New global legal terms and conditions

I’ll have to ask my USA TAs what info they actually pass onto RCI USA. My invoices always only show her name and address. 

What happens if you have dual nationality or a property in the USA so you have an address there? 🤷‍♀️. Seems like it hasn’t been thought through!  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Also I wonder what will happen if we non US cruisers book a cruise on nextcruise, will we be quoted the US rate or the rate from our countries of residence?

I once asked Nextcruise for a deal that was on a promo leaflet posted in the cabins, and was told I couldn't have it as it was only for US citizens

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Thanks!

I knew she was different! 

Now many years ago Brilliance was based out of Harwich doing the northern routes…. If only history repeated itself and they bought Spectrum over to do the same! Perfect ship for Norway 🇳🇴

Hello,

What is more I think Brilliance was then owned directly by RCCL UK.

It would be nice to have two ships again offering different itineraries. I was counting-out my collection of FX in prep for my April Cunard & MSC and have tons of Icelandic that I need to use-up before any of it ceases to be legal tender (as happened with some of my Norwegian Kroner last year).

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

But what about better terms in Europe like later final payment date (30 days EU and 45 days UK), lower deposit (about half of US amount in EU) and lower cancellation fee (=deposit amount)? Do you get this as well as a European with US bookings? I don‘t believe US booking agents will be able to verify this…

Hello,

UK payment terms are 70 days prior to sailing. I don't understand comment about deposit - it's usually £150 pp with no reduction for booking on board or £99 'special'. Not sure about cancellation fees but if booked on board UK pax can make unlimited changes FOC until final payment date.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I once asked Nextcruise for a deal that was on a promo leaflet posted in the cabins, and was told I couldn't have it as it was only for US citizens

Hello,

Once, and only once, on Indy I was asked whether I wanted to book under US or UK T&Cs.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Once, and only once, on Indy I was asked whether I wanted to book under US or UK T&Cs.

Regards,

Cublet

They went through a phase once of saying that an onboard booking for UK guests could have one re-pricing done to it. I bet the CSRs in Guatemala weren't informed of that though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

UK payment terms are 70 days prior to sailing. I don't understand comment about deposit - it's usually £150 pp with no reduction for booking on board or £99 'special'. Not sure about cancellation fees but if booked on board UK pax can make unlimited changes FOC until final payment date.

Regards,

Cublet

Ok, I can only advise on details for (most of) EU countries: 30 days final payment date and deposit and cancellation fee Euro 150 for a 7 day cruise while US is 60 days and USD 250 deposit and also NRD I believe, so EU rules are clearly favorable.

Edited by Saab4444

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I too have experienced this. They were ok to price a future cruise with the promo but when it got to booking they said their system wouldn’t allow it to complete as I wasn’t a resident of the US. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Ok, I can only advise on details for (most of) EU countries: 30 days final payment date and deposit and cancellation fee Euro 150 for a 7 day cruise while US is 60 days and USD 250 deposit and also NRD I believe, so EU rules are clearly favorable.

Eu rules might be more favorable when cancelling but usually much more expensive than the US rates, sometimes no big difference but sometimes a LOT more expensive for the same cruise  😞 I get that smaller national currencies can bring higher prices than US pricing but when a cruise is almost 50% more than if quoted on the Royals US page it really disturbs me.

What would the price be if a US cruiser and a non US cruiser decided to take a cruise together? Us price or non US price?

9 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

I've seen some sloppy pieces of work from RCL... but given this is their key legal document, this is way up there.

I know it gave me a headache.

I guess legal wording had to be used but they could have a summary in plain words to get to the point.

11 hours ago, little britain said:

I’ll have to ask my USA TAs what info they actually pass onto RCI USA. My invoices always only show her name and address.

Name, citizenship, birthdate, e mail and phone number is all that is required.  There is no where for TA's to even enter your address

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Name, citizenship, birthdate, e mail and phone number is all that is required.  There is no where for TA's to even enter your address

But your Crown&Anchor number is linked to your profile including adress, correct? And during check-in you also have to provide your adress or not?

52 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

But your Crown&Anchor number is linked to your profile including adress, correct? 

Yes, your country of residence and phone number with country code is in your C@A profile 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks - when you select UK it just refers you to your EU rights ( post brexit ?) … so nothing to do with price drops ? 

21 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’m a resident of Ireland and with bookings made onboard I’ve only been allowed make one price change up to final payment. 

Hello,

Sorry I was not clear. We can make any number of changes of ship or date (or both). We can only make one change to the current booking to achieve a lower price.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2023 at 12:35 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

That’s an old policy that only kicked in when onboard Covid cases reached a minimum threshold. These procedures haven’t been used in well over a year 

Phew!! Had a minor panic for a minute there. Our first cruise since Feb 2020 is coming up next month......

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Like 1