LIVE/ Celebrity Millennium 4/15-4/21

MeganGC1983

13 hours ago, AZMama2017 said:

Thanks for your lively trip report - glad you made it through despite the hiccups. We just booked the Millenium for next year in Japan, which we’ve been wanting to return to since our last trip in 2019. Normally we sail smaller ships (Crystal “refugees”, have SS and Regent cruises booked) and prefer that type of experience, however we have a school age kid and finding Japan cruises is tough for the times we want to sail. X had a pretty good option, but I have some reservations about it. We’ve done one X cruise before and aside from a couple of highlights, we didn’t enjoy it at all (4+ hour embarkation, meh food and service, etc.). It was bad enough that my TA got us compensatory OBC from the cruise line while we were still onboard. We did book a Retreat suite and the 2019 refurb looks nice, but I’m worried about the rest. Maybe not enough to cancel as the itinerary is the most important, but some of your comments hit home for me.

If it’s the food, I talked to several people that thought Luminea and Blu were fantastic. “Best food in 20 years of cruising”. Obviously YMMV. I would love to do that Japan itinerary. Hope you have a wonderful time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blarko said:

Ok….I asked my sister about this and she told me that not only do these people identify as animals but schools have litter boxes for said people/animals to use 🤦‍♀️

This couple didn’t just wear ears… they had full on mascot costumes like they were performing at a Capital One halftime show. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Haha 4

On 4/22/2023 at 11:20 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Overall, I’m puzzled about Celebrity. Were these issues because of the ship or the reposition sailing? Can we still really say food issues are from cutbacks or supply issues? Great crew and some of my favorite ports, but overall with Celebrity, I’m stumped. We will probably give them another shot on Edge or Beyond and get Aqua Class, to see if that makes a difference. 
Thanks to everyone for following along. Definitely let me know if you have any more questions or thoughts. Next cruise is Virgin Voyages, Resilient Lady from Athens. We leave in 41 days, and I’m jazzed. Booked our dinner reservations on that first sea day from Millie… another thing that worked on the internet when CC didn’t. Y’all have a great weekend! 

100% shared the same experience as you describe but on The Beyond in Feb. I have sailed Celebrity quite a bit so am just as baffled as to the direction of vibe/food quality they are aiming for. 

I am hoping for improvements and have a few sailings still on the books, too much invested to pull out at this point but I'm not reserving any more with Cel at this time, makes me a bit sad to say as it's always been my fave.

Patty 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

DH was laughing profusely and I was trying to seem interested but not too interested. I didn’t go down that road. 😆

Saw them on a cruise a few years ago.  Didn’t know anything about them at the time, just thought “these people are weird.”

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, blarko said:

Ok….I asked my sister about this and she told me that not only do these people identify as animals but schools have litter boxes for said people/animals to use 🤦‍♀️

I've heard something along those lines and pet beds that was being discussed amongst some principals. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, cw2go said:

100% shared the same experience as you describe but on The Beyond in Feb. I have sailed Celebrity quite a bit so am just as baffled as to the direction of vibe/food quality they are aiming for. 

I am hoping for improvements and have a few sailings still on the books, too much invested to pull out at this point but I'm not reserving any more with Cel at this time, makes me a bit sad to say as it's always been my fave.

Patty 

If you felt the same on the Beyond… that troubles me. Don’t get me wrong, it was a great cruise, but for the price tag and the hype, I hoped for more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

If you felt the same on the Beyond… that troubles me. Don’t get me wrong, it was a great cruise, but for the price tag and the hype, I hoped for more. 

I gotcha!

I did a small review at the time, nothing nearly as detailed as yours but you can see the similarities in the onboard experiences. Beginning of this year there was a lot of change within the cruise line and this forum was over loaded with negative reports so I did my best to set-sail with realistic expectations and I was still disappointed in the food and entertainment.

Since that sailing we have opted for more land trips but are keeping what we were already committed to. Up next are Alaska and Greek Isles so for us the itineraries are the focus going forward. 

Patty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I'm waiting to see if the newly appointed CEO/Pres aims the X ships in another direction.  I sure hope so.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I believe they are people who identify as animals.

