Must cancel cruise 2 weeks before departure!

11 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Yes,they issue it that day. It's cutting it close but hoping for the best! 

Sending good vibes your way. If you do miss Jewel's departure in Amsterdam, at the very worst you actually have your passport and you can then arrange to join the ship in Invergordon. I'm ignorant regarding American travel insurance, however I'm just wondering if you have some sort of high-end "cancel anytime for any reason" or "we pay for any issues" type of policy that can give you trip interuption regarding this passport issue? See you onboard! 😉

Edited by Hoopster95

Could you have flown out of DC that night?  Again,  don’t forget to call Royal with the new passport number.   There's a 24 hr number for emergencies.  It's in your edocs.

Good luck.

Edited by njkruzer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I remember someone here said they found theirs in the copy machine.  They were making a copy of it in case they lost it.

I checked the printer,etc. I just moved the refrigerator in hopes it had fallen off the counter. Only found dust bunnies! I always keep a copy in my suitcase so that will help with obtaining my new one. I also have my last 4 voided passports. I am not lying when I say that in a tornado warning  I grab the dog my purse and my passport and shelter in the bathroom. My most valuable possessions!!! Non travelling friends think  I am crazy to go to these lengths but cruise critic people understand!  ✈️🚢

Edited by read2learn
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Since you said it may have been among a bunch of papers check all your tax documents for this year.  You may have filed them all away together.  i've heard of stranger thanks happening.

Edited by frosty52
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, read2learn said:

I checked the printer,etc. I just moved the refrigerator in hopes it had fallen off the counter. Only found dust bunnies! I always keep a copy in my suitcase so that will help with obtaining my new one. I also have my last 4 voided passports. I am not lying when I say that in a tornado warning  I grab the dog my purse and my passport and shelter in the bathroom. My most valuable possessions!!! Non travelling friends think  I am crazy to go to these lengths but cruise critic people understand!  ✈️🚢

One time I thought I lost a credit card..  I knew I used it at the local gas station the day before and thought I gave it to my husband to put in his wallet... but then remembered I put it in my jeans pocket after much thinking.  So I checked my Jeans pocket and NOT THERE.  So trying to remember the impossible and searching everywhere.  I was resolved to it being gone.  Then I thought... maybe I had on different jeans and I checked those and amazing, it was there!  Most things I loose are in a different purse's or one of those zip compartment.  Too much stuff!  I hope you can find your passport without all the additional expenses and worry.

• Thanks 1

Passport never appeared so I will click my heels at 5:30 tomorrow morning and appear in Wash DC at the passport office. Does anyone know the Patron Saint of Passports 😊? I need to give him/her a shout !   Wish me luck.....

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Passport never appeared so I will click my heels at 5:30 tomorrow morning and appear in Wash DC at the passport office. Does anyone know the Patron Saint of Passports 😊? I need to give him/her a shout !   Wish me luck.....

Good luck!! 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Good luck! 🤞

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

Good luck.  I think you will make this happen!   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

Wishing you good wishes. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, read2learn said:

Good Luck!  Hope all goes well! 🤞 🙏

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

hope all goes well for you, this is stress you don't need before a vacation!

Thank you! Having a cell phone go crazy and need replacing plus a bad case of poison ivy didn't help either but...Keep calm and carry on!   😊

• Like 1

Success!!! So much of my stress and apprehension was unnecessary but.... I caught the early flight, in line at the agency at 7 (people were already there for 8 o'clock appts). They opened the doors at 7:30 and we were allowed to go and submit paperwork. By 8 I was at a cafe having a breakfast. I returned at 10:30 to wait for my 11:30 pick-up time but it was ready so out I went. Back to airport ,changed to an earlier flight and was landing back home at 3!!! Was amazed at how smoothly it went and how efficient and nice everyone was. Then I wandered in the parking garage trying to find my car! 45 mns later I found it with the help af an airport employee. I was numb by that time with absolutley no sleep but all ended well. Now I get to head to Chicago then on to Amsterdam tomorrow. I am so glad this is a 12 night cruise and not just 7. I need a few extra days of floating to recoup from the passport caper. Thanks everyone for your good wishes and concern. It turned out  to be a fun adventure,gorgeous day in DC,passed all of the landmarks and Potomac on way to/from airport. 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, read2learn said:

Success!!! So much of my stress and apprehension was unnecessary but.... I caught the early flight, in line at the agency at 7 (people were already there for 8 o'clock appts). They opened the doors at 7:30 and we were allowed to go and submit paperwork. By 8 I was at a cafe having a breakfast. I returned at 10:30 to wait for my 11:30 pick-up time but it was ready so out I went. Back to airport ,changed to an earlier flight and was landing back home at 3!!! Was amazed at how smoothly it went and how efficient and nice everyone was. Then I wandered in the parking garage trying to find my car! 45 mns later I found it with the help af an airport employee. I was numb by that time with absolutley no sleep but all ended well. Now I get to head to Chicago then on to Amsterdam tomorrow. I am so glad this is a 12 night cruise and not just 7. I need a few extra days of floating to recoup from the passport caper. Thanks everyone for your good wishes and concern. It turned out  to be a fun adventure,gorgeous day in DC,passed all of the landmarks and Potomac on way to/from airport. 

Yay, so happy for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Congratulations! Don't forget to call Royal,  the emergency number in your edocs, and give them the new passport number.   They need it to complete the manifest they provide at each port.  Might delay your boarding if you don't call.  That number is always answered.

• Like 1