Mexican night menu

Could someone please post the menu for Mexican night?  It's the only one I'm really concerned about because of digestion problems with peppers. I'm hoping they offer something like taco salad without peppers.

Thanks,

Kathy

Dont have the menu but I had the pulled pork enchilada. It's more like a burrito, nothing like a enchilada. I cut it in half and ate the pork out of it and left the thick casing. It wasnt spicy. 

No tacos for entrees. Or taco salad. 

I was just thinking fhe live review of the Panama canal he posted all the menus, you might go thru it and find the mexican menu. What I ate was bland. No peppers or onions. 

Edited by firefly333

It's really pushing it to call it "Mexican Night', just like Italian, French, etc.   The enchilada is def more like a burrito, def not an enchilada.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BND said:

It's really pushing it to call it "Mexican Night', just like Italian, French, etc.   The enchilada is def more like a burrito, def not an enchilada.  

And I had rhe shrimp cocktail and mybe a salad. .. so mexican lol

1 minute ago, ATG said:

We had the carne asada on odyssey and it was not very good, definitely the worst thing we had on the ship.

I saw it came with spinach... yuck. What a mexican choice. How about refried beans?

We joked at our table they needed to come to texas and see some tex mex. We would teach them tex mex. This was not it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

You should be able to view it in the app.

And this is my biggest issue right now with RC and the APP.  

NO menus at all listed for a 5 nighter leaving Saturday the 13th.  Frustrating.  I can see menus for a 12 nighter in November - but nothing for a May cruise.

Just now, Williamsburgcruiser said:

NO menus at all listed for a 5 nighter leaving Saturday the 13th.  Frustrating.  I can see menus for a 12 nighter in November - but nothing for a May cruise.

They do tend to disappear and reappear, often just before a cruise in my experience. Then they reappear on boarding day with updated info.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Menus in the app have always been for the current cruse that ship is sailing on.  Never for your specific cruise. So just view the current sailing and you'll see the menus.

25 minutes ago, celly said:

Loved the poblano pepper soup and carne asada on Symphony, it was delicious!

I’m really glad to hear that.  I hope it was just an anomaly that night.  The rest of the meals we had ranged from quite good to excellent.  That’s why the carne asada stood out.  I’m not a Texan so it wasn’t due to usually eating “authentic”.  In fact, I think that’s the first time I ever tried it.  Mine was bland and tough, DH’s had a metallic taste.  We’ll give it another try sometime.

17 hours ago, CruisinCadie said:

Could someone please post the menu for Mexican night?  It's the only one I'm really concerned about because of digestion problems with peppers. I'm hoping they offer something like taco salad without peppers.

Thanks,

Kathy

This is a screenshot of the entrées. I’m not wild about the Mexican things they had. I had spaghetti. And I husband had grilled chicken. No problem.

56B05C35-A655-432C-8F4A-11D1B24341A6.thumb.png.d332c2c25cf8524ce0db496b77d2ab98.png

21 minutes ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Don't be surprised if you see the  November menu disappear.  I have to agree that the app does not populate the menu until the day of the cruise.  Very difficult to schedule specialty dinning without knowing what is in the dining room 

• Like 1

We found that most of the "theme" menu items were NOT in that theme, so no worries of not wanting a Mexican/Asian/British/etc. meal.  Mexican night, for example, might include Indian, French, American, and many other dishes.

I had the enchilada and it was fine and not spicy at all. It NEEDED something though as it was quite dry. This was my second time ordering it so I ordered some 'salsa' and a LOT of sour cream. I ended up receiving a small container of the red sauce that they use to make the enchilada and a small container of sour cream.  Next time I will order it again, but also improvise again. 4sure order 2 extra containers of sour cream.  I am not a wasteful person, but they have gotten so stingy, you have to work around the issues that they force upon us.  I dont understand if they are going to have "Mexican night" why can't they have a more complete menu? Like chips and salsa or some queso???  I know they have salsa in the windjammer.  Also, it did come with rice and beans, which were good. The beans were hidden beside/under the enchilada, but they were tasty.

• Like 1