Taking Regent provided spirits upon departure?

crispy46

4 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

$20,000 cruise and we need to take home $25 of left over booze, fascinating.  

It’s not the price, it’s the fact that I hate to waste good booze.

V/R

Z and TB

• Like 9

6 hours ago, jjs217 said:

We were told that with the permission of the guest, the room attendant can take it and put it in the crew lounge.

They are not allowed to have a bottle marked for a guest - instant termination. Perhaps that only applies to their personal cabin and not the Crew Bar.

Edited by Pcardad

5 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

$20,000 cruise and we need to take home $25 of left over booze, fascinating.  

52 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

It’s not the price, it’s the fact that I hate to waste good booze.

V/R

Z and TB

And why not, you have paid for it in the cruise price. We drive home and it is two days m from Miami. Sure is nice to know we have drink makings when we hit the motel and not to have to look for a liquor store🥃🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cwn said:

And why not, you have paid for it in the cruise price. We drive home and it is two days m from Miami. Sure is nice to know we have drink makings when we hit the motel and not to have to look for a liquor store🥃🙂

Ok,  if you are hoping into a car to drive home after the cruise, that makes sense.  I’m thinking to pack it to fly is PITA, unless the stuff is something you can’t get at home and is worth $100 (which I have done with wine many times - not wine from Regent).  

We were told by our Cabin Steward that once the bottle is in your room with your name on it it can not be used again.  Even unopened it will be thrown away.  We were given a bottle toward the end of our last cruise that I didn't open.  We asked the Cabin Steward if we could sent it to the crew and she said NO.  So we took it with us as we were staying with friends for a week in the UK.  

So... sure, take it with you as it most likely will be tossed anyway.  

I may or may not have a few liters of Macallan Select Oak in my liquor cabinet at home.  I was told the same thing - once they've been delivered to a passenger's cabin, they can't reuse them.  I can't swear that that's a true statement, but it was all the excuse I needed - or would have needed - to wrap up a bottle or three to bring home...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1