Power Outlets

bjlaac

I know they are enforcing the ban on extension cords, at least at cape liberty which results in a shortage of outlets.  Has anyone used the european outlet on the Anthem with and adapter and is it 115V or 220V? 

Thanks

6 hours ago, bjlaac said:

I know they are enforcing the ban on extension cords, at least at cape liberty which results in a shortage of outlets.  Has anyone used the european outlet on the Anthem with and adapter and is it 115V or 220V? 

Thanks

You can't have a cord, but you can have an adaptor 

https://www.amazon.com/Non-Surge-Protector-Cruise-Essentials/dp/B082FJXVW6

• Like 1

Someone from another site told me to buy an euro adapter which doesn't have surge protector on it. I did. They are on Amazon for like $12.99 and it has 2 USB spots as well. To be able to make the most out of the euro outlet on board. I think this actually answers your question.

https://www.amazon.com/European-Adapter-TESSAN-International-Adaptor/dp/B07FJWLLDB/ref=sr_1_2?crid=MZV0E3LOD70W&keywords=euro%2Bconverters%2Band%2Badapters%2Bfor%2Btravel&qid=1681836146&sprefix=euro%2Bcon%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-2&th=1

You can also use a multi-tap to increase the number of outlets without having a cord. 

There are basic types like this:

03195250.jpg.8fd683cf1ddb92d61ae03904d57f8bbc.jpg

Or this:

03195251.jpg.d823923f8338a4d689f7a5af9da66c3f.jpg

Or fancier ones that also incorporate USB ports:

514P7B35BML._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.643db9144ac4fcba7673f4a8b493b4e2.jpg

Or if you have a lot of USB-charged items, you can get a multi-port hub to get a lot of outlets from one USB port:

61-sIyAnuAL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.4e46f20657e3d57382085e700e471d71.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is what we bought and everything plugs into it with either a USB or plug. It’s small and we’ve not only used it on ships, but everywhere we’ve been in Europe. In the past we’ve had a couple of devices burn out when we plugged into European outlets so we bought this with a surge protector

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E140XWA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

In the past we’ve had a couple of devices burn out when we plugged into European outlets so we bought this with a surge protector

As far as we know devices with surge protectors are not allowed on cruise ships.

• Like 2

By extension chord does this include even an adapter with a very short chord say 1 foot long?

Also by "ban", does this mean they are searching your luggage and confiscating them on boarding?  Or they just take them if they find them in your cabin?

If so why - I've not experienced this on any other cruise line?

Edited by Javert1969

5 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

Since cabins have a European plug - buy one of these and make use of that outlet 

1-Pack] European Travel Plug Adapter with USB C, VINTAR Canada to Europe Plug  Adapter with 1 USB C, 2 USB Ports and 4 American Outlets, European Plug  Adapter for US to Most

And something similar is here

These Type C euro to US adapters are all you really need, they will give you 3 US plugs and USB ports.

Keep in mind that they are only plug adapters... NOT CONVERTERS. They will work well for charging phones, camera batteries, laptops, etc., but will not work for hair dryers or such.

This adapter will give you 3 plugs plus the 2 US plugs in the room, for a total of 5.

If you really need more, the plug in post #4 is also a winner.

Do they sell any of this stuff on the ship or at ports?  I am leaving already tomorrow morning from the UK and it's a bit late to re-jig things.

I already have an adapter and a plug with 4 USB ports so we will manage but it's not ideal as we will also have a laptop.

Also just to check - there are 2 US plugs and one Euro plug in each room?

22 minutes ago, Javert1969 said:

Do they sell any of this stuff on the ship or at ports?  I am leaving already tomorrow morning from the UK and it's a bit late to re-jig things.

Check at the airports -- they should have electronics stores that will sell expanders/adaptors.

A small desk fan will burn out if you use an adapter only.  You need to get one that actually converts the 220 to 110.  Found this out the hard way... Bought something similar to Post #10 above and have had no issues with the fan since.  The one I got was a small converter (200 watt), not big enough to run a hair dryer (which would probably require a 2000 watt capacity).

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Oops, I meant converter, not surge protector….thanks for picking that up…it’s still early 😁

However, the link you provided states the unit is surge protected, and should not be used on a ship, whether it is ever confiscated or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Javert1969 said:

By extension chord does this include even an adapter with a very short chord say 1 foot long?

Also by "ban", does this mean they are searching your luggage and confiscating them on boarding?  Or they just take them if they find them in your cabin?

If so why - I've not experienced this on any other cruise line?

I've seen them take cords on Royal, naughty table had few on them also

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

for those that need a fan or cpap machine by the bed, what do you use? i doubt the ship provides a cord

I gest an extension cord from the ship and I have one of the little adaptors in my prior post to split into multiple plugs and USB ports.