Extraordinary Savings Sale

Flatbush Flyer

4 minutes ago, Doubt It said:

... We are newbies to Oceania. Does this apply to cruises after final payment?

I have the Reykjavik to New York booked and it is listed in the Extraordinary Savings.

What I see for the A1 I have booked is +2,000 Cdn above what I paid.

Should I bother to call Oceania?

YES, call for the details. The PRICES are NOT shown on the website. You have to call them. Our $2249 B4 (from a cabin-upgrade sale in 5/22) on Riviera on 11/2023 is now a $1749 A3 on her. Plus $300 SBC, which we'll use to pay gratuities.

Just now, MEFIowa said:

YES, call for the details. The PRICES are NOT shown on the website. You have to call them. Our $2249 B4 (from a cabin-upgrade sale in 5/22) on Riviera on 11/2023 is now a $1749 A3 on her. Plus $300 SBC, which we'll use to pay gratuities.

Thanks so much.

I will do so right now.

2 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

AFTER the Baltic, I only want to do:

1. Madagascar, Mozambique, Tanzania, and parts of the Indian Ocean. But that isn't really done by cruising, at least not what ALL I want to see and do in Madagascar alone!

2. And then the other one is Guyana, Suriname and Fr. Guiana.

No cruising for either. I'm VERY particular about what I want to see and do.

So I expect we may be DONE with cruising come 9/2024. After 5 cruises.

If you ever want to go on safari in Africa, you can talk to me. I'm leaving in a month for my 4th safari, this will be in Botswana. Prior safaris were in South Africa, Tanzania, and Namibia. Each country is a separate trip. I have another planned for Jan. 2024, this will be Uganda. I also want to visit Mozambique and Madagascar, but not from a cruise ship stop.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Seems to be a lot of open capacity for the next year. These sales are wide spread across the various lines. 

I agree, did a "cruise" across many lines and noted the sales and gradious words....I suspect that the cost of living is catching up with everyone and cruises are not a necessity. I have one booked for August and that's it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doubt It said:

I agree, did a "cruise" across many lines and noted the sales and gradious words....I suspect that the cost of living is catching up with everyone and cruises are not a necessity. I have one booked for August and that's it. 

We have the Vista booked for June. We are canceling 35 day Regatta cruise in December. That will leave the Riveria for next April. May not be the time for a lot of exposure. That Regatta cruise, all in, was going to be around $35K each. Payment due in June. After the Vista, we may be spectators for awhile to see what shakes out. If we get multiple cancelled and shortened ports on the Vista cruise, we’ll axe the Riveria cruise.

• Like 2

Thank you for all this information. I didn't realize you need to call to get the new prices. Only one leg of our BTB is included in extraordinary sales. Does anyone know if O will discount only the one leg? If not, I'll try calling.

1 hour ago, harlor said:

Thank you for all this information. I didn't realize you need to call to get the new prices. Only one leg of our BTB is included in extraordinary sales. Does anyone know if O will discount only the one leg? If not, I'll try calling.

Worth a try  all they can do is say no 😉

Do the math to make sure it is worth any extra $

• Like 1

Perhaps due to extraordinary cancellations because Venice has banned all their ships and others over a certain size? Just received a brochure replacing Venice with Trieste or Rome. Kotor replaced with Catania due to restrictions for similar environmental reasons.

7 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Just when I thought I had my day all planned out.  Thanks a bunch, I guess my high grass is going to have to wait.

I still have 3 feet of snow in my front yard.  Want to trade places? 😀  Although in the backyard, with a southern exposure, I can now see my pool.  So that's encouraging.  Still a solid block of ice, but at least visible.  Spring comes slowly to these parts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WayneLaR said:

I still have 3 feet of snow in my front yard.  Want to trade places? 😀  Although in the backyard, with a southern exposure, I can now see my pool.  So that's encouraging.  Still a solid block of ice, but at least visible.  Spring comes slowly to these parts.

Thanks but I'm good.  Hope you defrost soon.

9 hours ago, oskidunker said:

No.

Come on our September 9th cruise! (which by the way I booked with my TA weeks ago for $100pp less than the current price...TAs are handy with early access to sales 😉 ). I think there were one or two earlier in the season too (May, August if I remember).

5 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Called O, there are actually a couple of gems here for those who actually prefer cruising to just talking about cruising.

No doubt. If we wanted to spend the rest of the year on a ship we could! Northern Europe has amazing prices for that part of the world and the Turkey/Greek island no-sea-days itineraries have me drooling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, harlor said:

Only one leg of our BTB is included in extraordinary sales. Does anyone know if O will discount only the one leg? If not, I'll try calling.

Hope you've already called. I upgraded one leg of our B2B first. Didn't even look to ask about the 2nd until I locked in the 1st. But then after that, asked about the 2nd segment and it was also on sale. So went F to A3 (at a huge discount, just $285 PP to get the A3 at only $1899 PP!) and then B4 to B3 (for a huge $500 PP saving in the price of the cabin). And on top got $300 SBC for each cruise.

• Thanks 1

By the way, you do not have to call a TA to find out the magical savings. Just go to one of the several TA's whose internet sites allow direct booking and the new prices are there.

Surprised how light the near term bookings are..   Singapore to Dubai (10 May 23) has always been one that is near sold out on Nautica.  Pretty much wide open (only OS and VS sold out)

Some examples

C1 was $6240pp now $3849pp

B2 was $7599 now $4699pp

A1 was $8549 now $5349pp

Insides also similarly discounted

No savings on PHs

From looking at some of these it seems that it's an either or situation. You can have the Extraordinary Saving, or you can have the O Ultimate, or you can have a Single Supplement, or you can have just O Life. I'm curious if there is any savings with any of these perks or if they are all normal price. Anyone with any input on this?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

From looking at some of these it seems that it's an either or situation. You can have the Extraordinary Saving, or you can have the O Ultimate, or you can have a Single Supplement, or you can have just O Life. I'm curious if there is any savings with any of these perks or if they are all normal price. Anyone with any input on this?

Pretty much correct, single supplement discounts are rarely combinable with any special offers.

O Life Ultimate is same cannot be combined -- it is its own special offer 

Olife is always an add on from cruise only prices and you can have Olife for the usual $100 per.

Cruise air is always a credit so may be added or subtracted

This savings is obviously targeted to slow selling an open cruises and probably is capacity controlled (certain number of cabins)