LIVE/ Celebrity Millennium 4/15-4/21

MeganGC1983

Affluent doesn't mean stuck-up/snobby, although you can find those kind of people on every cruise line including carnival.  Odds are more passengers on X are at the tail of their career or already retired, just simply had more years to earn more money.  Odds are on Carnival you meet younger people who aren't as far along in their career and are spending a great deal on their children

image.png.c31862d4a79b89c30b6e6470d09be29f.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

i think you should give either a try..they have a brighter,  more lively vibe, great production shows, music, fun events  in the CLUB and at EDEN.. good sushi...great art collections. No complaints about  food.. we  enjoy BLU and the 4 mdr plan..not thrilled with Luminae (for suites) Bars were pretty good...

thanjs 4 a great review..

I’m sure we will. Not sure when but some time. Thanks for coming along. 

• Like 1

Megan, thank you so much for the post. It was entertaining to follow along, especially that night you stopped posting due to wifi issues and I was a bit tipsy 😅 internet stalking someone (while drunk) was fun.

I agree with you on most of your overall thoughts. We too are not fan of food outside of Luminae and the entertainment. So, how do you compare Celebrity to Virgin? We are thinking about booking on Virgin but not sure about, 1 how much is alcohol going to cost us, 2 do we need to book a suite

Edited by Moochi
  • Haha 1

I have a friend that is an attorney here in St Louis who mostly cruises on Celebrity and I think she even got married on one of the ships.  She does sail in suites generally but really does get into dressing up for dinner and shows.  

And the never ending champagne.  

• Like 3

Just now, Moochi said:

Megan, thank you so much for the post. It was entertaining to follow along, especially that night you stopped posting due to wifi issues and I was a bit tipsy 😅 internet stalking someone (while drunk) was fun.

I agree with you on most of your overall thoughts. We too are not fan of food outside of Luminae and the entertainment. So, how do you compare Celebrity to Virgin? We are thinking about booking on Virgin but not sure about, 1 how much is alcohol going to cost us, 2 do we need to book a suite

We were BOTH tipsy so there’s that. 😆 Stalk me on the internets all you want. 😉

The VV to X comparison is really crew versus food/entertainment. There hasn’t been a bartender or waitstaff that just blew me out of the water on VV, but the food, overall, is much better. We paid for Sushi on 5 and you can get ramen and sushi in the Galley on Virgin all day for free. The bar tab thing is perplexing, but drinks are cheaper on VV or if you get a suite, you get a bar in cabin. We sailed and only used about $800 on drinks without a suite, but YMMV. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

I have a friend that is an attorney here in St Louis who mostly cruises on Celebrity and I think she even got married on one of the ships.  She does sail in suites generally but really does get into dressing up for dinner and shows.  

I’m gonna dry out this week, but I’ll think of it fondly and often. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We sailed and only used about $800 on drinks without a suite, but YMMV. 

If VV is still giving out $600 bar tab, that would work. I think I drink 90% as much as you do, and my husband a bit more, from my picture stalking 🤣🤣🤣

I remember trying to ask you how much it has been on you VV tab, and you were not sober enough to tell me hahaha

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moochi said:

If VV is still giving out $600 bar tab, that would work. I think I drink 90% as much as you do, and my husband a bit more, from my picture stalking 🤣🤣🤣

I remember trying to ask you how much it has been on you VV tab, and you were not sober enough to tell me hahaha

We had $600 bar tab. Plus a shake for champagne, and then an excursion canceled. They refunded us $60 as we got off the ship. 

• Like 1

I was just reminiscing of all the people we sailed with and met… totally forgot to tell y’all, we met furries. And they brought their costumes on board. We only saw pictures of them in them, but I found that interesting especially with all the affluent talk and what not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/22/2023 at 2:28 PM, cml4958 said:

Not hard to figure it out..also posts great live from reviews!

Hard worker, great mom, and wife.  Fun to cruise with!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I was just reminiscing of all the people we sailed with and met… totally forgot to tell y’all, we met furries. And they brought their costumes on board. We only saw pictures of them in them, but I found that interesting especially with all the affluent talk and what not. 

What’s a furrie? 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We can one up you on that. Last year me met some really unusual folks,  Lacrosse fans! Furries on Bourbon street are not strange, but honest to god LACROSSE fans???

• Haha 3

Thanks for your lively trip report - glad you made it through despite the hiccups. We just booked the Millenium for next year in Japan, which we’ve been wanting to return to since our last trip in 2019. Normally we sail smaller ships (Crystal “refugees”, have SS and Regent cruises booked) and prefer that type of experience, however we have a school age kid and finding Japan cruises is tough for the times we want to sail. X had a pretty good option, but I have some reservations about it. We’ve done one X cruise before and aside from a couple of highlights, we didn’t enjoy it at all (4+ hour embarkation, meh food and service, etc.). It was bad enough that my TA got us compensatory OBC from the cruise line while we were still onboard. We did book a Retreat suite and the 2019 refurb looks nice, but I’m worried about the rest. Maybe not enough to cancel as the itinerary is the most important, but some of your comments hit home for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I believe they are people who identify as animals. My sister has a cat at her school. Wears cat ears to class.

I can relate to that. I'm a cat, at least trying to be -  a lion to be specific. Lions lay around doing nothing 21 hours a day, and we look cool doing it.

• Haha 11

20 minutes ago, icft said:

I can relate to that. I'm a cat, at least trying to be -  a lion to be specific. Lions lay around doing nothing 21 hours a day, and we look cool doing it.

But do you put on a mane before you go out? 

• Like 1