The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 18th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Happy Anniversary Holland America

Today is National Tax Day, International Juggler's Day, and National Stress Awareness Day

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.--Albert Einstein

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegetarian Baked Ziti
Drink of the Day - Spiced Cocoa
Wine of the Day - Newton Cabernet Sauvignon Unfiltered, Napa Valley, California
Destination of the Day - Kralendijk, Bonaire

Eurodam

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala 06:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii eta 4-19

Nieuw Amsterdam

Puerto Caldera, Puntarenas, Costa Rica 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Cadiz, Spain, Sevilla 08:00 - 23:00

Oosterdam

Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores Portugal 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands, Holland  07:00 Arrive

Volendam

At Sea destination Oranjestad, Aruba eta 4-09 

Zaandam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands, North Holland 08:00 Arrive

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Hilo, Hawaii Island eta 4-22

Westerdam

At Sea destination Otaru, Japan eta 4-20 

image.thumb.png.b2d9b66cda9b915910eab78874016d79.png

image.thumb.png.2a5b891ab0f8a042f0748d7bda6dc3f2.png

Sandi for Rich

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 13

I bet Graham and I are posting at the same time.  Anyway, good morning, Dailyites, here in Rotterdam it will not be morning in just another hour!  I’m tired from our tour yesterday, will be taking it easy today, and we disembark tomorrow, so that will be a hectic day.

I hope everyone stays healthy, and all problems are resolved.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

HP HAL! 
Port Day Bonaire. My second favorite place in the world to snorkel. Been there a dozen times and never been more than several hundred yards from dock. Always do private sail and snorkel tour or water taxi to Kleine Bonaire!

• Like 23

Happy 150th anniversary to 

Holland America Lines.

It is sunny and 45°F here at 10.20am in North East England.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for starting today's daily and fleet reports.

Stress awareness day is usually on the first Wednesday in November but really it should be every day because stress over a long period can cause major health issues.

Most of us in the UK have our taxes taken from our salary every month under PAYE using a tax code/allowance system.

We visited Bonaire during our Caribbean cruise on Crown Princess in January 2007.

Good wishes to everyone on our care list for improved health.

A big shout out to everyone who is cruising or due to cruise shortly.

I hope everyone has an amazing day.

Graham.

• Like 23

Good morning friends!  It will be a beautiful sunny day here again with a high temp of 78, though it is only 46 right at the moment.  Happy 150th Anniversary of Holland America Line!  I hope those on a ship in the Netherlands will enjoy being in the homeland today.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report information.  First it is National Tax Day in the U.S.  I'm sure everyone here is a good citizen and has either filed or requested an extension by now, right?  At first we had Dyngus Day as our initial day to celebrate but as soon as I published this post I searched for the meaning of that and saw it meant the Monday after Easter and quickly edited it, causing me a bit of stress.  That brings me to Stress Awareness Day!  I hope all of you are stress free.  And third let's celebrate Juggler's Day.  I am not equipped to observe that properly but maybe we could ask our friend @RedneckBob if he learned that along the way.  Thank you Albert Einstein for your quote.  Some will agree, some won't.

Next is the menu suggestion of vegetarian baked ziti, and I'm sure Debbie @dfish will soon be enticing us with delicious pasta dish recipes and photos.  I'm interested to hear how the spiced cocoa will be made with some type of alcohol added.  Dixie @summer slope will have the answer.  And then we have a nice cabernet sauvignon which I would bet my DH would like.  Thanks in advance to Ann @cat shepard for her work on that description.🍷

Thank you Rch for that very informative and important fact in history.  1506!

Today I will be praying for the Care list people and those around the world suffering.  Special prayers for @Mr. Boston and his family on their painful loss this weekend.🙏  For those preparing to cruise or already cruising, enjoy those days at sea whether on a BHB or not.  Cheers for the remainder on the Celebration list as you celebrate your happy events.🥂

Our port today is Kralendijk, Bonaire and I know many of us will enjoy photos of that lovely place (especially underwater).  We had that port on July 17, 2021 and Nov. 8, 2022.  Links are below and so are the photos!🤿

We were in Kralendijk the first time in 2006 on Crown Princess.  Our daughter had had a difficult year having just gone through a divorce and having three youngsters, so DH and I took her on her first cruise.  It began in San Juan and was a Southern Caribbean cruise.  Our second time there was on Westerdam in 2016 and we went drift snorkeling for the first time.  

