Transportation from Port Everglades to Disney World

Cruise a holic

Hi,

My husband and I will be sailing out of Port Everglades in January and meeting family in Disney World.  We do not want to rent a car to drive to Disney.  We ideally would like a car/van service.  Any suggestions that might be cost effective to travel?  We will be sailing on a Celebrity cruise ship. We will bring three piecs of luggage and a carry on.

Thanks.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We have done the reverse trip by car so I have no experience beyond that.  

However, I know of one couple that took this bus from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando: link  It's pretty cost effective, although I have not heard any feedback on this company.

I believe there is Amtrak train service between the two cities as well.

Edited by mahdnc

tried looking at the yellow planes- but they don't fly from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando- possibly the train .  Might have to drive ourselves.  But wouldn't enjoy that.  Thanks for your help .  Uber probably outrageous, if I could even find a driver willing to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceswithphones said:

The airline that flies the yellow planes has cheap flights from FLL to MCO. I don't want to say their name. Might be one of those Beetlejuice things. However, the price is right. 

As an aside, I flew on the "yellow" airline's cheaper brother from MIA to MCO.  Even booking on short notice and with a bunch of fees, it only cost about $90.  They have green planes, BTW. 🤑

• Haha 1

Since you mentioned cost-effective and car rental is not an option, either a train or scheduled bus.

There are some blue and green vans I see on 95 all the time but they travel at high speed and I just don’t trust them, but that’s me.

Either way, you will have to manage the transfers from Port to Station. In Orlando the family can meet you or you have to book that transfer as well.

Brightline will run by then and will be very convenient.Will take you to Terminal C at MCO.

Red Coach has nice buses and their depot is just to the northwest of MCO.

I was at MCO two days ago and ESCOT buses were dropping and loading large groups. Do look at them too as a long-distance option. I know they have weird schedules and routes

Edited by SteerageJoe

Define "cost effective"? In pretty much all cases you are looking at about $200. 1-way car rentals are not cheap. Van service for a 3-hour ride will be quite expensive. Flying adds the cost of shuttles. Brightline would run about $160 + shuttles. No matter how you slice it, you are going to spend at least $200 to get there.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 8:50 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Hi,

My husband and I will be sailing out of Port Everglades in January and meeting family in Disney World.  We do not want to rent a car to drive to Disney.  We ideally would like a car/van service.  Any suggestions that might be cost effective to travel?  We will be sailing on a Celebrity cruise ship. We will bring three piecs of luggage and a carry on.

Thanks.

Use the cruise line shuttle back to MCO and then Uber/Lyft to Disney.  If you are staying on Disney property, you can use Mears Connect to get to Disney resorts, just walk up.

When are you going? 

Brightline is starting soon. They showe $79 tickets, which is not bad. They have a station close to FLL you get dropped off at Orlando Airport and you can take a shuttlle/taxi/rideshare from there. 

Your other options are rent a car. 

Fly from FLL Silver Airways, Southwest, and Spirit all have flights. From MIA (30min drive) American and Delta fly to MCO. 

Take a bus: There are bus services from around South Florida to Orlando. 

A car service will be ridiculously expensive. 

On 5/1/2023 at 6:07 AM, Cruise a holic said:

We are sailing on celebrity.  Thought only disney has a cruise line shuttle from fll to mco?

DCL isn't sailing from Port Everglades yet, so there's no shuttle from FLL to MCO. I also doubt that service will exist when they do sail from Port Everglades.

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed Celebrity this past February and rented a car through National with a drop off at Disney Car Care. Upon disembarkation there was a small airport shuttle that dropped us off by Southwest Airlines. The elevators to the car rental were right there. Walked across the bridge to National. Took us 5-10 minutes. We took the tollway which had plenty of Oasis’ for stops. We stopped at Target Hunters Creek picked up a few things and headed to  the Polynesian. Unloaded at the Polynesian and went to the Car Center. They shuttled us back to the resort. We left FL at 10:30a and got to Disney 2-2:30 with 2 stops. It went much more smoothly than we expected. We would do it again. The Car Center also had Alamo and Enterprise. 

• Like 1