Not really- Furries are folks who are interested in the anthropomorphic characterization of animal (and other) creatures.. Some of them may have a "sona," aka a character they create to represent themselves, but furries don't identify as animals. Wiki Article

Edited by notscb
clarity
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2023 at 11:30 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Shortened answers:

hits:

1. Bar and service crew

2. sushi on 5

3. Ports of call

4. Power of Love show

5. Venues- the theater, atrium, Lido deck/solarium

misses:

1. Food overall 

2. Entertainment staff/activities 

3. Internet

4. food again

5. That guy opening the beer with his teeth. 😉

Having been on the week before, I agree with the overall assessment, especially with the entertainment. I had been on the Summit (sister ship) several years ago and was disappointed with the MDR food based on reviews (even though that was my first leisure cruise!) This time we got a great deal for a suite so ate in Luminae and I thought the food there was excellent. I think I will always want to sail in Aqua or Retreat class on the M class ships for the food. And so far, no one beats Carnival for lunch!

We also had 5 port days so the rest of the ship was not as important. I did not have any issues with WIFI but I wasn't doing anything other than checking email a few times a day and a few web sites.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HxFx said:

Having been on the week before, I agree with the overall assessment, especially with the entertainment. I had been on the Summit (sister ship) several years ago and was disappointed with the MDR food based on reviews (even though that was my first leisure cruise!) This time we got a great deal for a suite so ate in Luminae and I thought the food there was excellent. I think I will always want to sail in Aqua or Retreat class on the M class ships for the food. And so far, no one beats Carnival for lunch!

We also had 5 port days so the rest of the ship was not as important. I did not have any issues with WIFI but I wasn't doing anything other than checking email a few times a day and a few web sites.

Same as I’ve heard which definitely makes me want to try again in those classes. The Pool Grill was good… I’m a pretty basic burger eater though. Glad I’m not the only one with the same feelings. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Same as I’ve heard which definitely makes me want to try again in those classes. The Pool Grill was good… I’m a pretty basic burger eater though. Glad I’m not the only one with the same feelings. 

You really should.  I cannot speak for Aqua but we are having a wonderful time in our Sky Suite and the food and service all over the ship has been wonderful.   We have only had pizza and ice cream from the OVC and have not ventured into the MDR, except for the Elite Breakfast which is being held on Deck 5.  

Ran into your friend Paula at Cafe al Bacio earlier today and she is a delightful and cheerful as ever.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

You really should.  I cannot speak for Aqua but we are having a wonderful time in our Sky Suite and the food and service all over the ship has been wonderful.   We have only had pizza and ice cream from the OVC and have not ventured into the MDR, except for the Elite Breakfast which is being held on Deck 5.  

Ran into your friend Paula at Cafe al Bacio earlier today and she is a delightful and cheerful as ever.  

I’ll go back for her and Rohit! 😆 and hopefully better food. Glad you are enjoying it. 

18 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’ll go back for her and Rohit! 😆 and hopefully better food. Glad you are enjoying it. 

Do not think I have met Rohit yet.  Will keep an eye out.  

I have been very impressed by Luis in the Retreat Lounge.  He has made me some amazing cocktails, such as this one — no idea what it’s called but light and refreshing just as I requested.

IMG_8746.thumb.jpeg.39bc36964ccbaf4046d86e08fc535c38.jpeg

• Like 1

@MeganGC1983 I still cannot figure out why you had such difficulty with the WiFi on Millennium after you upgraded to Premium.  I have been on premium and except for the occasional bump when moving around the ship, it has been solid for me. 

Here are speed test that I have run at various times day & night and from various locations.

IMG_8750.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 7:49 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

I had to run out of dinner because of a flight cancelation. Found a quiet area by boarding to make a call. Still boarding ish deck 4

image.jpg

Can I just say how impressed I am with your work ethic! Thinking I need to use you as my travel agent!!  I have not had the best luck with others I’ve used!  Loving the review. We did our first Celebrity cruise on Summit last year and fell in love with the M class ship!! 

• Thanks 1