No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

for those that did the drink package upgrade, vs the free at sea upgrade, you should still be able to cancel the package.  The wait to you're onboard and see if they have the drinks you want.  At that point, you can decide whether or not to re-purchase the upgrade.  I waited to upgrade onboard on my last cruise.  I did it really to be able to use my OBC to offset the cost, but it was nice to be able to verify they had the drinks I wanted, Macallan

• Like 4

4 hours ago, gotscrapz said:

Usually read this stuff and think, ok but there's another choice. Looking at that list there is a choice at all for some categories. I know I am overreacting, but darn we paid for the Haven outright, we upgraded everything, they are getting a full price from on several cruises and I can't get a good vodka or glass of champagne. If there we decent alternatives... but there aren't. Ok - letting go for now lol. 

Yep, again they try to eek out a few hundred, maybe a thousand a sailing, makes sense across fleet math wise yet keep sending twice weekly postcards to the tired of cut service, raise price - won't book at high rates.

Pretty soon, the package will probably only include the crappy prosecco that Carnival serves... I bet there's going to be an uproar over this. I'd hate to be one of the poor bartenders or servers bearing the brunt of the complaints.

• Like 6

For me it is the vodka I am not happy with. I am a martini guy, they took out completely Belvedere and moved Grey Goose to + .... now what I am going to get in my martini ? 

If I want a Grey Goose martini do I have to pay a couple of $ as an upcharge or would they charge the total price of the drink to my account ?

At least those of us on CC know about it ahead of time, imagine all the folks that don't know they've changed it. There are going to be some really pissed off people and I do feel bad for the poor bartenders that are going to have to deal with it. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sebas030 said:

For me it is the vodka I am not happy with. I am a martini guy, they took out completely Belvedere and moved Grey Goose to + .... now what I am going to get in my martini ? 

If I want a Grey Goose martini do I have to pay a couple of $ as an upcharge or would they charge the total price of the drink to my account ?

Just the price beyond $15. 

Grey Goose, club, and cranberry is my go to when I cruise. I know, I'm a boring drinker. Also, I'm a fat diabetic drinker, ergo the boring drink. Looks like I just won't get the drink package and have my, like ten drinks. That should still be less than the gratuities. 

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Just the price beyond $15. 

Grey Goose, club, and cranberry is my go to when I cruise. I know, I'm a boring drinker. Also, I'm a fat diabetic drinker, ergo the boring drink. Looks like I just won't get the drink package and have my, like ten drinks. That should still be less than the gratuities. 

thank you

• Like 1

I am just surprised that they are pulling this after having Veuve so prominently placed and listed and that is why I bought it ahead of time.  Not offering a champagne as a premium offering is stupid.  A rose is not what I consider an alternative champagne.

• Like 6

This is either a mistake or really freaking dumb. Even airlines do better then this. On my last flight British airlines offered a Rose and a regular champagne and that was from a little drink cart, not a giant ship lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sebas030 said:

What about ketel 1. Is that still available  on the standard drink package?

16 minutes ago, Arrow34 said:

I am just surprised that they are pulling this after having Veuve so prominently placed and listed and that is why I bought it ahead of time.  Not offering a champagne as a premium offering is stupid.  A rose is not what I consider an alternative champagne.

What do they plan to make mimosas with?! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arrow34 said:

Well crap, you are right the latest premium plus doesn't list vueve, even though it does in the app. I signed up for the package because it does have Veuve for my wife. Wth, calling tomorrow to see what can be done. This is dumb

Same sentiments. Leaving in two weeks and Veuve was part of our beverage package upgrade calculations.

• Like 5

This is really not right. We paid based on marketing that showed Veuve prominently (still does). Hopefully it's just a short-term supply issue and not necessarily a permanent change. We are sailing in September on Viva, so we'll find out soon enough!

• Like 3

Just checked in with our travel agent (so happy to have one!) and he told me that based on a discussion with NCL last week, "regular" Veuve is still included by the glass, but Veuve Rose is only available at Le Bistro while having dinner.

9 hours ago, gotscrapz said:

I know I am overreacting, but darn we paid for the Haven outright, we upgraded everything, they are getting a full price from on several cruises and I can't get a good vodka or glass of champagne. If there we decent alternatives... but there aren't. 

Exactly! It's bait and switch. The chat agent basically told me my only choice is to deal with it or try to get the upgrade removed. That's funny because last week I just posted a question in the stockholder's Q&A about what they were planning to do to improve customer service and I got over 100 upvotes.

• Like 1