Currently on Liberty, need advice

I bought dinner for 2 at Sabor with OBC I got from my points on the RC credit card before the cruise. On board I canceled the reservation. I never saw the credit on my account so I went to GS today to ask about it and was told that I wouldn’t be getting any credit back because I canceled the reservation. Is this correct? It just doesn’t seem right. I asked them to then reinstate my reservation and after a call to Sabor they said it couldn’t be done.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I bought dinner for 2 at Sabor with OBC I got from my points on the RC credit card before the cruise. On board I canceled the reservation. I never saw the credit on my account so I went to GS today to ask about it and was told that I wouldn’t be getting any credit back because I canceled the reservation. Is this correct? It just doesn’t seem right. I asked them to then reinstate my reservation and after a call to Sabor they said it couldn’t be done.

Love it - a new scam! You have been royaled! Hope you cancel the grats to make up for it!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Does not sound right unless I'm missing something.

Go back to guest services and ask to see the Guest Services Manager.  I have always been able to cancel 24 hours before and have the cost returned as refundable OBC

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Does not sound right unless I'm missing something.

Go back to guest services and ask to see the Guest Services Manager.  I have always been able to cancel 24 hours before and have the cost returned as refundable OBC

I did ask to see the manager because it didn’t seem right and he said the business people come in at 5 and will look into it and they’ll call me. Seems weird. I canceled day 2 for a day 4 reservation.

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I did ask to see the manager because it didn’t seem right and he said the business people come in at 5 and will look into it and they’ll call me. Seems weird. I canceled day 2 for a day 4 reservation.

That is a bit close as I think officially most cancellations must happen 48 hours before - or, RCI changed the rules and will no longer allow pre-cruise bought items to be cancelled for OBC. I wouldn't wait for the call.

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That is a bit close as I think officially most cancellations must happen 48 hours before - or, RCI changed the rules and will no longer allow pre-cruise bought items to be cancelled for OBC. I wouldn't wait for the call.

Actually, and I did not know this, it's 24 hours, and it just says "charged a minimum of $10" if you cancel within 24 hrs.. whatever that means. Anyway, maybe it's a bargaining chip.

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Here's their policy so you can take this to them, clearly stating 24 hours.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/specialty-dining-restaurant-cancellation-policy

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Actually, and I did not know this, it's 24 hours, and it just says "charged a minimum of $10" if you cancel within 24 hrs..

I seem to recall some other items, like excursions may need the longer cancellation notice.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

I seem to recall some other items, like excursions may need the longer cancellation notice.

Winner Winner!

"Excursions can be modified or cancelled up to 48 hours prior to port arrival without penalty."

4 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Well who else is giving you the run around? The shareholders?

Not the crew the tip would go to.  That would be like the bartender screwing up your drink order and you withholding the tip from the server.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, read2learn said:

The fact that is was redeemed as points from credit card may be the difference. It is being treated differently than regular OBC. Good luck!

GS wouldn't know how the reservation was paid until they go to refund it. And Points from the CC are given as OBC 

5 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Not the crew the tip would go to.  That would be like the bartender screwing up your drink order and you withholding the tip from the server.  

What is wrong with that?

Bad service is bad service - no need to start an investigation!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

What is wrong with that?

Bad service is bad service - no need to start an investigation!

Management who is responsible for this specific issue doesn't benefit from the DSC.  Removing the DSC in retaliation for this issue impacts the most junior members of the crew none of which are management or have any influence on this specialty restaurant issue.  

It's a billing issue.  Not a service issue.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, robmtx said:

Actually, and I did not know this, it's 24 hours, and it just says "charged a minimum of $10" if you cancel within 24 hrs.. whatever that means. Anyway, maybe it's a bargaining chip.

Here's their policy so you can take this to them, clearly stating 24 hours.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/specialty-dining-restaurant-cancellation-policy

It really stinks, but the policy would seem to hurt your case rather than help it. It makes a distinction between precruise and onboard reservations.

15 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I cancelled my UDP on Oasis this last March on the day we boarded and received a full refund.  It went to refundable OBC on my on board account.

Go back to guest services and ask for a manager

• Thanks 1