The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 23rd, 2023

StLouisCruisers

43 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  I do like macaroni and cheese but not the spinach and artichoke.  I do like English muffins but only get them at the bread outlet, they are so much cheaper there.  Today is going to be a rainy day.  Yesterday we watched the first six episodes of season 3 of Picard.  The plan is to finish the season today.  I hope everyone has a Sunday.

image.png.7e80dbffc3e3d951ad5fd0bd4fb55a80.png

Last night our entire dinner conversation  centered around Picard as everyone  had seen the last episode. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• Like 17

One day at a time is Everything!  Here in Maryland just north of Washington DC it is cool and lovely out. We’re heading to the Kennedy Center this afternoon for National Symphony, one of the many reasons we decided to move here from New Mexico 2 years ago. It turns out that it’s not that easy for us to get into downtown DC but still doable. It takes us at least an hour and a half so we’ll allow 2 hrs. Not bad on a Sunday afternoon but harder on a weeknight like we’ll do Thursday and get home after 11 which I don’t care for. But at least we can use our tickets this time!  Had to give away two sets of tickets last month after bringing COVID back from our family cruise on Rotterdam. So disruptive. Today will be good!  

Very Happy Birthday wishes to Annie @marshhawk and Charlene @cunnorl 🎂🎂

🙏Sending out blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope.  And a breather for Terry and Tana, @smitty34877  Thinking too of @luvteaching…. And Roy, @rafinmd it should be a good day for a walk, a little at a time!  

🥂 Congratulations to all celebrating milestones, Life is Good!  Your celebrations remind us on our tougher days that we’ve all come through them to get where we’re are!  

Smooth travels to all away from home, and happy, healthy cruising to all aboard. Shoutout to Vanessa @JazzyV, hope your knee is healing and you are settling in comfortably. Enjoy it all! 

@grapau27 Graham, thanks for Fr David’s message. We’ll miss him!  Keep us updated if you hear anything from him along his pilgrimage… that’s a pretty far piece to cover in just 3 weeks!  I hope he has a support system along his way. Maybe this is a common path?  Tell us what you can.  Sounds like a life-changing event. Will keep him in my prayers!  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers many thanks for keeping us going and for the PNG photos!  And thanks to all who share here: your presence is a gift!  
Maureen  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

It's the start of Fleet Week in Fort Lauderdale. Here's the USS New York steaming" into Port Everglades a few minutes ago.

* I know that she's not really stealing, but a fella likes to use his words.

PXL_20230423_121628459~2.jpg

Edited by POA1
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

Thanks for the Daily and fleet report, and the port photos, @StLouisCruisers.   Seeing the many carved pumpkins 🎃 on the ship made me smile. 

Thanks for the sermons, @grapau27

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!   Prayers for all in need, cheers and smiles for those with good news. 

PS:  @portofrome, it’s always nice to see you post!  Makes me wish I were there! 

You are very welcome @ocean sounds.

It is nice to see how many people like Father David on here and post their  thanks which I pass on to him.

I spoke to Father David before church and he is flying to Barcelona this week then a car journey before he ends with a 190 mile pilgrimage walk planned ending in  Rome in 3 week's.

His friend is taking our church services for the next 3 week's so there will be no more sermons for 3 week's.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

@marshhawk and @cunnorl  Happy Birthday!!  

Happy Birthday Flowers Images – Browse 320,419 Stock Photos, Vectors, and  Video | Adobe Stock

We are getting ready to head up to Holland to enjoy the tulips.   I know there are a lot in bloom because a movie starring Nicole Kidman is going to start filming in Holland and the TV news use the tulips as a backdrop to their stories.

Sandi and Rich, thanks for starting us off with the Daily and Fleet Reports.   @StLouisCruisers thanks for the photos of Alotau,  the port photos remind of of Icoarci where we arrived to go to Belem by bus.  Really poor.   I will pass on everything in the comestible department.   Too high in carbs and too hard to get.   

@smitty34877 it sounds like they are trying to get Tana's oxygen situation straightened out.  I hope they keep the back up tanks there permanently.    Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine.    Have a nice Sunday!   Nancy 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You are very welcome @ocean sounds.

It is nice to see how many people like Father David on here and post their  thanks which I pass on to him.

