OLife Ulimate- Worth It?

marion10

31 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I guess tell him you want the YWC  discount   for the other excursions

Or just call the 1 800 number & hope you get a rep that knows what you are talking about 😉

@LHT28  I have a suggestion.  The YWC Discount is one of the many things that you taught me about Oceania.  That topic, with many of the other hints should be pinned on the very beginning of this Oceania Blog.  Other topics could be "Oceania Air" with deviation and other fees. The drink package would be another one.  

I am only suggesting this because of the many questions that are asked over and over again especially right now with so many new guest booking Oceania like myself.  One of the biggest complaints of Oceania is it is complicated.  The normal response is it is only complicated at first.  This pinned article could share some strategy on navigating when new to Oceania.  Just a thought.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

6 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@LHT28  I have a suggestion.  The YWC Discount is one of the many things that you taught me about Oceania.  That topic, with many of the other hints should be pinned on the very beginning of this Oceania Blog.  Other topics could be "Oceania Air" with deviation and other fees. The drink package would be another one.  

I am only suggesting this because of the many questions that are asked over and over again especially right now with so many new guest booking Oceania like myself.  One of the biggest complaints of Oceania is it is complicated.  The normal response is it is only complicated at first.  This pinned article could share some strategy on navigating when new to Oceania.  Just a thought.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

A good thought   but only Admin or the CC host can pin a thread

There used to be more topics pinned in the forum but  when they upgraded the  forums they disappeared

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2023 at 9:42 AM, Robson1 said:

I just went through something similar and for us it made much more sense to go with OLife Choice and the $600 OBC. 

- The OLife drinks package is just Beer and Wine but also only at lunch and dinner. I drink spirits and always after dinner, so I would have to

upgrade at $30 per day to the full package. 

- My wife doesn’t drink so there would be no value in the included drinks on her side.

- Our itinerary stops are mostly just self explore type destinations. I priced up some independent tours and it ultimately works out better. 

Olife Ultimate would have been $2,400 more however I would have needed pay an additional $360 for the drinks upgrade. Taking the Choice option with $600 OBC just leaves us with $840 additional for the Prestige drinks package for one. In theory $1,560 cash saving for tours which we won’t come near to spending. 

I'm new to considering Oceania. (in Australia) 

If Beverage package is only beer and wine, What is coffee and cocktails included under (non beer and wine drinker)?

What should I look out for in specials comparing with just basic cruise fare, eg excursions ?

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm new to considering Oceania. (in Australia) 

If Beverage package is only beer and wine, What is coffee and cocktails included under (non beer and wine drinker)?

What should I look out for in specials comparing with just basic cruise fare, eg excursions ?

Thank you.

All non-alcoholic beverages are included with your cruise...no beverage package necessary.   The House Select package (which is one of the OLife choices) includes beer, wine during lunch and dinner.  The Prestige Beverage package includes all alcoholic options (except for a few top shelf liquors) at any time and at any venue.

2 minutes ago, basor said:

All non-alcoholic beverages are included with your cruise...no beverage package necessary.   The House Select package (which is one of the OLife choices) includes beer, wine during lunch and dinner.  The Prestige Beverage package includes all alcoholic options (except for a few top shelf liquors) at any time and at any venue.

Thank you. I’ll be happy with coffee or tea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

FWIW: the search feature here on CC works well (particularly if you remember the unit of Boolean inquiry in basic college algebra).

I mention this because I have posted several “‘sticky’ worthy detailed posts on maximizing the combo of O Life and YWYW. 
Since we may not see those or other detailed (and correct) tutorials ever listed as a “sticky,” it would help if those with extensive O knowledge more often suggested using the Search feature.

7 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

FWIW: the search feature here on CC works well (particularly if you remember the unit of Boolean inquiry in basic college algebra).

I mention this because I have posted several “‘sticky’ worthy detailed posts on maximizing the combo of O Life and YWYW. 
Since we may not see those or other detailed (and correct) tutorials ever listed as a “sticky,” it would help if those with extensive O knowledge more often suggested using the Search feature.

The one item I recognise on here is a sticky so I’ll do a search there.  I’ll also search Roll Calls after I settle on one cruise destination.  At the moment Im like a kid in a lolly shop, so please bare with me!

On 4/18/2023 at 7:42 PM, Robson1 said:

I just went through something similar and for us it made much more sense to go with OLife Choice and the $600 OBC. 

- The OLife drinks package is just Beer and Wine but also only at lunch and dinner. I drink spirits and always after dinner, so I would have to

upgrade at $30 per day to the full package. 

- My wife doesn’t drink so there would be no value in the included drinks on her side.

- Our itinerary stops are mostly just self explore type destinations. I priced up some independent tours and it ultimately works out better. 

Olife Ultimate would have been $2,400 more however I would have needed pay an additional $360 for the drinks upgrade. Taking the Choice option with $600 OBC just leaves us with $840 additional for the Prestige drinks package for one. In theory $1,560 cash saving for tours which we won’t come near to spending. 

