No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Pretty soon, the package will probably only include the crappy prosecco that Carnival serves... I bet there's going to be an uproar over this. I'd hate to be one of the poor bartenders or servers bearing the brunt of the complaints.

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Pretty soon, the package will probably only include the crappy prosecco that Carnival serves... I bet there's going to be an uproar over this. I'd hate to be one of the poor bartenders or servers bearing the brunt of the complaints.

I sail Monday May 1st on getaway when these changes start. I agree that I feel sorry for the bartenders that. Will be hearing complaints when it is out of  their control. My husband upgraded to the premium plus package as a gift to me since I really wanted the Veuve. We will be in Haven so I’m curious if they will have any leftover from current cruise. A current passenger on getaway said that they were still pouring Veuve. (Though changes would not have been in place yet)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Antimony said:

I don't see the Inniskillin ice wine on the new flyer either. The package is still worth it to me, but no Veuve and no Inniskillin is definitely a disappointment.

Oh man!  You're right!  I forgot about the ice wine.

• Like 2

Can't you still bring your own wine onboard? (And there's no corkage fee if you have the standard UBP). Not the same as them pouring it for you, I know, but you can still bring your own Veuve and drink it while on the ship. Better than nothing, and likely cheaper, too!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Can't you still bring your own wine onboard? (And there's no corkage fee if you have the standard UBP). Not the same as them pouring it for you, I know, but you can still bring your own Veuve and drink it while on the ship. Better than nothing, and likely cheaper, too!

I didn't know the corkage fee was waived for the package. That's definitely a good idea!  We usually pre-order Veuve so we can drink it from the balcony during sail away. First time getting the package, so it makes more sense to take our own now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dachengdao said:

I didn't know the corkage fee was waived for the package. That's definitely a good idea!  We usually pre-order Veuve so we can drink it from the balcony during sail away. First time getting the package, so it makes more sense to take our own now.

Should still be in effect, I just checked: https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#can-i-bring-alcohol-board

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sjacobs11 said:

Just checked in with our travel agent (so happy to have one!) and he told me that based on a discussion with NCL last week, "regular" Veuve is still included by the glass, but Veuve Rose is only available at Le Bistro while having dinner.

I hope this is the case, but an NCL agent told me last night that Veuve is no longer included. And the Rose is Pommery, not Veuve.

3 minutes ago, depplep said:

I'm bummed as we were going to upgrade our Free at Sea package because of the Veuve and the Starbucks. We don't travel until October.

Looks like only the coffee from Starbucks is included now. I wonder if that includes cappuccinos and lattes, but probably just means regular brewed.

7 minutes ago, depplep said:

Ok, I'm not seeing Miller Lite on this package. Houston, we have a problem here. 🤬

That just reminded me to check beers for hubby.  He still has some that he likes on the new list, but his favorite tequila, Patron Reposado, is no longer listed 😡. I feel for you Miller Lite fans because Bud Light is not comparable.

17 minutes ago, dachengdao said:

Looks like only the coffee from Starbucks is included now. I wonder if that includes cappuccinos and lattes, but probably just means regular brewed.

As far as I can see the coffee hasn't changed at all. It has always said Starbucks.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, dachengdao said:

And the Rose is Pommery, not Veuve.

Pommery is a really excellent champagne.  

I have to say, I don't get the almost cult-like devotion to Veuve.  It's good, yes, but so are many other champagnes.  

• Like 14

I also like Pommery and many other champagnes and premium sparkling wines. However, I’d like to be sure there is a blanc de blanc or blanc de noir somewhere on the ship. It doesn’t seem too much to ask. I only upgraded for premium wine, so this is disappointing. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

@Arrow34 I wonder if the Jewel will still have Veuve? Wouldn’t they use up their supply that is already on board? You may be in luck…

They don’t have to do that. They will probably just sell it but not offer it as premium plus which, by the way, SUCKS!

• Like 2

The thing is, I’ll drink the same amount. I’ll just have to make another selection. And I find the plus options drinkable and the standard options pretty bad (just for wine, other stuff is fine) for my taste. I love champagne - it’s my favorite. But I do like all wine varietals if they are high quality. If we are being optimistic, the glass will be half full with our new favorites! And we’ll be on vacation! This is my first cruise so I don’t have old habits. Maybe brut rosé will forever remind me of my cruise! 

🥂🍾🥂🥃🥂🍷🥂🍾🥃🍷🥂🍾🍺🍷🍸🍾🍷🥂🍹🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥃🥂

• Like 3