Do you fold or trim your printed luggage tags?

zitsky

On 4/18/2023 at 8:50 PM, zitsky said:

I note they say to fold. I don’t see why.  I miss getting tags in the mail.

We fold them as instructed and before we insert them into plastic holders, we highlight pertinent information on the tags to make it easier for the porters. 

Now I’m stuck trying to find decent luggage tags (for our name/ phone number) because everyone says theirs are junk.

I notice my Viking luggage tags are in great shape but the little plastic ones I buy get torn off.

Edited by zitsky

I use the plastic holders as well... then at the end of the cruise.. I place the baggage tags in them. One cruise our bag was not where it should have been .. can't recall if the tag had ..some how.. come off. But with the plastic tags that hasn't happened again

4 hours ago, Pickels said:

We fold them as instructed and before we insert them into plastic holders, we highlight pertinent information on the tags to make it easier for the porters

I'm sure that makes it easier for the person who leaves your luggage at the door, I was told (not sure how true it is but makes logical sense) all the porters really do is load them onto the ship then the crew takes over baggage handling

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I don't " hold 'em " ----I don't 'fold em "-----I know when to " walk away " -----

LOL---As soon as the Porter puts on the tags and thanks me for the $ 5.00 tip ( $7.00 Canadian ).

And, I'm not slowing the " process " --- There's lots of Porters to assist.

LOL

I used to be on team let the porters do it, yet two fairly cruises on the Solstices in L.A. and a Carnival ship in Long Beach, they're making you wait in line so that one person can validate your name against your room number from a printed list.  That could be a very long line unless you board late.  They used to let the porters use blank tags they would write your room number on

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'm sure that makes it easier for the person who leaves your luggage at the door, I was told (not sure how true it is but makes logical sense) all the porters really do is load them onto the ship then the crew takes over baggage handling

Hi NutsAboutGolf, I really meant the cruise staff getting your luggage to your cabin, sorry about the wrong name! 😉

• Like 1

These have worked for us for many cruises.  I especially like the stainless steel wire connection.

Also when I first saw this topic on CC I thought it would be limited but so enjoying all the chatter about our luggage tags.  Some good laughs also.

Cruise Luggage Tags for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise Essentials in 2023-2024

Amazon'sChoicein Luggage Tags by Jollyants

Lowest price in 30 days
-13% $6.74$6.74 ($1.35$1.35 / Count)
Was: $7.74$7.74 

13 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

They used to let the porters use blank tags they would write your room number on

As recently as this past February ( Equinox ) and March ( Edge ), they just asked for our cabin number .

No name, no Grandmother's maiden name, or even whether we are Leaf fans.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

As recently as this past February ( Equinox ) and March ( Edge ), they just asked for our cabin number .

No name, no Grandmother's maiden name, or even whether we are Leaf fans.

Moral of the story, don't sail out of San Pedro (L.A.) if NOT waiting in a luggage tag line is important to you

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you go to Amazon, enter laminator and sort by price, they can be had for under $20 shipped 

We've had a laminator for ages, but in the last couple of decades they have some up with self sealing lamination sheets. Search Amazaon or eBay for self sealing lamination. Basically clear sheets with sticky stuff on the insides. Never used them myself as we have had a thermal laminator for almost 30 years. 

Everyone who travels internationally should have laminated copies of their passport info pages along with them. We have both full sized and miniaturized versions of ours. If you ever lose your passport, having that information will make it much easier and quicker to get a replacement as one of the item you need is proof of citizenship, which a copy of your passport provides.  

19 minutes ago, drowelf said:

We've had a laminator for ages, but in the last couple of decades they have some up with self sealing lamination sheets. Search Amazaon or eBay for self sealing lamination. Basically clear sheets with sticky stuff on the insides. Never used them myself as we have had a thermal laminator for almost 30 years. 

Everyone who travels internationally should have laminated copies of their passport info pages along with them. We have both full sized and miniaturized versions of ours. If you ever lose your passport, having that information will make it much easier and quicker to get a replacement as one of the item you need is proof of citizenship, which a copy of your passport provides.  

International hotels only require a picture of your passport.  For myself, the lesser of all evils is have as few physical copies of sensitive data as possible

On 4/19/2023 at 6:44 PM, DebInAntigua said:

Am I a rebel? I print out double the number of tags needed, fill in the last name field, cut them out and then put them into plastic luggage tag holders so both sides include my name. That means that the Celebrity logo and brand X is cut off. We assume that every porter knows which ship is the APEX but let me know if I'm living too dangerously. 

I put a black and white copy of room tag inside every checked bag in case outside one gets torn off..makes it easy to figure out where bag goes.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 5:00 PM, jules815 said:

Are the Celebrity tags the same size as RC?  I bought plastic holders for our last RC cruise in 2016, but haven't sailed with them since then. Just found the holders in the side pocket of a suitcase the other day.

YES they are and fir very well! 

I fold and put into the plastic holders for cruise lines. I bought mine on Amazon. It was $6.74 for five with the stainless steel wire loops. They worked great. Previously I just folded and taped the luggage tags and stapled them but that meant packing a stapler. Using the plastic holders means one less thing to pack and they're reusable. 

Here's the link to the ones I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q94FLCC