Am I crazy? Book Mariner instead of Wonder.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yuck. Think I'll let the family discover that on their own. Also sounds like an added excuse for me to head elsewhere and eat in between family meals (which I'd do anyway) or develop a drinking problem with some free SL beer/Truly. 🤣

What we are seeing is that the majority of the suite guests are spending their time on their own balconies. We see very few up here besides us and maybe a handful of others. We like to split our time between the two depending on where the sun is. Sometimes it gets too hot so sit out on the balcony so we come up and find shade and a breeze..

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0026.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks for sharing. I'd wager money that I won't mind some of the things that bothered you but everyone has their own preferences, opinions, things that are important, etc. On the plus side for some of your complaints, we're being treated to a GS by my generous FIL so any lounging time will be spent on the suite sun deck. We never ever sit by the main pool on any ship when we're alone anyway, only the Solarium. The only time I'll spend by the pool on Wonder is when I go to grab food and/or a margarita from El Loco Fresh/attached bar. Oh, and I need to try a Lime & Coconut, not sure if the suite deck bar or others can make those or not.

I had the opposite experience as Orville. That’s the same person that was convinced a Disney ship was docked at Coco Cay, despite the fact it was docked nearby at Castaway Cay.😂 Wonder is a great ship, can’t wait to get back on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

I had the opposite experience as Orville. That’s the same person that was convinced a Disney ship was docked at Coco Cay, despite the fact it was docked nearby at Castaway Cay.😂 Wonder is a great ship, can’t wait to get back on. 

Care to share any specific favorite parts of Wonder?

I think I've made it clear that I'm not concerned. I can guarantee I'll have a great time and enjoy plenty of food & drink like every other cruise I've ever taken, I just have a lot of free time right now and like reading opinions.

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

@orville99  It seems like you have been talking about not liking the Wonder for months now.  Just wondering why you didn't cancel since you don't seem to like anything about it

Had no choice. By the time we got off of the Wonder and were able to start moving cruises to different ships we were already past final payment date on these cruises. We are stuck with another in July (Pinnacle certificate cruise) that we can’t move, but we moved 22 others to Mariner, Adventure, Grandeur, and Serenade. Ate a few thousand in change fees, but it was well worth the cost.

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Will you absolutely avoid Quantum class? Quantum, Anthem, Ovation, Odyssey ?

They are great ships larger than Voyager class and with the best Solariums

Anthem-of-the-Seas-solarium-1.jpg

Didn’t realize that quantum didn’t have ice show , i also like broadway shows and aqua shows , are they missing also? Really not interested in solariums. 

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Care to share any specific favorite parts of Wonder?

I think I've made it clear that I'm not concerned. I can guarantee I'll have a great time and enjoy plenty of food & drink like every other cruise I've ever taken, I just have a lot of free time right now and like reading opinions.

Finding the flow of people on the ship and doing the opposite. Enjoyed late dinners in the WJ and MDR when it was uncrowded.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Didn’t realize that quantum didn’t have ice show , i also like broadway shows and aqua shows , are they missing also? Really not interested in solariums. 

Quantum class does not have watershow. Only Oasis class has those.

Quantum class has Broadway shows. Also Quantum class has a special venue called two70 with a very unique shows.

Quantum class has amazing venue for kids called Seaplex with bumper cars, all kinds of sports and many other things.

Bumper Car Flooring Onboard Royal Caribbean Quantum-Series

Quantum class has Skydiving.

WOW moments on Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas | Taking The Kids

It is a very different class of ships. Aside from Solarium for adults it also has indoor pool (Except for Odyssey where this pool is also open)

Anthem of the Seas indoor pool

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

I love largest ships, but Oasis class and Quantum class ships do not have Viking Crown lounge which Freedom, Voyager, Radiance, Vision classes have ... Perfect for sailaways

Viking Crown Lounge at night | A night shot of the Viking Cr… | Flickr

Viking Crown Lounge on Royal Caribbean Cruises | Cruise Critic

I miss it greatly when sail on largest ships. So every class has pros and cons

• Thanks 1

On the smallest (now) Vision class I LOVE Centrum

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Ship - Planet Cruise

4 Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston, Texas to Galveston, Texas  | 27th May 2019 | 4 nights | Royal Caribbean International | Enchantment of  the Seas

There is almost ALWAYS music there and you can see ocean even when inside unlike Voyager class and lager. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I love largest ships, but Oasis class and Quantum class ships do not have Viking Crown lounge which Freedom, Voyager, Radiance, Vision classes have ... Perfect for sailaways

We had been on almost nothing but Oasis class for years, then spent 11 nights on Indy between July and October. We hung out on the helipad for sail away but we enjoyed spending some time in the DL up in the crown which is definitely preferable to the windowless DL's in the "basement" on most Oasis class ships.

10 minutes ago, Tatka said:

On the smallest (now) Vision class I LOVE Centrum

And I can't stand the centrum compared to the promenade. I feel claustrophobic (not literally) if I don't have a promenade. Different strokes...

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

And I can't stand the centrum compared to the promenade. I feel claustrophobic (not literally) if I don't have a promenade. Different strokes...

So there is no chance you sail with any other line other than RCI, right? I do not remember promenades on any...

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

So there is no chance you sail with any other line other than RCI, right? I do not remember promenades on any...

I won't say NO chance but as a frugal creature of habit who prefers knowing the ins and outs over trying new things and is approaching D+ (we'll be 7 pts away after our June cruise), probably not.

That said, we can usually only cruise 1-2 times per year and have a nice chunk of time before that changes (barring a lottery win) so anything is possible further into the future.

Now if any of my wife's friends who have fairly high positions at Disney (one in particular is quite high up in their IT department) are ever able to bring us on one of those Disney cruises they occasionally get to take at extremely discounted rates, we're there. 🤣

11 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I saw that the Icon will have windows on the promenade because people do enjoy seeing the sea.

Windows on the promenade sounds like a nice feature.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We sail her in October in a JS

What date?

Outside chance we sneak in another October cruise during a week my wife already has one day off (i.e. school is closed and she's a teacher/support person) and it would likely be Wonder since I don't foresee $129 GGG 4-nighters on Indy like last year.

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

What date?

Outside chance we sneak in another October cruise during a week my wife already has one day off (i.e. school is closed and she's a teacher/support person) and it would likely be Wonder since I don't foresee $129 GGG 4-nighters on Indy like last year.

Oops, it's September 10

October is a Celebrity cruise. 

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Wonder in January shouldn't be as crowded

I'd do that. We sail her in October in a JS

Except for yeshiva throughout January. Some solarium bistros are closed for those groups, and other dining venues can be crowded. I think the sweet spot during winter is early December or early February. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

Except for yeshiva throughout January. Some solarium bistros are closed for those groups, and other dining venues can be crowded. I think the sweet spot during winter is early December or early February. 

Bella 2 is in February 2025 because of Yeshiva worries. It's typically late in January.  Not sure of exact 2024 dates

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Bella 2 is in February 2025 because of Yeshiva worries. It's typically late in January.  Not sure of exact 2024 dates

I'm tempted for Bella2.  Problem is we have my wife's birthday cruise in March.  I'm not sure I can swing both yet.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It was the 15th through the 22nd this year and other than losing the bistro for the week and an occasional private function in one of the entertainment venues, the group was fairly invisible.

• Thanks 1