I spoke to Father David before church and he is flying to Barcelona this week then a car journey before he ends with a 190 mile pilgrimage walk planned ending in  Rome in 3 week's.

His friend is taking our church services for the next 3 week's so there will be no more sermons for 3 week's.

Graham.

Thank you for the further explanation of Fr David’s journey 🙏. M—

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

USS Cole docked at where HAL usually docks when they have 2 ships in port, just a short walk from the mid port garage.

IMG_0004.png

Opps, that’s the USS New York there, the Cole is docked right in front of her but the Beyond is blocking the view.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

USS Cole docked at where HAL usually docks when they have 2 ships in port, just a short walk from the mid port garage.

Nice photo!

Are you sure that's the Cole? The hull number is 21.  (Google could be lying to me though.)

Of course, I could have missed the Cole. I'm waiting for this year's submarine.

PXL_20230423_121628459~3.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a very windy day at the beach

Wicked thunderstorms came in overnite and brought some much needed rain. Now it is windy but suppose to warm up later.

I like English muffins, in fact had some this morning.  Not a fan of macs and cheese. Had it every day when I was in college, swore I would never eat it again graduation and I havent.

Went to Papua on our last trip. It was a substituted port. We just walked around. It was very hot. The performers by the ship stayed there all day!

@marshhawk A very Happy Birthday to you!  

Thank you all for my Birthday wishes. It is much appreciated. 

DH is cooking scallops today ( my favorite). DS is cleaning my car. Told him, that would be the best present. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

I was checking out the Port Everglades webcam this AM and just caught the USS Cole coming into port. ... I messed up and forgot to take a screen shot.

If you go to https://www.portfever.com/  you can see the archived shots. The USS Cole can be seen arriving from 7:13 (#434) to 7:39 (#460). Some shots include the sailors. 

Edited by Cruise Suzy
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Hello from Ireland. 😁  I like the sound of all the days, the food and drink.  Happy birthday to Annie and Charlene.  My father knew a lot more times tables than I ever learned because of pounds, shillings and pence, also guineas, and I’m not sure why, but he was very fond of the 14 times table!  Decimalization has made life so much easier… 

The weather here has been very changeable.  One minute the sun is out, the next it is cold and raining.  We are back at the very comfortable International Hotel at Cork airport for a couple of nights before we leave.  I think Pat has had enough driving on the left, I am a nervous wreck, and  the car beeps at him every time he gets close to a bush or anything on the side of these narrow roads.  So he’ll return the car this afternoon, walk back across the parking lot to the hotel, and tomorrow we’ll just take the bus into Cork city.  We had nice visits with friends and family, now we are ready to go home.  

• Like 32

36 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Nice photo!

Are you sure that's the Cole? The hull number is 21.  (Google could be lying to me though.)

Of course, I could have missed the Cole. I'm waiting for this year's submarine.

PXL_20230423_121628459~3.jpg

I corrected it on my post, that’s the USS New York.

I was able to get a glimpse of the Cole as she was docking.

IMG_0003.png

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, everyone!

@cunnorl and @marshhawk 

HappyBirthday1.thumb.jpeg.965c7b8e885d7ce2cdd34021e7b92224.jpeg

Enjoy your day, ladies!

Sue reports it is snowing up at her rental.  She will only be there for one more week.  Next Saturday she moves in here for good.  Yesterday her son called her and berated her for selling his childhood home.  Then he asked for money.  He spent all his on booze.  She said no.  Then he asked her if she could take all his stuff she's been asking him to come get down here and store it here because he didn't feel like coming to get it.  He's only known he had to for the last six months.  She said no.  He's going through some rough times, mostly self inflicted.  It is hard for Sue to watch this, but nothing she can do to change it.  He has to do that.  Hopefully, he will decide he wants to make that change soon.  

