Needs some help…. Flight was just canceled to get to MIA

Ricks

My son flight just got canceled flying out of Boston, it was a NCL airfare. He has been on hold still waiting to see what NCL is going to do…. Does anyone have a more direct number to call to get help with this situation. You would think in a situation like this there should be a emergency number.

What should he do with NCL? His ship the escape leaves at 4pm today

That’s awful for your son. I’m assuming the airline cancelled the flight? Not sure NCL will or can do anything but he can try. Call the airline as well.

A good rule and tip when flying to cruise is to at least fly the day before just in case things like this happens.

Hope it works out!

• Like 3

Just now, JandC_Cruising said:

Ugh....That is not fun.  here is the flight assistance hotline information.

image.thumb.png.512bd974dac899ecd5703eb10c9e51b3.png

Ha ha …. Hot line answer…. Ok we will refund you your cruise….. 

Other family members are all flying in from different places to MIA meeting on ship….. real bummer….. he has been on hold for 2 hours….. picking him up to go to different airport to catch a flight he found…. But he wants the ship to wait….. he should be able to get to port for 4:45

36 minutes ago, Ricks said:

My son flight just got canceled flying out of Boston, it was a NCL airfare. He has been on hold still waiting to see what NCL is going to do…. Does anyone have a more direct number to call to get help with this situation. You would think in a situation like this there should be a emergency number.

What should he do with NCL? His ship the escape leaves at 4pm today

Your son is there and the airline is responsible for reaccommodating him. NCL will tell you to work with the airline. 

1 minute ago, mjkacmom said:

The ship will not wait, NCL booked his flight but that’s all they do, he needs to find a way to get to the ship in time (and that time is before 4).

If his ship leaves at 4, he needs to be at the terminal at least before 3, perhaps before 2.

56 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Your son must be a miracle worker. He magically got the ship to change the departure time from 4:00 to 5:30...

From miami port authority:

(C6BR3) NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE 07:45 17:30

Tell him to record his conversations with ncl if they make him any promises on the phone and best of luck to him.  I hope it all works out.  Does he have third party insurance?   That might pay for an alternative non ncl flight but I don’t know if the ncl insurance would pay but someone else might know if you can post his insurance status.  

Edited by kitkat343

I would suggest that he not wait for NCL to correct the situation.  Unfortunately, he should buy another ticket asap.  Then work out all the refund details when he gets back home from the cruise. If he has travel insurance, he can go thru that.  He might be able to dispute part of the NCL airfare with the credit card company.

• Like 1

I lived in Miami for 10 years: Other options are to fly into Fort Lauderdale (FLL) or even West Palm Beach (PBI), then grab an Uber to the Port of Miami. This will be pricey but as @9tee2Sea has said, he can work out the details later. FLL was closed earlier this week due to flooding but I think it's reopened. FLL is closer than PBI. He should tell the airline he will take any flight on any airline into any southEAST FL airport that will arrive before 2 pm at the latest. (Tampa or Naples will be too far, so don't use those).

Then HUSTLE...and yes, call, or even better, tweet NCL and get whatever help he can.

Saying a prayer for him!

Edited by mooline

10 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

If he booked everything through NCL, they might be able to fly him out to the next port to join the cruise there.  I think that they do that.

Based on posts I’ve read here nope. The flights NCL has been marketing are discount flights, they act as a third party middleman between the airlines and passengers. They do not claim to get you to the ship.

• Like 1

Per the instructions on your flight confirmation, any flight issues within 72 hours of departure should be addressed with the AIRLINE.  While letting NCL know there is an issue, the first call should be to the airline!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ricks said:

Other family members are all flying in from different places to MIA meeting on ship….. real bummer….. he has been on hold for 2 hours….. picking him up to go to different airport to catch a flight he found…. But he wants the ship to wait….. he should be able to get to port for 4:45

He'll need to book & purchase the return flight also, because when he is a no-show to the original outbound flight (even though it's been cancelled and rebooked) his return flight is auto-cancelled.

Hope your son still makes it to the ship!

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1