From our second trip as we loaded onto the catamaran for our drift snorkeling excursion (private CC tour).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlxJ9ivgyJrpM4uPaWeE96?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We headed to Klein Bonaire to this area to begin snorkeling.  The current was strong and it wasn't easy to stay with our guide, so quite of lot of energy expended that day!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqkyZnGYqlARCNQNY7972i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKaWiZBZYpic6tVIAtWJXI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMYrBypNkcEM7DJYefnoir?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We did this tour on a lark and didn't even have an underwater camera, but I can assure you we saw some amazing sights.  The fish, the coral and underwater plants, and even the huge sea turtles.  Loved it!

After the snorkeling we walked through the town and checked out the people selling their hand made items like jewelry.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI61AlOa-8gKgWmytBZUapV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaVgt3P4RIll4DWKWrSoRI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

It's a great stop on a Caribbean cruise.

A couple photos from our 2006 Bonaire visit with DD.  It seems we were enjoying ourselves so much we took more photos of the three of us than photos of the islands visited.  Here are a couple of my favorite photos taken that trip.

View from the ship of the lovely water and colorful town of Kralendijk.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIW9oT1Dfyu30XofcT3ak2t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DD and myself00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqdNog7owPzqsenAvShMpN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Mom, Dad and daughter with Water Island behind us (St. Thomas).enhance

That was 17 years ago!  Those years went by way too fast.

Hoping all here have a safe, stress free day!  It is also National Exercise Day so off I go to the treadmill and to listen to the news.  Whoops, there goes my stress levels!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 150th anniversary to 

Holland America Lines.

It is sunny and 45°F here at 10.20am in North East England.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for starting today's daily and fleet reports.

Stress awareness day is usually on the first Wednesday in November but really it should be every day because stress over a long period can cause major health issues.

Most of us in the UK have our taxes taken from our salary every month under PAYE using a tax code/allowance system.

We visited Bonaire during our Caribbean cruise on Crown Princess in January 2007.

Good wishes to everyone on our care list for improved health.

A big shout out to everyone who is cruising or due to cruise shortly.

I hope everyone has an amazing day.

Graham.

You may be right about stress awareness day being in November.  Maybe this is National instead of International.  More stress worrying about that!😲

I am putting the lists behind me and intend to have an amazing day, like you said.  Thank you!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It will be a beautiful sunny day here again with a high temp of 78, though it is only 46 right at the moment.  Happy 150th Anniversary of Holland America Line!  I hope those on a ship in the Netherlands will enjoy being in the homeland today.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report information.  First it is National Tax Day in the U.S.  I'm sure everyone here is a good citizen and has either filed or requested an extension by now, right?  At first we had Dyngus Day as our initial day to celebrate but as soon as I published this post I searched for the meaning of that and saw it meant the Monday after Easter and quickly edited it, causing me a bit of stress.  That brings me to Stress Awareness Day!  I hope all of you are stress free.  And third let's celebrate Juggler's Day.  I am not equipped to observe that properly but maybe we could ask our friend @RedneckBob if he learned that along the way.  Thank you Albert Einstein for your quote.  Some will agree, some won't.

Next is the menu suggestion of vegetarian baked ziti, and I'm sure Debbie @dfish will soon be enticing us with delicious pasta dish recipes and photos.  I'm interested to hear how the spiced cocoa will be made with some type of alcohol added.  Dixie @summer slope will have the answer.  And then we have a nice cabernet sauvignon which I would bet my DH would like.  Thanks in advance to Ann @cat shepard for her work on that description.🍷

Today I will be praying for the Care list people and those around the world suffering.  Special prayers for @Mr. Boston and his family on their painful loss this weekend.🙏  For those preparing to cruise or already cruising, enjoy those days at sea whether on a BHB or not.  Cheers for the remainder on the Celebration list as you celebrate your happy events.🥂

Our port today is Kralendijk, Bonaire and I know many of us will enjoy photos of that lovely place (especially underwater).  We had that port on July 17, 2021 and Nov. 8, 2022.  Links are below and so are the photos!🤿

We were in Kralendijk the first time in 2006 on Crown Princess.  Our daughter had had a difficult year having just gone through a divorce and having three youngsters, so DH and I took her on her first cruise.  It began in San Juan and was a Southern Caribbean cruise.  Our second time there was on Westerdam in 2016 and we went drift snorkeling for the first time.  

