LIVE from Radiance Apr. 21, 2023 - The Panama Canal - Canal au Niveau de la Mer

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Giovannis steak was excellent but they are “not allowed” anymore to bring me a slice of Red Velvet Cake from Chops next door… ridiculous. 

We were at Giovannis last night as well and it was excellent, except for 2 things - The minestrone soup was very salty.  Both people that had it only had a spoon full and could not eat it and second...Passengers.  First half the meal there was a baby crying and parents not really doing anything to stop it and then a couple at another table get on FaceTime with the volume up loud and start a conversation that the entire restaurant could hear.  

• Like 2

I've read reports that Voom works best at the Voom computer area on deck 7. 

20230423_084029.thumb.jpg.95dbc36d806a8e13fe65bc738c774993.jpg

I suspect that because there is a Meru access point on top of the desk area. 

20230423_082518.thumb.jpg.afdc586df908b6fe83fec8800799f19e.jpg

Top speeds are not any faster, it's just a more reliable signal.

Screenshot_20230423_083648_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.23f2fcf1e22fcd63ce4eb6c488d828fe.jpg

• Like 3

I logged into one of the ship computers. 

20230423_083311.thumb.jpg.053562a03d0ee5df5474bec4b5b2b29d.jpg

The upload speed is a little better. 

I noticed a different public IP address. 

20230423_083342.thumb.jpg.15174951bcafecac29de10531fcc0801.jpg

On other ships I've experienced load balancing across the multiple Starlink antennas on a session basis.  On Radiance they appear to be allocating different areas of the ship, or different subnets, or different logins to different Starlink antennas yielding a different public IP address. 

Logging back in on my phone it's another address different from my cabin and the ship computer. 

Screenshot_20230423_083600_Firefox.thumb.jpg.b18305134fa47d21b12e35fa0f77b62d.jpg

So they aggregating the bandwidth across multiple Starlink antennas but are doing it differently from another ship.   Maybe they are trying different approaches to see what yields the best user experience.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice chat with our Loyalty Ambassador just now.  Vernon is such a nice guy. 

There were around 140 crystal blocks awarded this cruise.  Vernon wanted guests to board the ship and find their blocks waiting for them so he stayed up until 1am the night before turn around to get it done. 

He has a sample of the new style blocks on board. 

Old and new style.

20230423_091814.thumb.jpg.a4a493722a2d1ac3f8fe74f0dbe15c40.jpg

Rear

20230423_091823.thumb.jpg.3e7ec67568d423307919e9021ebb7c85.jpg

Side

20230423_091831.thumb.jpg.43b0d6b124ca8d5ab5093d221ce93646.jpg

I like the new style. 

After the 140 distributed this cruise there are around 200 of the old style on board. 

He leaves early June for vacation and he's not sure when the old style will run out. 

Edited by twangster
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, KyleDefends said:

twangster, 

Were the sunrise photos taken with your smartphone or a different camera?  If a different camera, do you mind sharing what gear you used and the settings?

Great review!  Thanks!

My phone. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

I logged into one of the ship computers. 

20230423_083311.thumb.jpg.053562a03d0ee5df5474bec4b5b2b29d.jpg

The upload speed is a little better. 

Hmmm this makes me wonder if you could write and upload some of your pics for your review on this computer? Is there a usb access?

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hmmm this makes me wonder if you could write and upload some of your pics for your review on this computer? Is there a usb access?

Probably not worth it.  Pics are uploading pretty good except with my cabin door closed.  The sunrise pics were uploaded moments after I took them on the forward outdoor deck.  Took a few seconds each. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Probably not worth it.  Pics are uploading pretty good except with my cabin door closed.  The sunrise pics were uploaded moments after I took them on the forward outdoor deck.  Took a few seconds each. 

Good to know. I love the shoe in the door idea.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good to know. I love the shoe in the door idea.

I couldn't get online from my cabin about 2 am both nights in a row I tried. Couldnt sleep and got up to go online. Maybe because I'm female I dont like the shoe in the door idea middle of the night.  .. might during the day idk ..but found the business office good for wifi so if during the day I'd just go there. I'm not tech so that's how I did it .. didnt measure just went where it worked better. My cabin far forward deck 9 wasnt good for wifi. 

You changed your avatar? At first I thought someone else had same name or similar. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just book the restaurant and time for 3 persons then and pay for 4th person with BOGO coupon at the table.

Except we're 6 people.  So is BOGO only for D+?  Can't remember and can't find it online.

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If they do have them, they are probably not accessible.  At least, I have never seen them on the ships.  They wouldn’t want any chance of a virus being introduced. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I couldn't get online from my cabin about 2 am both nights in a row I tried. Couldnt sleep and got up to go online. Maybe because I'm female I dont like the shoe in the door idea middle of the night.  .. might during the day idk ..but found the business office good for wifi so if during the day I'd just go there. I'm not tech so that's how I did it .. didnt measure just went where it worked better. My cabin far forward deck 9 wasnt good for wifi. 

You changed your avatar? At first I thought someone else had same name or similar. 

I agree I don't think I would do the shoe in the door late at night. Just when I would want to get some stuff uploaded to CC.

Yeah I changed my avatar to change things up. I get tired of looking at my face. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, h20skibum said:

If they do have them, they are probably not accessible.  At least, I have never seen them on the ships.  They wouldn’t want any chance of a virus being introduced. 

Good point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Except we're 6 people.  So is BOGO only for D+?  Can't remember and can't find it online.

yes only Diamond Plus and Pin Heads !

Edited by Jimbo