The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 18th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

34 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

When I saw the Doctor he was unsure if the problem was a fungus or a bacteria, and he prescribed 2 things.  cefuroxime axetil for the bacteria, and triamcinolone acetonide if it was fungal.  I think in my case it was fungal, and I would be careful about specifically suggesting either of those drugs.

Roy

Thanks, Roy.  She is convinced nothing works for it and won't bring it up to her doctor because nothing works.  

• Like 4

DH needs the  computer to do his end of day.  The small lung spot got smaller, the large one, got larger, and it does not show as cancer,  SO CT scans every 4 months for a  year, then every 6 months.  but if  it continues to grow they will do a biopsy. Alaska here I come.  He said (the doc) this was good news, but could be a false negative. BUt he will take what he knows, and I'm good to go.  Follow up scheduled, and CT scan to be scheduled.  Thanks for the well wishes and prayers.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So I think we have a positive ID on a piano bar on Volendam. We just walked through a few minutes ago. The very charismatic singer was doing Elton John’s Piano Man, singing the verses and coaching/coaxing and expecting audience participation on the choruses. 

Thanks, @TiogaCruiser. Now, If I never hear Piano Man again it will still be too soon, but this certainly looks like it has more potential than Billboard Onboard. The musician should be facing the public, though. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@kazu I sure hope Ivan works out for you.

I've been remiss on my progress reports.  Despite all the mowing and the Doctor's appointment I fared reasonably well last night I was perhaps a bit more tired than usual by evening and did doze off early but not too bad and I slept extremely well.

The Podiatrist worked out well today.  The appointment was 9:30 and I arrived a bit before 9:20.  I was quickly checked in, just sat in the waiting room when I was called to the exam room.  It was less than 5 minutes before the Doctor arrived, looked at the foot, felt some pulses, and I was free with no followups until my regular appointment in June.  I was out of the office at 9:32.

Sometimes the truth seems almost stranger than fiction.  I got a call out of the blue from my Pulmonologist mid afternoon, and he briefed me on last week's ct scan.  While I thought his interpretation might have had a somewhat different take than the Oncologist they were virtually identical.  Now I can't make this up.  Next thing he asked me if I had an upcoming appoint and when I said "tomorrow morning" then "well, I guess we don't need that" so at this point I have no medical appointments until June but there are some things I need to schedule, as well as a hair cut.

Roy

Roy, your news is indeed good news.  It sounds like you are pretty far along in your recovery.  I also agree that beginning with short walks and increasing the distance slowly will help built yournstrength and stamina.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

DH needs the  computer to do his end of day.  The small lung spot got smaller, the large one, got larger, and it does not show as cancer,  SO CT scans every 4 months for a  year, then every 6 months.  but if  it continues to grow they will do a biopsy. Alaska here I come.  He said (the doc) this was good news, but could be a false negative. BUt he will take what he knows, and I'm good to go.  Follow up scheduled, and CT scan to be scheduled.  Thanks for the well wishes and prayers.

Annie, I know we are all relieved at your news, but not nearly as relieved as you are.  If the doctor wasn't confident in his findings, he would have told you to canceln he cruise.  Now, get a good night's sleep amd start enjoying preparing for your cruise.  You will definitely enjoy the cruise more now that the dark shadow of worry has been lifted.  I couldn't be happier for you.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Lots of people wearing orange. 

BC5AE57C-3A0C-4EA5-8386-1A5D9B08936D.thumb.jpeg.0347ec716fd58ba288fcdb609abec251.jpeg

The piano lounge that I go to for trivia is next to Mix, it’s sort of an open area between the two. Trivia has been held there but it’s called Mix in the program. I’ve not heard anyone playing it yet but I don’t frequent it unless it’s trivia. Back in the day it was more closed off and Mix was the Sports Bar. Even the shops area nearby is more open than the last time I was onboard. But that was 22 years ago so lots of changes since then. But I still love this ship and the smallness. You can actually look up and down the corridor from your cabin and see all the elevators. 

What a lovely photo Sharon.

Graham.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good news.

I'm pleased for you.

Graham.

• Like 2