From our second trip as we loaded onto the catamaran for our drift snorkeling excursion (private CC tour).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlxJ9ivgyJrpM4uPaWeE96?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We headed to Klein Bonaire to this area to begin snorkeling.  The current was strong and it wasn't easy to stay with our guide, so quite of lot of energy expended that day!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqkyZnGYqlARCNQNY7972i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKaWiZBZYpic6tVIAtWJXI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMYrBypNkcEM7DJYefnoir?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We did this tour on a lark and didn't even have an underwater camera, but I can assure you we saw some amazing sights.  The fish, the coral and underwater plants, and even the huge sea turtles.  Loved it!

After the snorkeling we walked through the town and checked out the people selling their hand made items like jewelry.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI61AlOa-8gKgWmytBZUapV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaVgt3P4RIll4DWKWrSoRI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A couple photos from our 2006 Bonaire visit with DD.  It seems we were enjoying ourselves so much we took more photos of the three of us than photos of the islands visited.  Here are a couple of my favorite photos taken that trip.

View from the ship of the lovely water and colorful town of Kralendijk.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIW9oT1Dfyu30XofcT3ak2t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

DD and myself00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqdNog7owPzqsenAvShMpN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Hoping all here have a safe, stress free day!  It is also National Exercise Day so off I go to the treadmill and to listen to the news.  Whoops, there goes my stress levels!

Great family photos Sandi.

You and your daughter look beautiful and your husband is handsome.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

You caught me again. If that was Woodwind Tours in Bonaire I am the guy in the yellow vest with a duck head . As far as juggling, only thing I try to juggle is my bank accounts.  A guess stress day is appropriate with tax filing day.

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

You may be right about stress awareness day being in November.  Maybe this is National instead of International.  More stress worrying about that!😲

I am putting the lists behind me and intend to have an amazing day, like you said.  Thank you!

You do an amazing job Sandi with the daily reports, photos and excellent posts.

Please don't stress as my stress caused my heart attack 40 months ago.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Mr. Boston’s brother’s death 4/16

Cruising sister’s best friend’s son’s death 4/13

RMLincoln’s cousin’s DH’s death

Marshhawk with visit to the Pulmonologist today

KY and AL shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Marshhawk’s DH with confusion episode and trouble swallowing

Summer slope’s friend with a brain injury

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Holland America Line’s 150th Anniversary!

Happy Birthday to Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim!

Rafinmd’s good report from the Oncologist

Cruising sister’s generosity to a friend

Luvteaching’s DH showing improvement

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

3 Days for Oceansaway17 (Vision of the Seas 4/21 to 5/1)

4 Days for JazzyV (Celebrity Apex 4/22 to 5/7)

5 Days for Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas 4/23 to 5/1)

Cruzn Single (Rotterdam to 4/19), Vict0riann (Rotterdam to 4/19), GTVCRUISER (NCL Jewel to 4/23), aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), TiogaCruiser (Volendam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), AV8rix (Volendam to 5/6), Dismomx5 (Volendam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), and Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

• Like 17
  • Thanks 11

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Woke up to some good news, the groundhog is in the trap that I moved to the back of the yard!  Hopefully he’s the only one.  I’d give today’s meal suggestion a try if it was in front of me.  Today’s an in office day and it’s time to get ready.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Sandi.

Happy Anniversary to Holland America.  What fun it would be to be on the Rotterdam with @Vict0riann @sailingdutchy @Overhead Fred for the celebrations.

Oh my on the combination of days today 😬 For those in the United States, I can envision some people very stressed as they try to complete their taxes and juggle their money to pay them!

ED68B5F9-0F1A-4803-9777-4AEE69FEEB79.jpeg.865b5dfdaf0d0d8c9a90656fadbcbb5e.jpeg

Not sure if I agree with the first part of Einstein’s quote completely although the 2nd part is accurate IMO.

Big day today and I will be busy.  Ivan is coming over for a meeting.

