.   

We ended up going to the Truman's White House and really enjoyed.    We had never done that before.

19 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Now I could get into that but Iain doesn't like heights and the thought of even a Zip Line are off the slate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, calicakes said:

That would be a big NO.  We are planning on taking the yankee clipper to the dry tortugas and going snorkeling.  That is about enough adventure for me. 

OK clue me in... What is Tortugas.    When we were in Fort Lauderdale they were having a Tortugas festival and I never go around to google.

3 minutes ago, miched said:

Here is an article about 11 places where you aren’t allowed to take photos and the reason. It is very interesting.   I am sure there are many more places that aren’t listed

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

YOu forgot the link....

I got my hand slapped once at at British Heritage house in Ayershire where we had Iain's Aunts 90 Birthday party.    Prince Charles had saved all the furnishings and they don't allow any photos.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Now I could get into that but Iain doesn't like heights and the thought of even a Zip Line are off the slate.

If you ever return and want to do it, Iain could stay on the ground and they'd drive him out to the landing zone in a cart to watch you. 🙂

There were some doing that when I was waiting for my flight - Dad and Son jumped, Mom and Daughter went out to watch.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

YOu forgot the link....

I got my hand slapped once at at British Heritage house in Ayershire where we had Iain's Aunts 90 Birthday party.    Prince Charles had saved all the furnishings and they don't allow any photos.

Sorry.  😱.   Here it is    Also had time to edit the post and add it.   Thanks.  

My wife asked me a question and I got distracted.  

https://www.rd.com/list/places-forbid-taking-pictures/

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, miched said:

Here is an article about 11 places where you aren’t allowed to take photos and the reason. It is

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Interesting -- I have been inside four of the 11 .. Guess I need to update my 'bucket list' .. I've been and have pictures of the outside of those four plus three others.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.   Iain is the Scotch version of Ian.    

I can tell you, I always know when a telephone solicitor calls.   Three vowels in a row leave them tongue tied. 

Now, I'll have to go back and look to see what he had on.   LOL

Is his real name John? Wondering as very common in the west of Scotland to be named John on your birth certificate, but to be called Iain all your life!