If you are just taking the $600 OBC option, isn’t it better for you to just book the cruise for $600 less without OLife?  Or was that option not offered to you?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Psoque said:

If you are just taking the $600 OBC option, isn’t it better for you to just book the cruise for $600 less without OLife?  Or was that option not offered to you?

Hi Psoque,

It was, however in my situation it makes no difference as I will be paying $840 for the full beverage package and $432 in gratuities regardless. In fact, The $600 OBC has already been applied. If I didn't choose to buy the beverage package then the cash saving would have been better, as it would effectively leave me with $168 cash to spend as I please after budgeting $432 gratuities.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 4:07 PM, SATaxman said:

Since I booked this cruise on-line, and was contacted by a guy from Oceania, I guess he is "my rep"? He also booked all of the excursions so far. Never explained the 25% off. All I knew is that any 6 of them under $200 count as the 6 "included". Had no idea that the others could be 25% off. I will email him about this. Thanks everyone. 

You also can transfer the booking to a Travel Agrnt. Many get you additional perks. Ours oftrn gets us prepaid gratuities. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

You also can transfer the booking to a Travel Agrnt. Many get you additional perks. Ours oftrn gets us prepaid gratuities. 

I thought you had to transfer to a TA within 30 days of reserving.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2023 at 5:55 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Wrong. The O Life excursions option has the capacity to double its value by selecting the most expensive of the O Life allowable tours (I.e., $<200). Moreover, the O Life tour selections qualify in meeting the minimum tour purchases required for the YWYW 25% discount on additional paid tours. In most cases, the O Life tours option provides the most added value.

As I pointed out above, O air for bizclass can easily end up costing more than DIY.

Considering O.  Have previously always selected OBC, but since shorex provides better value, my question:

re: Olife shorex -- 4 or more tours.  Can one select 3 higher priced tours, and  purchase 4th+ lower priced tours at 25% discount ?  Thanks

8 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Considering O.  Have previously always selected OBC, but since shorex provides better value, my question:

re: Olife shorex -- 4 or more tours.  Can one select 3 higher priced tours, and  purchase 4th+ lower priced tours at 25% discount ?  Thanks

Yes.  O's algorithm automatically selects the highest priced included tours first, leaving the rest subject to the YWC discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Yes.  O's algorithm automatically selects the highest priced included tours first, leaving the rest subject to the YWC discount.

As long as the “higher” priced tours are allowable O Life ones (I.e., <$200 and no letter designations, e.g., OS, OE, etc)

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Almost always, O Life SBC has zero added value. What extra you pay per cabin is the SBC per cabin you’d receive. 
The only time O Life SBC has any semblance of value is when it’s one of the very rare circumstances when the Passport tours package is a better deal than the combo of O Life tours and YWYW added tours. It happens but not often.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

As long as the “higher” priced tours are allowable O Life ones (I.e., <$200 and no letter designations, e.g., OS, OE, etc)

Yes, of course. I said " included tours" meaning that.

• Like 1

Hi,

We were on an O cruise where they didn't offer the  YWYW discount.  We finally figured out the best way to use our 4 "free".  It may have saved us $125 pp in total on the trip. You never know.  

We chose  to go on only Oceania excursions on that cruise because it was South Africa and we weren't sure about local vendors. In Europe we usually book privately. 

Oceania passengers don't always join the CC groups so it's difficult to find others to go on private excursions. 

17 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

We have the 4 free excursions on an upcoming cruise. Do you know if we can just pay the extra $$ to go on an OS category excursion? I see an excursion for $250 that I like; could I just pay the extra $50 to go on the OS one? I have a call to find out  but haven't heard back yet.

Thank you for all your help

Loretta

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, harlor said:

We have the 4 free excursions on an upcoming cruise. Do you know if we can just pay the extra $$ to go on an OS category excursion? I see an excursion for $250 that I like; could I just pay the extra $50 to go on the OS one? I have a call to find out  but haven't heard back yet.

Loretta

Unless I’m misunderstanding your question, I think only the “standard” excursions that cost $199 or less are eligible to be counted for your “free” excursion.  My suggestion is to log in to your profile and add your desired excursions to your cart and price them out.  Make sure you look at different pricing from “tour price” “unlimited” and “your world” scenarios (have to click on one of three radio buttons).  This will tell you how much “savings” you get from the OLife add-on.  If the “savings” is less than what you paid for the OLife add-on, you should consider asking your TA to remove that option.  Most likely, your savings should be a lot more than the cost of OLife.

Edited by Psoque
changed

36 minutes ago, harlor said:

Loretta

Basically, NO.

if O cancels one of your chosen allowable O Life tours, you could opt for getting the base $100/O Life tour money as a non-refundable SBC credit on your shipboard account and then use it to pay some of the cost of another tour that is not O Life allowable.