Reykjavik tour that will end at Keflavik Airport

Ladybug18

Hello!! 

We are a family of three (2 adults and a child). Our cruise in July ends in Reykjavik. Our flight from Keflavik Airport departs much later in the day actually late into the evening so we will have many hours to waste before our flight. 

I am looking for a tour company that will pick us up at the cruise terminal in Reykjavik with all of our luggage and take us on a tour then drop us off at the airport. We are doing the Golden Circle the day before. Any suggestions  on tour companies that could do this? 

Thanks 😊 

I'm looking for exactly the same thing.  I believe you can put a city tour together through Grey Line but that involves a charge for the pickup and transfer to the central station, then a city tour, then another transfer to the airport.  

• Like 1

I believe there is luggage storage at the main bus station in Reykjavik.  You could take a taxi to the station (BCI Terminal), pick up a local tour there, return to BCI,  then take the Flybus or a taxi to the airport.

I can't mention names of tour companies here, but you can go over to TripAdvisor for recommendations on local companies.  

Edited by ljandgb

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Is your cruise line providing this type of tour?

Unfortunately our cruise line…NCL does not have any tours the final day with drop off at the airport. We booked our air with NCL and in doing so we had to pay for the airport transfers so we do have transportation from the port to the airport so we can take the ship transfer to the airport and hopefully drop our bags off at the airline but then we have to head back to Reykjavik which I’ve read is a 40 min drive. 

2 hours ago, ljandgb said:

I believe there is luggage storage at the main bus station in Reykjavik.  You could take a taxi to the station (BCI Terminal), pick up a local tour there, return to BCI,  then take the Flybus or a taxi to the airport.

I can't mention names of tour companies here, but you can go over to TripAdvisor for recommendations on local companies.  

There seems to be a misunderstanding. You cannot name or recommend TAs, but you are allowed to name and discuss tours that you have taken.

I haven’t actually used any of those tour companies. The one I did use did not survive the pandemic. The frequently mentioned ones on TripAdvisor have good reputations. 

Just trying to stay between the lines here! 😀

On 4/15/2023 at 9:59 AM, ljandgb said:

i was told by Reykjavik excursions that there's no locker storage there

Edited by fstuff1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

i was told by Reykjavik excursions that there's no locker storage there

Interesting, because the company Luggage Lockers claims to have lockers at the BSI bus terminal, as well as several other locations around the city. 

It's probably best to contact them ahead of time.
https://www.luggagelockers.is/

https://www.luggagelockers.is/contact-luggage-lockers.html

16 hours ago, erikzen said:

Interesting, because the company Luggage Lockers claims to have lockers at the BSI bus terminal, as well as several other locations around the city. 

It's probably best to contact them ahead of time.
https://www.luggagelockers.is/

https://www.luggagelockers.is/contact-luggage-lockers.html

i was wrong. they were talking about luggage storage at Special Tours. it's on their site and not bsi terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same situation…not flying out until 5:30 and would love to find something to do and transfer to the airport.  Found a company that would do a private tour but it is $650.  Was hoping to find something a little more reasonable.

50 minutes ago, cwms said:

I have the same situation…not flying out until 5:30 and would love to find something to do and transfer to the airport.  Found a company that would do a private tour but it is $650.  Was hoping to find something a little more reasonable.

Can you find others to share the tour on your Rollcall?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 2:49 PM, cwms said:

I've been looking into this and $650 isn't bad if it's split among a bigger group. I don't think you'll find much cheaper as I had prices from $700 to $1200 for a van to carry 6 + luggage for 5-6 hours depending on when we disembark. When you consider it costs about $40 per person or more just to get to the airport, an additional $70 PP for door to door transportation and the use of a car for several hours, it seems like it's worth it.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:49 PM, cwms said:

sky lagoon (not crowded) opens at 12pm. theres a $15 round trip shuttle from bus terminal to there.

there's no direct shuttle from sky lagoon to airport. you have to take the shuttle from the lagoon back to the small bus terminal and xfer to the 45min airport bus ($35).

or blue lagoon (always crowded) but they drops off at airport

Look up things to do in Keflavik. Rent a car for the day there and explore nearby or even venture back to Reykjavik if that is important. That way you'll have your luggage with you in the event you cannot check it or store it when you arrive at KEF.

One of the most popular To Dos is the Blue Lagoon.  Check their web site.  They provide luggage storage and it is a common connection from the ports and airport.  I spent a very fast 4 hours in the pool and sauna.  The also have cafe and restaurant 

On 5/1/2023 at 11:49 AM, cwms said:

Just got our flight info and we are in the same situation. Could you share the company you found?