Extraordinary Savings Sale

Flatbush Flyer

1 hour ago, Bakingnana said:

Just received a brochure booklet in the mail today, April 19. Extraordinary savings …. Some 2023 cruises going for 1/4-1/3 the price of the full brochure and the prices are listed. No need to call for rates. 

For exact rates and to book the promo, you have to call. That brochure only shows one cabin level in each major category.

And sadly, looking up 1 of the cruises on their site with the Olife cruise only the PH 3 category is $400 more than in my brochure, which by the way, doesn’t state which PH category so I am assuming it is the lowest being PH3. Just so sad they play the game and we get sucked in. 

And try to find their guaranteed pricing. Before the pandemic I could ask for any promos offered and price reduction until sailing….now try to find their update….it says any publicized price found lower within 7 days of deposit. 

Wonder where O is headed? That is not intended as a pun? For those of us who have cruises booked far in advance it is a very scary thought. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Why?

What is potentially worrying is that since early 2022 NCL and O executives have talked up a storm about holding the line on prices and not engaging in price wars or promotional excesses. This ESS is an absolute blow out in pricing. And there has been a never-ending stream of supposedly major promotions since mid-Jan 2023 (starting with the 20th Anniversary promotion). Hard to fathom exactly how much additional revenue this ESS sale will even bring in as people like me just rebook two existing cruises and save $$$ (an additional $1360 saved on just one of them, over 22% off an already heavily discounted cabin purchased from a cabin-upgrade sale in 2022!). The combined savings have literally "paid" for our roundtrip airfare to Europe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bakingnana said:

And sadly, looking up 1 of the cruises on their site with the Olife cruise only the PH 3 category is $400 more than in my brochure, which by the way, doesn’t state which PH category so I am assuming it is the lowest being PH3. Just so sad they play the game and we get sucked in. 

Do you use  a TA?

I would call them & ask  what the current price is  then decide 

If no TA call Oceania

Thank you to everyone on this board and the author of this thread.  I reached out to my TA early this week and asked to have my reservation looked at as it relates to the Extraordinary Savings Sale.  I expected nothing because I booked my cruise with a four category upgrade sale on September 1. 2022. 

Here is what happened.  We have a PH3 Guarantee, we got a $900.00 per person reduction.  To receive this deduction, we had to lose a American Express Perk of $150.00 OBC.  Our net was $750.00 per person or $1,500.00 per couple.  That is a LOT of money.  

I also booked our Pre-Cruise Hotel directly with the same hotel that Oceania was offering and saved $400.00 per couple.  I am thrilled with the progress and look forward to this cruise.

I would have never even considered having my TA call "O" until I read this thread. Thank you to all.  Now let's make sure they sell some cabins and don't cancel this trip.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I would have never even considered having my TA call "O" until I read this thread. Thank you to all.  Now let's make sure they sell some cabins and don't cancel this trip.  

They do not usually cancel the  cruises  (covid excepted)

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Yes, I have a TA. I have no recourse but to believe what O tells her. They will. Ot speak to anyone else but the TA even for general info.

I wish I was more knowledgeable about pricing. Have been waitlisted and the price that I find on their website differs from what she gets so when I think it should be less it is not. Just frustrating they play these games. Plus states on their site they will let the TA know when a waitlist opens … has happened twice where I found the opening and let my TA know. They really need to update their procedures and policies on their site. 

Edited by Bakingnana
Entered I. Wrong spot

On 4/19/2023 at 8:32 AM, Wynterwynd said:

The dreaded mailed brochure with the “extraordinary savings” came this past weekend and our July cruise along the coast of Norway showed our PHP cabin at HALF of the price that we paid.  Our cruise is fully paid for and included a generous ship board credit from our TA and prepaid gratuities from Oceania…but still.  I contacted our TA and asked her to see what she could do (noting that the on-line pricing for our level cabin was $100 more than what we paid; the huge discount was only in the brochure).

The result is a shipboard credit equal to the difference (but losing the other ‘perks’).  I’m happy with that as I realize they didn’t really have to do anything.  Now we’ll book every excursion and schedule massages and I’ll drink like a fish (hubby doesn’t drink) and we’ll still have $$ left, lol.  And maybe that remainder can go toward additional gratuities if the service is as good as it’s been on past Oceania cruises.  Spread the joy!

Thanks to this thread for giving me the impetus to at least look into what the options might be.

I have a 30 day cruise currently priced at half of what I paid, but post final payment. My TA suggested this, and after getting the quotes for new pricing, I sent that information back to him, but they have yet to check (I'm certain). This gave me a bit of something I can push back with to see if they'll put in the effort to make the call. 

• Thanks 1

It never hurts to ask…I almost didn’t bother since the website showed a slightly higher price than what I paid, but if they are sending out sales (via print), then it seems to me they owe a little something to those who are loyal/interested/comment on social media/etc

I asked my TA to express my disappointment if they refused to consider anything.  I included a screen print of the brochure pricing.  She got back to me within 48 hours with what I considered to be a more than reasonable resolution (all SBC, but in an amount equal to what the difference in pricing was).  While we lost the other included items, the new SBC more than makes up for that.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bakingnana said:

Yes, I have a TA. I have no recourse but to believe what O tells her. They will. Ot speak to anyone else but the TA even for general info…..

“….believe what O tells her.” OR what she tells you? Not all TAs are created equal. Moreover, 

though O will not discuss exact pricing (nor changes to that pricing) when you have a TA, they will talk with you about all sorts of other stuff regarding your cruise including selling you tours, booze packages, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wynterwynd said:

It never hurts to ask…I almost didn’t bother since the website showed a slightly higher price than what I paid, but if they are sending out sales (via print), then it seems to me they owe a little something to those who are loyal/interested/comment on social media/etc

I asked my TA to express my disappointment if they refused to consider anything.  I included a screen print of the brochure pricing.  She got back to me within 48 hours with what I considered to be a more than reasonable resolution (all SBC, but in an amount equal to what the difference in pricing was).  While we lost the other included items, the new SBC more than makes up for that.

Good luck!

Once again (for anyone who does not understand): The website prices do not reflect the Extraordinary sale prices. Even the “sale” brochure doesn’t paint a complete picture of the sale discounting.

However, excellent that you pressed the issue and got the SBC adjustment.

As for owing anyone a “little something,” It all depends on with whom you are corresponding. And my experience is that, once you hit O Club Platinum status, most O employees will respect both your experience and knowledge regarding what is due to you in any kind of adjustment. 

• Like 1

I am always told the pricing is never cheaper. I just don’t understand how the price I get from my TA is always higher and she says I can’t go by the published brochure lower price….why not…. Getting a straight answer is hard. Maybe time for a new TA. 

1 hour ago, Bakingnana said:

I am always told the pricing is never cheaper. I just don’t understand how the price I get from my TA is always higher and she says I can’t go by the published brochure lower price….why not…. Getting a straight answer is hard. Maybe time for a new TA. 

@Bakingnana I am no expert however here is what I would do.  As long as your final payment has not come due.  If that happened, it is more complicated.  I would call the Oceania directly.  I would gain a full price for the category/stateroom just the way your agent did for you. If the fare is less, you have two choices:

1. Cancel the trip with your agent for a full and complete refund.  
  2. OR, tell your agent what you found and have them cancel the trip and rebook you at the new fare. 

As long as you booked with a normal agent that used fully refundable deposit, both should be under consideration.  Sometimes it is something simple in these situation which is my hope for you.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

1 minute ago, Sthrngary said:

@Bakingnana I am no expert however here is what I would do.  As long as your final payment has not come due.  If that happened, it is more complicated.  I would call the Oceania directly.  I would gain a full price for the category/stateroom just the way your agent did for you. If the fare is less, you have two choices:

1. Cancel the trip with your agent for a full and complete refund.  
  2. OR, tell your agent what you found and have them cancel the trip and rebook you at the new fare. 

They should not have to cancel & rebook  the agent can reprice the cruise   at the current rate

Be sure if you do cancel you are not in the penalty  time frame

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bakingnana said:

Forgive me for posting the wrong way. I am brand new to this and haven’t really figured out replies and posting. 

It's ok, we all had to learn how this works sometime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bakingnana said:

Today a neighbor tells me they are on their 1st O cruise this August. They have no idea about sale. Say their TA would have let them know if there was one. Sure enough, I look and their cruise is included in Ultimate Sale.

They say the cruise is almost $15k for A4 10 days on Riviera with Air and all 3 amenities OIife. I have them call their TA and she initially tells them their cruise is NOT included in sale. My phone is open to their cruise and tell her it is. She then says A4 and up is Waitlisted. I suggest they have her price a B1 or B2 with Ultimate Sale as cabins are available. They ask TA to do this and she tells them it’s only a $300 difference. They accept this answer. Time for me to desist. Their travel agent is dishonest or incompetent. 
A4 is on Guarantee and would be $7,958 plus PE air upgrade.  Even worse they have a tub/shower cabin and they think they have the new large shower cabin.

I now appreciate my TA even more than ever. She will give me a detailed breakdown of my options when rebooking due to a promotion and let me decide. 
If anyone in doubt on TA price, call O or a different TA. 

Nothing more I can do for my neighbor. They believe their TA.

Edited by Jayne E
Typo

On 4/20/2023 at 12:32 AM, Wynterwynd said:

The dreaded mailed brochure with the “extraordinary savings” came this past weekend and our July cruise along the coast of Norway showed our PHP cabin at HALF of the price that we paid.  Our cruise is fully paid for and included a generous ship board credit from our TA and prepaid gratuities from Oceania…but still.  I contacted our TA and asked her to see what she could do (noting that the on-line pricing for our level cabin was $100 more than what we paid; the huge discount was only in the brochure).

The result is a shipboard credit equal to the difference (but losing the other ‘perks’).  I’m happy with that as I realize they didn’t really have to do anything.  Now we’ll book every excursion and schedule massages and I’ll drink like a fish (hubby doesn’t drink) and we’ll still have $$ left, lol.  And maybe that remainder can go toward additional gratuities if the service is as good as it’s been on past Oceania cruises.  Spread the joy!

Thanks to this thread for giving me the impetus to at least look into what the options might be.

Have you got other cruises booked?  Pre-COVID We had the same thing happen and we were able to take it as Future Cruise Credit and used it for another cruise.  It is certainly worth asking rather than just wasting so much money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bakingnana said:

Sounds like a plan.

I suggest that, if you start doing a lot of O cruises, ask many fellow passengers which TA they use. After awhile, you’ll realize that your mostly hearing the same handful of US TAs from Americans.  

2 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Today a neighbor tells me they are on their 1st O cruise this August. They have no idea about sale. Say their TA would have let them know if there was one. Sure enough, I look and their cruise is included in Ultimate Sale.

They say the cruise is almost $15k for A4 10 days on Riviera with Air and all 3 amenities OIife. I have them call their TA and she initially tells them their cruise is NOT included in sale. My phone is open to their cruise and tell her it is. She then says A4 and up is Waitlisted. I suggest they have her price a B1 or B2 with Ultimate Sale as cabins are available. They ask TA to do this and she tells them it’s only a $300 difference. They accept this answer. Time for me to desist. Their travel agent is dishonest or incompetent. 
A4 is on Guarantee and would be $7,958 plus PE air upgrade.  Even worse they have a tub/shower cabin and they think they have the new large shower cabin.

I now appreciate my TA even more than ever. She will give me a detailed breakdown of my options when rebooking due to a promotion and let me decide. 
If anyone in doubt on TA price, call O or a different TA. 

Nothing more I can do for my neighbor. They believe their TA.

Read my post #97 above.