No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

If this remains in place, I'll probably remove my FAS+ package.  I do like Pellegrino and Starbucks but I don't drink quite enough of those to make the upgrade worthwhile, so if both Moet and Veuve are gone, I'll revert to the basic package and purchase the Internet package alone.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

As far as I can see the coffee hasn't changed at all. It has always said Starbucks.

Thanks! I went back to double check the lists and they are the same.  The advertisement for the package though had indicated "All Starbucks coffee and specialty drinks."

1 hour ago, 22KristenB said:

And I find the plus options drinkable and the standard options pretty bad (just for wine, other stuff is fine) for my taste.

🥂🍾🥂🥃🥂🍷🥂🍾🥃🍷🥂🍾🍺🍷🍸🍾🍷🥂🍹🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥃🥂

Earlier this month we attended a wine tasting on the Gem to Bermuda and it was all bad.  Think supermarket wines -- that bad. The event itself was fun and we had a good time, but I was shocked they would include those in a tasting.

4 hours ago, dachengdao said:

My husband likes Enigma, and thankfully it is still there.

Yeah, I drank my weight in Enigma and Hennessy XO on the escape three weeks ago.  At $50 per drink, my first double of the day more than paid for the cost of the upgrade for the day 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

If this remains in place, I'll probably remove my FAS+ package.  I do like Pellegrino and Starbucks but I don't drink quite enough of those to make the upgrade worthwhile, so if both Moet and Veuve are gone, I'll revert to the basic package and purchase the Internet package alone.

What got me was that while chatting with the agent, the only option given to me was to possibly call in and cancel the upgrade. Why would they rather lose all that money rather than trying to accommodate upset passengers? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Yeah, I drank my weight in Enigma and Hennessy XO on the escape three weeks ago.  At $50 per drink, my first double of the day more than paid for the cost of the upgrade for the day 

Yes, that's a very valid point. I'll get hubby to try the other pricey brands as well to make up my perceived loss. I might develop a taste for the Pommery Rose after all too.

• Like 1

Not the first time they tried to exclude goose

A spokesperson for Norwegian told Cruise Critic it recently reversed a decision to exclude Grey Goose and Grand Marnier from the Ultimate Beverage Package.”

They tried this back in 2019 and either got backlash about it and reversed course or fixed what ever supply chain issues they had with the brand.

Just now, JustAPilot said:

A spokesperson for Norwegian told Cruise Critic it recently reversed a decision to exclude Grey Goose and Grand Marnier from the Ultimate Beverage Package.”

They tried this back in 2019 and either got backlash about it and reversed course or fixed what ever supply chain issues they had with the brand.

Maybe if we all call to complain they will reverse course or provide suitable replacements so we don't feel cheated.

6 hours ago, Antimony said:

I don't see the Inniskillin ice wine on the new flyer either. The package is still worth it to me, but no Veuve and no Inniskillin is definitely a disappointment.

Yeah my wife won't be happy. We both liked the ice wine as a nice little after dinner drink. She also was obsessed with Veuve. We don't sail again until next March so who knows how much it'll change between now and then but I'll have to keep an eye out.

One thing I did notice on the newest list, Crown is back down to regular beverage package level. Last 2 trips it was on the upgraded package. Didn't think I'd see anything move back down to lower tier. 

2 minutes ago, Juncti said:

Crown is back down to regular beverage package level. Last 2 trips it was on the upgraded package. Didn't think I'd see anything move back down to lower tier. 

Oh wow!  They threw us a bone then. Good catch!

16 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

FYI, I was the OP of that thread. Don’t know if they did it since, but there was an official statement posted on the thread with the decision reversal. Backlash can make a difference.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

FYI, I was the OP of that thread. Don’t know if they did it since, but there was an official statement posted on the thread with the decision reversal. Backlash can make a difference.

Oooops, reading comprehension is helpful, so nevermind!

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Sounds like mgmt does read these forums after all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dachengdao said:

Looks like only the coffee from Starbucks is included now. I wonder if that includes cappuccinos and lattes, but probably just means regular brewed.

I had several iced mochas from Starbucks on Breakaway in early March.  No charge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Pommery is a really excellent champagne.  

I have to say, I don't get the almost cult-like devotion to Veuve.  It's good, yes, but so are many other champagnes.  

100% when we booked the FAS+ this was our favourite, much better than Veuve 

• Like 1

Not going to say I will miss either but...it is a symptom of the direction NCL is heading 😞

First 4 cruises we took, the food was pretty dang good, the entertainment was fantastic...this was part of why we chose to sail with NCL.

The onion soup in the MDR was pretty good (not quite as good as le Bistro but hey...), last cruise it was...disappointing 😞 Osso Bucco with lamb shank instead of veal??? Upcharges for fillet in an extra charge specialty restaurant??? Come on guys, you can do better...

We were fortunate enough to see Priscilla on our last cruise but it was their last week...replaced with???

It may not be a popular opinion but we would rather pay a little more for our cruise than to have to deal with the cutbacks in the beverage, food, and entertainment departments. We love the ships and the general atmosphere, and the crew have always been above and beyond for us.

Target Celebrity, Princess, Holland America guys, not Carnival, RCI, and MSC. Aim higher not lower!

Edited by Brian V
  • Like 1