5BB92EDB-6B2F-4B77-91CF-94DC2952287F.thumb.webp.0027378ec33bee7d77543fce07e060c7.webp

He’s a senior - nearly 9 - whose owner can’t keep him.  No decision has been made.  We’re just taking it one step at a time.  I just hope the rain stops so we can have the outdoor space 🤞 

0100C981-95C3-4117-B6DC-FF877DD36808.webp.5fd88debec28c2e6e7debf584a7c6bcc.webp

@Cruzin Terri a very happy birthday to your DH.

@sailingdutchy please extend my happy birthday wishes to Martha.

B9FB5E16-9EF8-4D0D-B8E3-7EEE9DA73E82.jpeg.13ccb25ce9688cbb9f146438d2a2379d.jpeg

My heart and prayers are with you and your family @Mr. Boston 🙏🏻

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

CC39E146-C176-4C1B-B8FF-2D56271ABDAB.jpeg.22ea030b8db42e6b61ee1f066f9887d8.jpeg

Have a good Tuesday everyone !!!!!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

57 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

To repeat a note I have mentioned several times. The days to acknowledge (celebrate) come from two website that I don't have available to me right now. I don't know where they got the lists. It is also possible that things are country specific.

edited

a quick internet search finds these three headlines as the fist entries.

April is Stress Awareness Month
National Stress Awareness Day – November 1, 2023
April is recognized as National Stress Awareness Month

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

It's snowing!  Thanks Mother Nature, I was hoping for spring but you made other plans.

Happy Anniversary Holland America!

Our taxes have been filed, so one less thing to stress about.  I can't juggle, 'nuff said.🙂

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  The drink sounds good for a cold day like today.  Hope the wine is tasty too.

I've never been to Bonaire, thanks for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.

@Cruzin Terri Happy Birthday to Jim.🎂

@sailingdutchy Happy Brithday to Martha.🎂

@kazu  Good luck with Ivan, I hope it works out for both of you.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, richwmn said:

To repeat a note I have mentioned several times. The days to acknowledge (celebrate) come from two website that I don't have available to me right now. I don't know where they got the lists. It is also possible that things are country specific.

Thank you Rich @richwmn.

Your hard work and dedication to this thread is much appreciated.

I googled and several sites mentioned November but Stress day should be every day as it was primarily long term work stress causing HBP which was the primary cause of my heart attack on December 18th 2019.

I have been following your amazing live from cruise which is something I would love to do when Pauline retires.

Regards.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie.  A chilly morning in Maryland today, about 48F/9C at the moment going up to 68/20 today and HOT by the end of the week.  I've been to Kralendijk twice, both times on BHB, Maasdam in 2015 and Koningsdam in 2017.  Today will be stressful for those in the US who have not yet filed their taxes.  Jugglers are a breed onto themselves, I mostly remember Luke Burrage who was a HAL mainstay for at least a few years.  I saw St. Peter's Basilica just once before boarding an Allure of the Seas transatlantic several years ago.  The Ziti sounds nice,  My alternative is Chilled Raspberry Soup, Fruit Ceviche and Vegetable Lasagna as served on MS Amsterdam April 18, 2014.

I did watch MS Zaandam arriving in Fort Lauderdale this morning, the penultimate arrival of the season.

image.thumb.png.5dfa82c599ff278cccf1035c9cb51b61.png

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

I've finished the treadmill (2.5 miles) and my breakfast and brushed teeth.  DH is going to drop me off at our gym since it's right here in the neighborhood, and he will go to get a blood draw without me along.  I can walk home after I work out my legs muscles and a few light arm machines.  He changed meds last month and they want to check his blood work again.  So talk about being exercise day!

No need for anyone to stress about when stress awareness day is.  I know for a fact April is stress awareness month and then we can have stress awareness day again November.  It's that important!  And Rich @richwmn I have noticed all the websites that tout the days to celebrate/commemorate have discrepancies all the time.  No one can agree completely so don't worry about what they say.  We all have plenty of things to discuss no matter what day it is!

Happy birthday wishes to Jim, Terri's DH  @Cruzin Terri and Martha, Tony's DW  @sailingdutchy.   Have a wonderful time celebrating!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdPzZ1ku2eDXQKyrosV6RmaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1678630350

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1