Cruise Air Question

MichelleR1963

Seat Guru  used to be  fairly good   but no longer

I found  https://www.seatmaestro.com/ 

but not many use it

also Seat link  but have not explored that one too much

I would  post on SG  so it would help others

Airline seat maps  give location of  amenities onboard   but never tell you if the seat will recline fully or  not 

they do not say if their is a wall or curtain between cabin classes  & other such things

JMO

27 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I found  https://www.seatmaestro.com/ 

but not many use it

On a quick look, it's even more out of date than SeatGuru. For British Airways, it still lists a 747 configuration that was retired 7 years ago (although both sites are guilty of listing aircraft that the airline no longer operates).

• Thanks 1

Seat Guru is now owned by Expedia (hello cruisecritic). I inquired if Expedia planned to update Seat Guru and the answer I received was No. I would expect that Expedia is just going to let seat guru die a slow painful death.

On 5/1/2023 at 1:51 PM, MichelleR1963 said:

Also, I read a 'tip' to select the aisle and window seats and hope no one chooses the middle seat.  Any thoughts on that?  

That is not always possible. E.g. KLM does not allow you to select seats that way, though there may be workarounds after the initial selection, if that is the case.

Edited by zdcatc12

2 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

That is not always possible. E.g. KLM does not allow you to select seats that way, though there may be workarounds after the initial selection, if that is the case.

Book tickets separately.

There is nothing that says that a couple HAS to have both tickets on the same reservation.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 10:03 AM, klfrodo said:

Seat Guru is now owned by Expedia (hello cruisecritic). I inquired if Expedia planned to update Seat Guru and the answer I received was No. I would expect that Expedia is just going to let seat guru die a slow painful death.

SG was at one time owned by IAC, which spun off Expedia.  Then, about a decade ago, Expedia spun off Trip Advisor, who is the current corporate parent of CC.

So there is no corporate connection between Expedia and CC anymore.

8 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Book tickets separately.

There is nothing that says that a couple HAS to have both tickets on the same reservation.

True!!! You got me there. I didn't even think of that.

49 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Book tickets separately.

But in general, a couple will probably lose more by doing this than they would gain by a small chance at the lucky dip for an empty middle seat.

11 hours ago, Globaliser said:

But in general, a couple will probably lose more by doing this than they would gain by a small chance at the lucky dip for an empty middle seat.

The economist in me says that life is a series of trade-offs.  Just pointing out how it CAN be done.

Whether it should be done is a matter of personal choice and evaluation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...