Husband in Recovery

DanaDanes

Hi! Heading on the summit to Bermuda and we have the All included  package with our booking. My husband is 8 years in recovery and does not drink alcohol at all. He would love the zero proof package instead for the smoothies and waters etc. does anyone know if we can switch out his classic package for the zero proof one in these circumstances? 

You may wish to try contacting the captain’s club .

Hopefully , they will be able to assist you modifying the beverage package.

1-888-859-7692.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by horseymike
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You should be able to do this on the ship.

You should also be able to do it by calling the Captian’s Club pre-cruise and making the request.  I have seen it documented here on CC that others have been successful swapping the Classic Package for the Zero Proof.  They have not received any credit as a result of the price difference but have been able to make the change.’

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Q. Does everyone in my stateroom need to buy a Drink Package?

A. Any guest wishing to purchase the Drink Package must do so for all other guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom.

The following exceptions can be made, giving the guests the option of purchasing the Zero Proof package instead. Exceptions: • Children 12 years old and under: will NOT be required to purchase a Zero drink package. • Teens – A Zero Proof drink package will be added. • 13 -17 years old (Europe, Asia, Australia) • 13 - 20 years old (USA) • Pregnant guests – A Zero Proof drink package will be added. • Recovering alcoholic, religious request, or medical issue that doesn’t allow guests to consume alcohol. – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Beverage_Package_FAQs.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

Q. Does everyone in my stateroom need to buy a Drink Package?

A. Any guest wishing to purchase the Drink Package must do so for all other guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom.

The following exceptions can be made, giving the guests the option of purchasing the Zero Proof package instead. Exceptions: • Children 12 years old and under: will NOT be required to purchase a Zero drink package. • Teens – A Zero Proof drink package will be added. • 13 -17 years old (Europe, Asia, Australia) • 13 - 20 years old (USA) • Pregnant guests – A Zero Proof drink package will be added. • Recovering alcoholic, religious request, or medical issue that doesn’t allow guests to consume alcohol. – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Beverage_Package_FAQs.pdf

Perfect! I’m so glad there is a set policy, I hate making special requests!

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing this. I have the all-included classic package; however, my daughter is only 17 yo. My TA says she will get the classic zero-proof package not premium zero proof. It seems odd because I spent a lot of money for her to only have classic zero proof. Does anyone have experience with this> Curious if I should look into this further with the captain's club, etc  or if it's just their policy? 

On 4/30/2023 at 8:29 PM, DanaDanes said:

Hi! Heading on the summit to Bermuda and we have the All included  package with our booking. My husband is 8 years in recovery and does not drink alcohol at all. He would love the zero proof package instead for the smoothies and waters etc. does anyone know if we can switch out his classic package for the zero proof one in these circumstances? 

Kudos to your husband on being 8 years in recovery!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Discruiser3 said:

Thanks for sharing this. I have the all-included classic package; however, my daughter is only 17 yo. My TA says she will get the classic zero-proof package not premium zero proof. It seems odd because I spent a lot of money for her to only have classic zero proof. Does anyone have experience with this> Curious if I should look into this further with the captain's club, etc  or if it's just their policy? 

There is only one Zero Proof package. 

6 hours ago, Discruiser3 said:

Just off Solstice w/ my teens there is only 1 zero proof package. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 9:33 PM, russianmom said:

Just off Solstice w/ my teens there is only 1 zero proof package. 

Thank you, good to know!! Hope they had fun 🙂

I saw there was only one zero proof package now. But did you do the all inclusive ? That's what we purchased, so not sure if it is different than if you buy the drink packages separately? 

I called and spoke to a customer service rep as we booked directly with Celebrity and they took care of changing my husband from the classic alcohol beverage package to the zero proof package with no difficulty. I didn’t want to wait and deal with it onboard. 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2023 at 4:49 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

There's a mocktail package you can look into.  It's basically alcoholic drinks minus the alcohol (for example Virgin Martinis, Virgin Pina Coladas, etc.)  That's what I'm getting on my next cruise as I don't drink either.

In the past, we've ordered virgin drinks and they've contained alcohol.  I think the bartenders are so used to making alcoholic drinks.  Just sniff them first.  

• Like 1