Anyone ever had Carnival lose your luggage?

love4monsters

Too much heavy steel etc around a ship for AirTags to work particularly well. That and most people have their phones in airplane mode so the location isn't updating.

• Like 1

Nope. I always have an external tag with my name and phone number if it was to ever happen. 

Out of what, 2,000+ thousand people and pieces of luggage per cruise, you sometimes see maybe 10 pieces near guest services that are missing the luggage tags. I think that odds are pretty good.

McDonald's always screws orders up daily, but people always seem to return back there.

Edited by Gamecock_Cruiser
  • Like 1

I had a small suitcase lost and embarkation.  Two days later it was found.  It was delivered to another cabin.  On another cruise, a bag was accidently deliver to us that wasn't ours.  We immediately advised the steward.  I hope it didn't take 2 says for its owners to get it.

Not on Carnival, I'm a newbie....but we got 2 of 4 bags at our stateroom on NCL last summer.  I had put a Tile in one and not another (my MIL's), so could ping one (it rang and I found it down the hall).  My MIL's I found a few doors down from there.  We were lucky!   

PM

Yep, was traveling with mom and hers went missing.  We found it at like 10pm the first night.  They took her to a section of the ship where they had "unidentified" luggage at.  Her Carnival tag had been ripped off (even though is was tied on very well).  She had her name and home address tag on the outside too, but I guess they didn't bother to look at that one.

All the more reason I always carry on only.

Also, just posted something on this.  Right from Carnival's cruise contract.  They are only liable for $50 per suite case / $100 max per room (regardless of number of bags/passengers).

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:10 PM, love4monsters said:

Disembarked this morning from the Magic at Port Canaveral and are missing a bag. Completely apathetic staff to our plight. Anyone have experience with this and have tips on how to navigate the process? The one t shirt we purchased for our son is gone from the most perfect day in St Maarten on a catamaran. Carnival is losing 3 cruisers today. The lack of care or effort illustrates why we won't be on their ships any longer. 

Regrettably, it has happened to a very unsuspecting cruise passenger on a previous cruise through no fault of the cruise line when my DH collected a bag that he thought was his own in the terminal on debarkation day. We made it all the way back to ATL with the wrong bag!  When we arrived home and DH opened to unpack, he realized that the rightful owner wore tighty whities while he wore boxers. Fortunately there was identification in the bag and we were able to ship his luggage to the rightful owner. At the same time, we had to pay the cruise line to ship DH’s bag to us. Now I tape a bright pink duck tape strip across all our bags. All that to say, it may not have been the cruise line who did the losing of the luggage. 

I did a B2B on Splendor out of Long Beach and on turnaround day ca couple of suitcases appeared at my door.  I was in the same cabin both legs, and these bags had my cabin number on the tags.  I told the steward and they were removed.  EM

On 4/17/2023 at 6:33 PM, cooncat_mom said:

I’m glad you found your bag!  On our last cruise (Royal) our bags were very late in coming to us - way after the other bags had been delivered and pulled into rooms.

Something similar happened to me on MY last Royal cruise -- my rolling duffle was dropped off down the hall from our cabin and I happened to spot it while walking back.  My cabinmate's suitcase was dropped off on the OTHER side of the ship, but happily on the same deck.  😮  

On 5/9/2023 at 1:27 AM, csm5986142 said:

We've had 2 issues w/luggage (out of 25 cruises) and now only travel with carry-ons.

The first was a lost bag (lost for the first 3 days of a 7 day cruise) but it really wasn't Carnival's fault.  From what I understand, multiple teenage boys were sharing the room next door and grabbed it while moving their luggage in (not realizing it didn't belong to any of them).  And yes, leave it up to teenage boys to not realize, even after it sat in their room for days, that it wasn't one of theirs.  The cabin steward finally figured it out.

Many years ago, a couple on our CC Roll Call had TWO of their suitcases go astray during embark.  They even split their clothing between bags so if one bag was lost, each would have something to wear...but BOTH were lost.   

When they didn't show up by morning, Carnival gave them OBC to buy clothing items in the logo store and sent a letter to each cabin saying "Have you seen these bags?" with photos of the suitcases.  In the MDR on cruise-elegant night, the maitre'd told everyone not to give them the hairy eyeball for wearing Carnival logo tees and shorts because they were "the ones" whose luggage was lost. 

Somehow, the luggage magically appeared onboard the last night...and our only conclusion was that someone had brought them into their cabin and then ignored them the entire week.  Could have been similar to the "multiple teenagers" scenario you described where it was an honest mistake, but still.....

On 5/9/2023 at 1:11 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Reason # 327 to follow the Rick Steves method of packing for longer trips, carry-on and backpack only.

Yep, we ONLY do carry on - and when I say that I mean "LEGIT" carry on.  Like by airplane standard since we have to fly for every cruise..  Even an up to an 8 day cruise!  Just for this reason.

Those who drive have it way easier because you can take a bigger suite case on then airplane regulations allow.  So if you drive you most certainly could carry on your suite case (barring it being some gigantic thing).