The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 9th, 2023

Just a quick, short update.  Can't read much.  Can't get my glasses on - swollen nose, with stitches, and still lots of bruising.  Hate this whole thing, and to think I have to go through it again in about 3-4 weeks.  My take on things - Cancer Suck@. Sorry for my language, but---.

Till I can post again, thoughts and prayers for all.

Mary Kay

• Like 3
  • Thanks 15

5 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

IMG_0083.thumb.JPG.d64d0b0f567dfdef92eca1fd440b550b.JPG

Beautiful! I hope you enjoyed your cruise despite the weather! Welcome home! 

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, time for a quick check-in.

We stopped at a couple of greenhouses and ended up picking up 4 pots of multi coloured dahlias.  I've never had them before, and am hoping they are continuous blooming, or we'll be replacing them.

I wanted to share my mom's button box - I'm sure some of you still have one like it around.  It was interesting opening it, because in addition to very old buttons, there were earrings, a cuff link, a belt buckle, and even a little ivory handled pen knife.  Great memories in that one container.

Button Box.JPG

Ooh, I have one too, so much fun!

12 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Just a quick, short update.  Can't read much.  Can't get my glasses on - swollen nose, with stitches, and still lots of bruising.  Hate this whole thing, and to think I have to go through it again in about 3-4 weeks.  My take on things - Cancer Suck@. Sorry for my language, but---.

Mary Kay

I agree!  Hope you feel better soon! 

• Like 8

Just time for a  quick post , Thanks for the reports today, have not been to the port. 

As we head to winter, It's lovely to see the photos of the spring flowers.

Thank you to those  who kindly commented yesterday re my CT Scan, thankful I have had a very good result.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Just time for a  quick post , Thanks for the reports today, have not been to the port. 

Thank you to those  who kindly commented yesterday re my CT Scan, thankful I have had a very good result.

Yay!  Always good to get good news! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, I'm sorry you are still experiencing do much discomfort.   I hope things improve soon.

57 minutes ago, erewhon said:

I'm happy you have a very good report from your CT scan.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay

I am so sorry. I know the swollen nose issue all too well.... and the inability to get glasses on. Take care.

Susan

• Like 7

So late but that’s the day it’s been here!  

When my 2 step sons came to live with me at ages 9 and 12 they had a tub of soccer socks, including 31 odd socks!  No 2 had the same stripes. I tossed them and started over. 

Moscato is about all I can drink anymore. I’ll never find out when $400 champagne tastes like. 

Sorry for the misery Mary Kay, Ann and Vanessa! Hope it passes soon. 

Erewhon, cheers for the good report!  

May Ivan enjoy his new do!  

Blessings all!  Maureen 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@Oceansaway17 you raise a thorny issue.  I was hospitalized with pneumonia in early February and really have not recovered that much.  Actually, I should have been on Vision as we speak but did not feel like I could safely make the trip.  I've been following a live thread by @DragonOfTheSeas and very impressed by what I see of Vision, especially a couple of differencees from other Vision class like a few outdoor tables behind the Park Cafe,

@grapau27 you seem to be lucky in the UK.  @DragonOfTheSeas and DH got new blocks but were told them if they did not carry them off the ship they would not get them.

Roy

Roy @rafinmd.

It came via International courier from the United States.

We usually pay a lot more for our cruises in the UK and don't have Refundable deposits like the US.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay

Oh no, that sounds so uncomfortable!  I hope things improve soon for you.  If I didn't wear my glasses I couldn't read here.  Prayers for you!

Also prayers for Vanessa @JazzyV's knees and Ann @Vict0riann's headache as well.

7 hours ago, erewhon said:

Excellent news to hear!  So happy for you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 5:15 AM, StLouisCruisers said:

Our port of the day is Probolinggo, Java Indonesia.  I have only been to Benoa (Bali).  This port sounds like a good one

Can you please tell me if Holland America handles the Visas for Indonesia?  Any help is appreciated.  We are US citizens. Thanks 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, travelbug1054ab said:

Can you please tell me if Holland America handles the Visas for Indonesia?  Any help is appreciated.  We are US citizens. Thanks 

We happened to have an appointment with Future Cruise Consultant Annette this morning and she said Indonesian visas are handled on the ship by Holland America. If you want to double check that advice, call HAL or your travel agent. 

• Like 1