Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

John === I'm going to turn you over my Knee and spank you. 

They also don't have my favorite lemon tarts on Apex.    They occasionally have a Lemon Tartlet but looks like it might be on top of a sponge not butter crust.   Also has Meringue on top.   So far hasn't tried.

Any of you on Apex tried and can describe.   I may break down and get one and if I don't like drop on the floor and stomp on it...  JK..

I am a little big to be turned over anyone’s knee.

You are welcom to come an join us on our next Millie sailing 5/27/24 12-day Best of Japan.

1 hour ago, long time lurker said:

Jim-

the medical evacuations that Lastdance is referring to us off the Beyond. We diverted to Bermuda and are currently anchored off St Georges. 

Ahh... understand now.   Time to see where everyone is

May goodness is anyone left in the Caribbean

2023-04-25_18-00-42.thumb.jpg.71f73af119e2f68b2f738a0b67994f9e.jpg

May look in our rear view mirror and see if i can spot Beyond.   They left a day after us and caught up while we ported in Bermuda.

image.png.89df1577a493b67100e386ec7a8ad69a.png

• Like 2

Ok.. you guys ahead of us... what's the weather and seas like.    I need to update my weather site.   We just left to increasing drizzle --- temps have dropped to about 65 and seas are starting to grow a little.

I have a feeling we will feel the seas in our room.    Farthest forward and up on 11.    Only cabins higher and further forward is and the Iconic.     I can tell you -  You definitely feel the seas more as oppose to mid-ship.   Iain kept saying in the calm waters that he could hear the surf against the ship... I replied... yea because the forward hull is right under our room.   He replied... I'm not complaining -  it's a very soothing sound like being on the surf-line of the beach

image.png.20ea51cb7a7681aef05f53bb7b3a51e3.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, miched said:

My niece attended the National Golden Retriever Day in Golden CO this year with her dog.  I think she said there were over 2000 dogs.   This is a stock photo

The other in a clever way to remember a dog 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0542.jpeg

Incredible ---   I get a kick out of Golden's    They always look like they are smiling at you.

• Like 2

Just doesn’t do the same with a different angle and no playing.    I have previously answered questions on my photo style and camera.  Just a plain o’l iPhone Pro Max 15.   Would love a neat Nikon D3500 with a good Lens but the size and weight leave me in my hot spot.  

Years ago I signed up for iPhonephotographyschool.com   He had great reviews.   Great teacher and I still take advance online classes.    As you do each module you post to a private group and others comment and offer suggestions.   

first classes start with composition, lighting and angels.  I highly recommend and do not receive even a thanks 

IMG_2646.jpeg

• Like 6

Ok let’s just wander.   I loose weight when out.   Iain just walks and I dawdle and shot pictures.   Far more are tossed than saved.   All the sudden I notice I have to jog a couple blocks to keep up. 

IMG_2641.thumb.jpeg.beadab0cea9b49a7a37511e53726cc0c.jpeg

IMG_2644.thumb.jpeg.09cdebd71dcd86a3252177b6c31ffa5e.jpeg

IMG_2650.thumb.jpeg.dac1e53de05b446c13c92e85439583e1.jpeg

IMG_2651.thumb.jpeg.99af3cc9a604110aaac8faade52588ba.jpeg

IMG_2652.thumb.jpeg.09cb99b8b9d673d1a6108597ade6f5a0.jpeg

IMG_2653.thumb.jpeg.4cd7883fbe639babe6479253d34595d0.jpeg

IMG_2654.thumb.jpeg.aa23a28d1329712f3935824a3ca30c58.jpeg

IMG_2657.thumb.jpeg.8c9ba3c266338a79058f4523ba0dc993.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

Jim, Thanks for the pictures from my Favorite island! Must have been warm, might be the first time I have seen Lain not wearing jeans.

Always learn something new about you with every review! Loved your story about your beloved Luke! 

Looking forward to your updates on your crossing. 

Edited by TPCRUISER2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have previously answered questions on my photo style and camera.  Just a plain o’l iPhone Pro Max 15.   Would love a neat Nikon D3500 with a good Lens but the size and weight leave me in my hot spot.

I do love your iPhone photog style. I own a Nikon and a Fuji camera, but lately, like you, due to size and weight, I tend to only take my iPhone with me anymore. Especially after breaking my ankle, I like to walk a lot and I don’t want to feel unbalanced by the camera.

The lasted iPhone with the wide angle makes that more doable for me; like you I have the iPhone Pro Max 14. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure which I liked best so posting both.  Opinions? IMG_2678.thumb.jpeg.6cb49ae11d2c1aab41e69c8ee2ea0aeb.jpeg

IMG_2679.thumb.jpeg.01b00c11ad1bdd16dfb82508abc1867c.jpeg

Im drawn to the one on bottom. 

I like them both but second one shows off the bloom!

We have not been to Bermuda in a few yrs..great place to explore.

We never miss the FROG and ONION..not just for tourists!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Jim loved the story on Luke. We absolutely love Goldens!!! Our son Matt had a golden as his assistant dog. We swore that he was human. He loved Matt so much and we he died our whole family was truly devastated. Matt swore he never wanted another dog because nothing could replace Crockett. Fast forward 4 years later and we got a Lab (Duke). It took all of 10 minutes for Matt to fall in love with Duke.

You should consider getting another one, they bring so much love and loyalty.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, venicecruiser said:

Jim - 

Thank you for sharing Luke's story with us.  Made me cry but at the same time was so very glad he knew he was very much loved before he crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  

Claudia

Jim, following along and gorgeous pictures. I miss my Murphy and can’t ever replace her.  She was very special. Marie 

• Like 1

Dogs are amazing.   I have said if all dogs go to heaven I wish I would have been born a dog.   Most times they are treated better than humans.  They don’t have to work and they are pampered.   It is a dogs life.  Some are inspirational.  Here is one that I am sure many have seen. It is about Dexter the dog that has 3 legs and walks upright.  

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1448953642204249

Google Dexter the 3 legged dog to see  other  videos about him

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched