Ships with balconies facing inside the ship

2 hours ago, poocher said:

Thank you for giving OP a kind and thoughtful response.  My thoughts were a little less kind and, as a person who has a phobia, I should be more understanding.  

I am truly curious, why were your initial thoughts to my question not kind??  What were your initial thoughts??  (I'm assuming something along the lines of *so don't cruise if you're scared of water*).  Is that right?

1 minute ago, caliSue1234 said:

that's what I was picturing, sounds perfect for us!  Thank you!

Boardwalk is more open. Depending where you are what is below. Johnny rockets is below, the carousel and even nearer the end a bean bag toss. I'd bet a lot miss the bean bag toss right after johnny rockets. I took the end of boardwalk to see out the aft better on allure. All the other ships have a slide blocking a lot of the aft view. They save the very end for expensive suites.

Central park is more trees and benches you see. Quieter. A fake bird call I could do without.

Central park balconies any ending in "29" are double long and more space to sit out and have lounge chairs or you can ask for them .. same price. 

My sister has epilepsy and prefers not to look out at the water moving by. It's not for everyone. She wants to see a stationary place. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, broberts said:

Too many variables for there to be a single answer. But I wonder why a fall into water is scarier than a fall onto a steel deck?

Because it's not like I'd be falling into my backyard pool.  I'd be good with that, lol.  The ocean is like a black hole.  I'd rather fall on the steel deck... they'd at least find my body, ya know? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Boardwalk is more open. Depending where you are what is below. Johnny rockets is below, the carousel and even nearer the end a bean bag toss. I'd bet a lot miss the bean bag toss right after johnny rockets. I took the end of boardwalk to see out the aft better on allure. All the other ships have a slide blocking a lot of the aft view. They save the very end for expensive suites.

Central park is more trees and benches you see. Quieter. A fake bird call I could do without.

Central park balconies any ending in "29" are double long and more space to sit out and have lounge chairs or you can ask for them .. same price. 

My sister has epilepsy and prefers not to look out at the water moving by. It's not for everyone. She wants to see a stationary place. 

Soooo helpful 🙂  I think either Boardwalk view is perfect for us, and thank you for the tip that the view out back isn't obstructed on the Allure.   

Just now, caliSue1234 said:

Because it's not like I'd be falling into my backyard pool.  I'd be good with that, lol.  The ocean is like a black hole.  I'd rather fall on the steel deck... they'd at least find my body, ya know? 

You cant fall from a balcony unless you climb up on something deliberately to get over the rail. 

Just to relieve your anxiety. Unless you get drunk or crazy you cant fall. People get drunk and think they are superman. 

Like I said with my sister she says watching moving water makes her feel dizzy yet she loves to cruise. Lol she is happy in a inside near a elevator! She loves to dress up, the shows, etc. Not everyone has to love watching the water.

• Like 2

Just now, caliSue1234 said:

Soooo helpful 🙂  I think either Boardwalk view is perfect for us, and thank you for the tip that the view out back isn't obstructed on the Allure.   

Well you are still back from the dive pool, more across from the rock climbing wal,, even the last cabin on boardwalk, which is hard to book. Everyone wants to be at the end with more of a view. I dont have a view from other ships with the abyss. Which is the huge purple slide in the aft. Only suites are really all the way aft. Unless you got more than $15k to spend they are out.

This is from the very last boardwalk on allure .. still not all the way aft. But as close as I could get for a non suite price. Looking back toward the aft. One is from inside the diamond lounge. The inside boardwalk balconies dont do all the way to the end but close enough. 

20221205_092952.jpg

20221207_075436.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well you are still back from the dive pool, more across from the rock climbing wal,, even the last cabin on boardwalk, which is hard to book. Everyone wants to be at the end with more of a view. I dont have a view from other ships with the abyss. Which is the huge purple slide in the aft. Only suites are really all the way aft. Unless you got more than $15k to spend they are out.

This is from the very last boardwalk on allure .. still not all the way aft. But as close as I could get for a non suite price. Looking back toward the aft. One is from inside the diamond lounge. The inside boardwalk balconies dont do all the way to the end but close enough. 

20221205_092952.jpg

20221207_075436.jpg

These pics are SO helpful!  It seems like a middle deck (maybe 10 or 11), and as far back as we can get would be perfect!   Thank you!

31 minutes ago, caliSue1234 said:

These pics are SO helpful!  It seems like a middle deck (maybe 10 or 11), and as far back as we can get would be perfect!   Thank you!

I agree, I think deck 10 or 11 is perfect on the boardwalk. I stayed in 10327 on Symphony with family in the rooms on both other sides and it was an amazing location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caliSue1234 said:

There's a lot wrong here, lol.  But for this particular instance, it's just plain old severe anxiety.  

Are you sure you wouldn't just want to go with an ocean view room? If the anxiety gets the best of you and you can't use the balcony, that's a lot of money gone since you're already paying a solo supplement. You'll be there for a week so you want to give yourself the best opportunity to have a great time!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Are you sure you wouldn't just want to go with an ocean view room? If the anxiety gets the best of you and you can't use the balcony, that's a lot of money gone since you're already paying a solo supplement. You'll be there for a week so you want to give yourself the best opportunity to have a great time!

That's very sweet of you to ask... I'll be totally fine with the Boardwalk below, and will really enjoy the people watching and general 'life' going on below me.  It's the vastness and darkness of the ocean that freaks me out, not the balcony itself.  

7 minutes ago, caliSue1234 said:

That's very sweet of you to ask... I'll be totally fine with the Boardwalk below, and will really enjoy the people watching and general 'life' going on below me.  It's the vastness and darkness of the ocean that freaks me out, not the balcony itself.  

Got it! I can't stand near the top deck railing at night for long. Vast, super dark and quiet...too eerie for me! lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, caliSue1234 said:

But, if you fell or jumped, you'd land in the water, right?  Or am I not looking at pictures correctly?

You really have to try REALLY HARD to fall off your balcony into the water or in the case of the inside balconies onto the deck below. Usually when you hear of someone falling there is copious amounts of alcohol or drugs involved or just being REALLY stupid. As far as jumping if you really want to jump then you have to REALLY try to accomplish that. My son and daughter in law had a central park balcony on the Oasis recently and really enjoyed it. Others like the ocean view balconies and being able to sit out on their balconies, have a drink and listen to the ocean going by. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Depends on what ship and what balcony.  With many balconies, you'd land on top of a life boat.

More like you would bounce off the top of one before hitting the water 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, caliSue1234 said:

I'm looking for ships that have the 'inside' balcony cabins (that overlook Central Park , Boardwalk, etc).  I want a balcony, but am very anxious about being over the water, especially at night.  I'd love to be able to sit out at any time of day/night and not feel scared.  

Florida departure (Cape Canaveral preferably, but doesn't have to be). 

Also, I'll be traveling with my aunt.  We'd love to have separate, connecting cabins.  Even better if the balconies divider can be removed. 

Any help is very much appreciated.

Another option that you might consider is a deck 7 balcony on any of the radiance class ships. Although it is an oceanview balcony, there is a deck cover over the lifeboats, so your balcony is at the same level as the covering (aluminum I assume), and is 5-10 feet from the edge that goes down over the water. Great cabins for acrophobiacs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caliSue1234 said:

I am truly curious, why were your initial thoughts to my question not kind??  What were your initial thoughts??  (I'm assuming something along the lines of *so don't cruise if you're scared of water*).  Is that right?

Yes that’s it.  My apologies.  Not my place to question your concerns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

Another option that you might consider is a deck 7 balcony on any of the radiance class ships. Although it is an oceanview balcony, there is a deck cover over the lifeboats, so your balcony is at the same level as the covering (aluminum I assume), and is 5-10 feet from the edge that goes down over the water. Great cabins for acrophobiacs.

I will definitely check those out too!  Thank you 🙂

18 hours ago, caliSue1234 said:

I'm looking for ships that have the 'inside' balcony cabins (that overlook Central Park , Boardwalk, etc).  I want a balcony, but am very anxious about being over the water, especially at night.  I'd love to be able to sit out at any time of day/night and not feel scared.  

Also, I'll be traveling with my aunt.  We'd love to have separate, connecting cabins.  Even better if the balconies divider can be removed. 

hello,  I understand anxiety and once it is conquered then all is well.

You said Cape Canaveral.  Well the Wonder OTS goes out of there.  I did her in 2022 when she first came to USA and sailed out of Ft Lauderdale.  Below are some photos of my boardwalk room which i did get sun and breeze. please pick this ship as it has best Aqua show.

IMG_0010 ffrom balcony.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0039 Aqua show from balcony.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

• Like 1

19 hours ago, caliSue1234 said:

also here is back of ship which is less windy and very calm

IMG_0164.JPG

• Like 1

I’m hoping you’ll enjoy your cruise.  Once you see how high the railings are  everywhere on the ship I think you'll be more comfortable.  I’m 5’4” and the railings are chest high on me.  I’m afraid of heights, can’t imagine zip lining, hate flying in small planes but I have no fear when standing at the rail of a ship.  Even if I fainted I couldn’t fall overboard.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

You said Cape Canaveral.  Well the Wonder OTS goes out of there.  I did her in 2022 when she first came to USA and sailed out of Ft Lauderdale.  Below are some photos of my boardwalk room which i did get sun and breeze. please pick this ship as it has best Aqua show.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

These are good pictures of the abyss which is the huge purple slide at the back of the ship. Allure doesnt have it but the other oasis class ships do have it somewhat blocking your view of the ocean in the aft. You have to look thru this slide. 

I see nothing wrong with booking the central park balconies or the boardwalk balconies. I was hoping for less sun as I'm not supposed to get sun but the sun still hits them. For me these are better than ocean view balconies... each to his own. I'm solo and dont want to sit out there alone, I'd go up to the pool deck to sit out and read. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

These are good pictures of the abyss which is the huge purple slide at the back of the ship. Allure doesnt have it but the other oasis class ships do have it somewhat blocking your view of the ocean in the aft. You have to look thru this slide. 

I see nothing wrong with booking the central park balconies or the boardwalk balconies. I was hoping for less sun as I'm not supposed to get sun but the sun still hits them. For me these are better than ocean view balconies... each to his own. I'm solo and dont want to sit out there alone, I'd go up to the pool deck to sit out and read. 

agree.  I know on the Wonder some folks did not appreciate the big screen that put up near the pools.

It was loud at night for the central park area.  Then again the boardwalk does have the water show but I watched the schedule and a few nights were not loud.  I would say playmakers is the one area of noise that I had to address and call down to guest services.   They were still very loud at 1am and would not close if a lot of folks were still drinking.  $$$$ rules.   Eventually it got under control though.

I liked watching the merry go round too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

those pics are amazing, thank you so much!

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

2 hours ago, caliSue1234 said:

I will definitely check those out too!  Thank you 🙂

Just to add info, here is what it looks like looking out of one of those deck 7 Balconies on a radiance class.

image.thumb.png.f12047977b5bfdfba18023e285af4caa.png

I don't recommend doing it, but I would feel comfortable walking out on that platform 😉 But I used to install radio antennae on building rooftops in my previous life.

Short Video might also help you see what it looks like.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of the older ships also have interior rooms that overlook the Promenade on the inside of the ship.  While not a balcony, they have a great window seat  that makes the room feel a little larger, and is fun for people watching, and the rooms get some additional light from the Promenade.  

You just need to be aware to close your drapes at appropriate times as the cabins across from you can see into your cabin.    I've always found these to be a great bargain when cruising solo.

Edited by Gardener5b
  • Like 1