I'm with Charlene @cunnorl on today's meal.  Too many carbs anyways.  I'll stick with my fish and veggies.  For those who love a good mac and cheese, this first recipe uses a combination of cheddar and mozzarella.  https://tasty.co/recipe/spinach-artichoke-mac-cheese

spinachartichokemacandcheese1.jpg.66e9e355185fba0c8d2728e3bae9bb72.jpg

This next one is described as the coming together of spinach artichoke dip and mac and cheese.  Well, someone will give it a try!  https://www.wellplated.com/spinach-artichoke-mac-and-cheese/

spinachartichokemacandcheese3.thumb.jpg.c95ee4b02dcddd1bb25f49bc412b75db.jpg

The last one from the food network comes loaded with calories (1220) and carbs (100g) per serving.  I guess for a special occasion?   That carb count is my daily limit.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/spinach-and-artichoke-mac-and-cheese-12342994

spinachartichokemacandcheese2.jpeg.113cec34317f3ddede637523a8d54b27.jpeg

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Although I will certainly celebrate Lovers Day, it is also World Book Day.  40A75B2D-5DEB-4314-8B00-D5396CA9360A.webp.1bd1833fb7002e4d0a40fede1b9c12fe.webpI am a reader and will recommend two excellent books for you.96C19037-C4A6-43E6-8DA3-AB9140C8E5F6.jpeg.f74fbe274c42d05a9d624e701a0c4692.jpeg

Elizabeth is a brilliant chemist who is forced to become a TV chef to support her child.  It focuses on women’s struggle for equality in the early 60s.  

I am looking forward to my South America and Antarctica cruise in January so I have recently been reading about the Endurance.  I loved all the photos in this book.2AB3BEF9-6047-4876-9A68-74D623648DD4.jpeg.e669c58c181b843f8e6b683e798517ca.jpeg

9120A39B-2D47-4C9B-8800-6A4AB91D9B64.jpeg.99c038d85bc45d9db5cee7886a51f1bd.jpeg

I love mac & cheese and spinach & artichoke dip.  What a combination; I can’t imagine how many calories are in this dish but would be happy to have a small serving.

Thanks to all the Daily contributors.  Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good morning all,

it is getting real, my boarding time showed up in the middle of the night for my May 6 cruise on N S (please add me to the list @superoma). The time is 1:00. I do have Club Orange so have priority boarding but am a little hesitant to show up earlier if they don’t know what to do with it and I have to wait around for my time. This one is tough to pack for since there will be at least 2 different weather patterns. Time  to test the new luggage if I can get the Velcro apart!

I love English muffins and Mac n cheese. Many times in my life I felt my body was carrying brain around. Too cold for a picnic but the wind has died down so I will take Molly for a walk today. 

Today is the celebration of life for my friends son. It will be very difficult but I will be there for her. 

Prayers for those on the prayer list. Happy Birthday @marshhawk and @cunnorl .  Happy travels for those lucky ones sailing away. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Tug boat "water ballet" to welcome the Navy. Fleet Week in Fort Lauderdale leads up to the Fort Lauderdale Air Show next weekend.

PXL_20230423_135638484~2.jpg

PXL_20230423_135518935~2.jpg

Edited by POA1
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  So much news in two pages!  

@smitty34877I kept trying to find out if the problem was resolved yesterday, and I guess it has been, but what a scary day for you all.  You were in my thoughts and prayers.

@grapau27Again, thank you for bringing Father David to us, and I wish him well on his pilgrimage. 

@StLouisCruisers I think it's wonderful you can wake up that early every morning and get the Daily started, but this might be why you are not sleeping well.  Make sure you get nap time!

@0106 The Endurance is one of my favorite books.  And Shackleton is  my hero.

@kochleffelThank you for sharing the story of the unicorn cat.  He is adorable.!  

I was right about that lunch yesterday, that was the meal of the day.  I was still full at dinner time, DH worked until 9, and I played on the computer.  I had a really good sale, all set up for yesterday, and found out that the computer didn't accept debit cards, even if they said Visa on them.  So I have a call back set up for Wednesday, when the woman's personal assistant comes in, and finds the ladies real credit card..

I love English Muffins, and I love them with sausage cheese and egg.  I make that often if we have the muffins.  

Mac and cheese, I loved my mom's mac and cheese, never got her recipe since I was banned from the kitchen after burning up some biscuits.  Never got any recipes from her.

I think I may go on strike today and refuse to cook breakfast.  The only chore today is grocery shopping, and maybe a load of laundry. So maybe DH will take me out for a birthday breakfast.  I can only hope, but now I'm hungry and he is still sound asleep.

My BFF sent me information about my cruise and boarding information, so I guess I best read that, only 10 more days until we leave.  

Thank you for all the good birthday wishes

71Y2%2B5mdnLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

To all of you -

Thankyou-cat.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2